Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Daniel & Kate's affair exposed
Topic Started: Aug 21 2008, 07:49 AM (4,633 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kirk
Aug 21 2008, 04:19 PM
anligirl
Aug 21 2008, 02:26 PM
A lot of fans are really intrigued by this couple so I think we need to give them a chance.
A lot of fans? Where, Terry's chamber of insanity?
LMAO :roflol: .
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kevc1980
Aug 21 2008, 05:08 PM
Honestly, i think Dena thought the audience would like a patient and doctor falling for each other like Izzy and George on Greys..But Chelsea went from being a very likeable character to a stalker going after Daniel, when she already had a great guy in her life..These two haven't been liked from the start..And i think Dena and NBC realized that..Which is why we haven't seen much of them since late June and they weren't in the Summer of Romance promo..

I think they threw in the Kate and Daniel affair, to be something that could break up Chelsea and Dan..And we are finally going to get to see Chelsea interacting with the group where she belongs..
I agree, although, as I mentioned in other posts on this, I think there was more to it then this. I think the in-fighting behidn the scenes contributed to this.

I do think Chan are done for good and this whole Kate thing was what they came up with to get out of it. The writing's been on the wall since June. They stopped being forced on us and the lack of pimping of them suggests the show realizes they are a failure IMO.

sungrey

Kevc1980
Honestly, i think Dena thought the audience would like a patient and doctor falling for each other like Izzy and George on Greys..But Chelsea went from being a very likeable character to a stalker going after Daniel, when she already had a great guy in her life..These two haven't been liked from the start..And i think Dena and NBC realized that..Which is why we haven't seen much of them since late June and they weren't in the Summer of Romance promo..

I think they threw in the Kate and Daniel affair, to be something that could break up Chelsea and Dan..And we are finally going to get to see Chelsea interacting with the group where she belongs..
If Rachel and Blake don't like working together, I'd tell them build a bridge and get over yourselves. Chelsea and Nick had chemistry. Chelsea and Daniel don't. Pure and simple. Shawn Christian is a good actor as evidenced by his ATWT work, but something went wrong behind the scenes with this story and now we're seeing it on screen.

Based on what the previews indicate, I wonder if Chelsea goes to find everyone in Europe, sees Nick with Melanie and instantly realizes she F'd up big time.

Then again, ya have to wonder how long Molly Burnett might be around, given a huge cast upheaval might be ahead with Ed's dismissal.

And by the way... Terry's chamber of insanity? Sounds like a ride you might find at a bad amusement park in Orlando. :applause:

Charmqn
Member Avatar

sungrey
Aug 22 2008, 05:25 AM
Kevc1980

If Rachel and Blake don't like working together, I'd tell them build a bridge and get over yourselves. Chelsea and Nick had chemistry. Chelsea and Daniel don't. Pure and simple. Shawn Christian is a good actor as evidenced by his ATWT work, but something went wrong behind the scenes with this story and now we're seeing it on screen.

Based on what the previews indicate, I wonder if Chelsea goes to find everyone in Europe, sees Nick with Melanie and instantly realizes she F'd up big time.

Then again, ya have to wonder how long Molly Burnett might be around, given a huge cast upheaval might be ahead with Ed's dismissal.

And by the way... Terry's chamber of insanity? Sounds like a ride you might find at a bad amusement park in Orlando. :applause:
I think Blake and Rachel like to work together, but I just don't want to see Nick get sucked back into Chelsea's fucking orbit.

From the Canadian episode friday, I really like the Melanie/Nick scenes and like to see where the writers take them.

proshutterbug
Member Avatar

as an average viewer I happen to love Daniel and Chelsea and so do many of my friends...more and more people are telling me every day how much they love this couple....just because you don't like them doesn't mean everyone doesn't....I love them and will continue to support them every chance I get.

HorseAngels

I am also an average viewer - an average viewer who also dated a man much older than myslef. Had it not been for fate in the form of an auto accident, that much older man would've been my husband and I am delighted to see this kind of romance brought back to Days in the pariing of Daniel and Chelsea. I love watching them and I have many friends and neighbors who also find them to be a refreshing change in that they fell in love with each genuinely and over time, like a true romance always goes. I am a mature adult, 52 years of age, and I think this couple is fabulous. I have taken to suporting them in any way I can and I will continue to do so.

I applaud Dena Higley for having the courage to write this story and stand firm insupport of it and I also applaud Ken Corday for having the gumption and old-fahsioend nerve ro air it. Bravo to both of them.

:hail: :hail: :hail: :wave: :wave: :smooch: :smooch: :smooch: :makeout: :makeout: :wub2: :sweet: :sweet: :sweet: :sweet: :sweet: :sweet: :sweet: :sweet: :sweet: :sweet: :sweet:

Charmqn
Member Avatar

I have no problem with the age..its the fact that they have no chemistry and that they blew a great coupling like Chick for Chan. Doesn't help that they turned Chelsea into the girl I hated when she started out....God even their ship name-Chan,makes it sound like a sound effect of when your about to throw up.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

It's so obvious, reading the article, how much Rachel likes the Dan/Chelsea pairing and is desperate for it to continue. LOL!

