Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Daniel & Kate's affair exposed
Topic Started: Aug 21 2008, 07:49 AM (4,367 Views)
Mason

KristianFanForever
Aug 26 2008, 08:25 AM
The backburner (and the unemployment line) is exactly where Rachel Melvin belongs.
:eyeroll:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

pagraves
Member Avatar

One big problem with Chelsea and Daniel is that SC has tons more chemistry with Lauren than with Rachel. When Daniel and Kate are in scenes together, I'm riveted. The sexual tension crackles. With Daniel and Chelsea? I don't feel anything but a queasy sense that there's something really wrong, even toxic, between them.

So how are we supposed to root for Chan to get past the thing with Kate when Daniel and Kate are so much more interesting together?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Charmqn
Member Avatar

pagraves
Aug 26 2008, 12:51 PM
One big problem with Chelsea and Daniel is that SC has tons more chemistry with Lauren than with Rachel. When Daniel and Kate are in scenes together, I'm riveted. The sexual tension crackles. With Daniel and Chelsea? I don't feel anything but a queasy sense that there's something really wrong, even toxic, between them.

So how are we supposed to root for Chan to get past the thing with Kate when Daniel and Kate are so much more interesting together?
Thank you :wave:

Mason

I don't even think Daniel's interesting with Kate. There might have been potential there at one point, but the whole Chan pairing has soured me on Daniel altogether. IMO, it's high time for the show to cut its losses with him.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Rachel Melvin is very talented. She was one of the best newcomers in a long time. However her current storyline is just plain crap. We had this with Nick and her father, and now the same scenario with her grandmother and the doc.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Jinxie
Aug 26 2008, 08:04 PM
Rachel Melvin is very talented. She was one of the best newcomers in a long time. However her current storyline is just plain crap. We had this with Nick and her father, and now the same scenario with her grandmother and the doc.
Um, do you mean Nick and her mother?

Cause if it were Nick and Bo....that would be a different kind of story.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

lol Tripp! Yes, Nick and her mother is what I meant. Sorry I was watching tv and typing at the same time

Ellie

Jinxie
I completely agree. I wish they'd put her into a well-written storyline. I think her talent is being wasted on things like this.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Jinxie
Rachel Melvin is very talented. She was one of the best newcomers in a long time.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, whatever.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Aug 26 2008, 10:07 AM
KristianFanForever
Aug 26 2008, 08:25 AM
The backburner (and the unemployment line) is exactly where Rachel Melvin belongs.
:eyeroll:
Yeah, Mason, my reaction, too. I've been on this board too long. I'm starting to think like you! :D :smooch:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

HorseAngels
Aug 24 2008, 07:21 PM
I am also an average viewer - an average viewer who also dated a man much older than myslef. Had it not been for fate in the form of an auto accident, that much older man would've been my husband and I am delighted to see this kind of romance brought back to Days in the pariing of Daniel and Chelsea. I love watching them and I have many friends and neighbors who also find them to be a refreshing change in that they fell in love with each genuinely and over time, like a true romance always goes. I am a mature adult, 52 years of age, and I think this couple is fabulous. I have taken to suporting them in any way I can and I will continue to do so.

I applaud Dena Higley for having the courage to write this story and stand firm insupport of it and I also applaud Ken Corday for having the gumption and old-fahsioend nerve ro air it. Bravo to both of them.

:hail: :hail: :hail: :wave: :wave: :smooch: :smooch: :smooch: :makeout: :makeout: :wub2: :sweet: :sweet: :sweet: :sweet: :sweet: :sweet: :sweet: :sweet: :sweet: :sweet: :sweet:
See, this is what bothers me about "the average viewer who loves Chan" who reads boards. So many automatically ASSUME it's the age thing that's got the so-called "haters" DOTW panties in a knot. My husband is nearly 10 years older than I am. I can't stand Chan. I've read posts from others with older spouses who do NOT like Chan.
If you read some of these posts here and elsewhere, people are talking about the maturity issues, the issue of Dan being relegated to SuperDoc right off the back, the sporatic writing, the almost anvil-like bonging on the head...........
For the OPPOSITE reasons you're thinking, I wish folks would get off this damn age thing. It's NOT all about the age. It's the whole mish-mash changing of the writing and attitude and direction to make us "love" this couple and more signs of the folks in charge not knowing which end their rear is facing.
For example, I think Nicole is hot with Victor and is hot with Trent. (If Trent only had a different personality). It's because of Ari Zucker AND the fact that Nicole is more worldly than Chelsea is. It just works better. Chelsea still reminds me of a teen with a crush playing girlfriend/boyfriend. I don't care if she is turning into super therapist. (She must be getting her degree from the same place Lexie got her medical degree.....Zipthrough University).
Edited by ladyofthelake, Aug 27 2008, 06:02 AM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Aug 25 2008, 12:45 AM
I think Rachel is pushing for this for a few reasons. I do think Blake and her have some sort of tension between them. If that is the case, I wish she would just try to work through it. Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso did not get along for a long time and just look at them now.

I think another reason is because, like any young woman her age, she enjoys working with a guy as good looking as SC. SC is a well-known, popular actor and I think Rachel sees this as a chance to have Chelsea have this fairy-tale, star-crossed romance that falls in line with the likes of Bo and Hope and Doug and Julie (not even close but I think that is her thinking). I'm not saying Rachel is immature or some diluted young woman who wants to live out her own fantasies through the show but I do think she enjoys this more and sees more potential here.

I do hope Chan is over. Sorry for those who like them but I think they messed up any potential they could've had. I gave them a chance in the beginning. I saw some chemistry and potential but they just botched it. It was too rushed and poorly developed.
When folks compare Chelsea and Dan to Doug and Julie, I want to laugh. (NOT at you, Tim. I see where you're coming from). There's no comparison, chemistry-wise or character-wise. Julie was young, yes, but she'd already been around the block a time or two. She already had a child. Yes, she was rebellious and had immature moments, but didn't show the blatant signs of immaturity Chelsea does. When Julie was immature, it seemed like an ADULT immature. Does that make sense? I can't find the right words to describe what I mean. Julie made a ton of mistakes, but her character was much more intriguing.
More to the point, Doug did end up marrying Addie and did love her. It was only Addie's tragic death that brought an end to things. THAT was a good triangle.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

KristianFanForever
Aug 27 2008, 02:24 AM
Jinxie
Rachel Melvin is very talented. She was one of the best newcomers in a long time.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, whatever.
I do think you're getting your animosity towards Chelsea mixed up with the fact that Rachel Melvin is a real-life person. They ARE two different entities, you know. :huh:

proshutterbug
Member Avatar

I can understand people not liking the couple I like..and I even support different views of couples and think that soaps try to have couples that generate interest both for and against them..Like Daniel and Chelsea and Sami and Lucas and EJ. It keeps things