I just don't see the chem between the actors but then again, I don't enjoy either character to begin with. I wish they would both go away. No offense to the actors intended.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

ElvisDiMera
Aug 24 2008, 10:50 PM
It's so obvious, reading the article, how much Rachel likes the Dan/Chelsea pairing and is desperate for it to continue. LOL!

I just don't see the chem between the actors but then again, I don't enjoy either character to begin with. I wish they would both go away. No offense to the actors intended.
Maybe because she believes that if Chan ends, she'll get backburned, so she is desperate for it to work. Though, I want Chan to end, like since it began, I want Chelsea to stay far away from Nick for a long time...Love to see what Nick/Melanie pairing holds...Chelsea needs to see what she missed out on.

Mason
Member Avatar

Charmqn
Aug 25 2008, 12:00 AM
Well, in all fairness, I'd want the opportunity to make out with SC on a regular basis too, LoL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I think Rachel is pushing for this for a few reasons. I do think Blake and her have some sort of tension between them. If that is the case, I wish she would just try to work through it. Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso did not get along for a long time and just look at them now.

I think another reason is because, like any young woman her age, she enjoys working with a guy as good looking as SC. SC is a well-known, popular actor and I think Rachel sees this as a chance to have Chelsea have this fairy-tale, star-crossed romance that falls in line with the likes of Bo and Hope and Doug and Julie (not even close but I think that is her thinking). I'm not saying Rachel is immature or some diluted young woman who wants to live out her own fantasies through the show but I do think she enjoys this more and sees more potential here.

I do hope Chan is over. Sorry for those who like them but I think they messed up any potential they could've had. I gave them a chance in the beginning. I saw some chemistry and potential but they just botched it. It was too rushed and poorly developed.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

ElvisDiMera

Well, RM admitted she has yet to go to the Chan board and IMO that kinda proves she isn't as much into the chan pairing, but her wish for it to continue is probably out of fear and desperation with all the turmoil going on BTS at Days. She might also be worried about SC, who's status on Days is way more vulnerable then hers.

As for the tension between she and Blake, I understand at the last Days event she and Blake got along really well (which she hardly spent anytime around SC). I think she and Blake got over whatever problems they have but RM's issues is she has spent 6 months pushing for this story and it's going to hell in a handbasket, and all she can do is hope the fans of the couple could get something going.

sungrey

PhoenixRising05
Aug 25 2008, 12:45 AM
I think Rachel is pushing for this for a few reasons. I do think Blake and her have some sort of tension between them. If that is the case, I wish she would just try to work through it. Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso did not get along for a long time and just look at them now.

I think another reason is because, like any young woman her age, she enjoys working with a guy as good looking as SC. SC is a well-known, popular actor and I think Rachel sees this as a chance to have Chelsea have this fairy-tale, star-crossed romance that falls in line with the likes of Bo and Hope and Doug and Julie (not even close but I think that is her thinking). I'm not saying Rachel is immature or some diluted young woman who wants to live out her own fantasies through the show but I do think she enjoys this more and sees more potential here.

I do hope Chan is over. Sorry for those who like them but I think they messed up any potential they could've had. I gave them a chance in the beginning. I saw some chemistry and potential but they just botched it. It was too rushed and poorly developed.
Great post, Phoenix. If you watched Days in the mid 1980s and saw Bo and Hope at their earliest (Oak Alley Plantation, etc.), you'd NEVER have guessed those two couldn't stand each other at times. They hid it quite well and as the years went by they've matured into people who love working with each other and it shows in the scenes.

Too many writers are quick to throw water on a pairing because the actors don't get along off camera (Oh, hi Bob Woods and Hillary Smith! Can you just admit half the OLTL audience wants to see you guys re-paired?). I think it's time for Days to cut their losses on Chan, put Shawn Christian in a story worthy of his talents, and put Chelsea back in the mix with Nick (while still exploring this chemistry he has with Melanie).

darraholic
Member Avatar

Charmqn
Aug 24 2008, 10:23 PM
I have no problem with the age..its the fact that they have no chemistry and that they blew a great coupling like Chick for Chan.
ITA. Age is not the problem for me. I could probably stand Chan if they didn't rush it. The fact that Doug/Julie were comparing them to Bope was rather annoying as well. This is one of my biggest problems with Dena. She rushes these couples (Chan & Phorgan).

e83talus
Member Avatar

I have never had an issue with age either. I think it has to do with their maturity levels. I mean Chelsea just got through a soprotity storyline which was all about being young and in her first year of college. Then in a matter of two months she becomes bo's savior, has a huge maturity transformation and becomes someone else overnight who can seemingly pull in a genius doctor?

I just never brought these two characters. I mean if they had made Dan something else other than a great doctor I might have brought it but I found myself saying when watching there earlier scenes after the operation, "what could he possibly have to talk to her about?" Giving him a surfer dude background for me just brought his maturity level down and made me question his "professed medical genius".

They also rushed there relationship so I never saw an attraction because of the other stuff with Bo, Chelsea guilt, Hope and Chelsea bonding, and then Chelsea being ill and not being able to have children. When did the genius doctor start to feel this attraction? Was it when she was getting drunk before Bo's surgery? Was it after the surgery when she was still harping on what she did to Zack? Was it when she was sick and did not want people to know she had an infection? Was it when they found out she could not have children? None of these situations lead my mind to some great attraction and/or love story.

Then it seemed like as soon as she got better, she was in love with Dan and he was running away because of some stupidness about his wife dying. How was that connected to him running away? What was he attarcted to in Chelsea, her illness, her guilt, her whining?

I just don't get the two of them and it has more to do with the maturity of Chelsea and the speed of this insta-love story.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Tripp
Aug 25 2008, 08:27 AM
ElvisDiMera

Well, RM admitted she has yet to go to the Chan board and IMO that kinda proves she isn't as much into the chan pairing, but her wish for it to continue is probably out of fear and desperation with all the turmoil going on BTS at Days. She might also be worried about SC, who's status on Days is way more vulnerable then hers.

As for the tension between she and Blake, I understand at the last Days event she and Blake got along really well (which she hardly spent anytime around SC). I think she and Blake got over whatever problems they have but RM's issues is she has spent 6 months pushing for this story and it's going to hell in a handbasket, and all she can do is hope the fans of the couple could get something going.
That's great to hear that they got along really well on the event(and hardly was around SC)...I really don't think they had any problems between them--just gossip.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

e83talus
Aug 25 2008, 09:52 AM
I have never had an issue with age either. I think it has to do with their maturity levels. I mean Chelsea just got through a soprotity storyline which was all about being young and in her first year of college. Then in a matter of two months she becomes bo's savior, has a huge maturity transformation and becomes someone else overnight who can seemingly pull in a genius doctor?

I just never brought these two characters. I mean if they had made Dan something else other than a great doctor I might have brought it but I found myself saying when watching there earlier scenes after the operation, "what could he possibly have to talk to her about?" Giving him a surfer dude background for me just brought his maturity level down and made me question his "professed medical genius".

They also rushed there relationship so I never saw an attraction because of the other stuff with Bo, Chelsea guilt, Hope and Chelsea bonding, and then Chelsea being ill and not being able to have children. When did the genius doctor start to feel this attraction? Was it when she was getting drunk before Bo's surgery? Was it after the surgery when she was still harping on what she did to Zack? Was it when she was sick and did not want people to know she had an infection? Was it when they found out she could not have children? None of these situations lead my mind to some great attraction and/or love story.

Then it seemed like as soon as she got better, she was in love with Dan and he was running away because of some stupidness about his wife dying. How was that connected to him running away? What was he attarcted to in Chelsea, her illness, her guilt, her whining?

I just don't get the two of them and it has more to do with the maturity of Chelsea and the speed of this insta-love story.
Great post. I wasn't a Chick fan so I didn't care if Chick broke up. I'm not opposed to May-December or at least May-October romances on principle, although I don't think I'd be interested as a general rule in men twenty years older than me--that's getting awfully close to Social Security, for one thing. But I was never given any reason whatsoever as to why these two were interested in each other, for any reason other than some mystical chemical attraction that I never saw.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Tripp
Aug 25 2008, 08:27 AM
ElvisDiMera

I did not know they got along well at a fan event. Interesting...

You make some good points. Maybe it's just about her own security and SC's.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

darraholic
Aug 25 2008, 09:35 AM
Charmqn
Aug 24 2008, 10:23 PM
I have no problem with the age..its the fact that they have no chemistry and that they blew a great coupling like Chick for Chan.
ITA. Age is not the problem for me. I could probably stand Chan if they didn't rush it. The fact that Doug/Julie were comparing them to Bope was rather annoying as well. This is one of my biggest problems with Dena. She rushes these couples (Chan & Phorgan).
I agree. Not only was it rushed but the starting of their romance was nothing but fantasizing, obsessing, and making out. It was based far too much on lust IMO.

I don't think it's far to compare Chan and Phorgan. I still don't get the argument of Phorgan being rushed. I've yet to see a good argument for it. Chan was making out within a month. Phorgan interacted for 3 months before they had a kiss, brought on by a vulnerable moment. After the kiss, we got nothing but interaction and him comforting her. Then, he saved her and got shot. They grew close and admitted something special was going on between them and now they have issues because she learned about Philip's involvement with Paul. If anything, things moved at a snail's pace when you consider how most soaps handle romances nowadays. Phorgan haven't even really fully left the station yet. I just don't get the rushed argument at all for them. :shrug: .

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Why not save Nick and Daniel both a whole lot of grief by scrapping the Chelsea character altogether? The backburner (and the unemployment line) is exactly where Rachel Melvin belongs.
Edited by KristianFanForever, Aug 26 2008, 08:27 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply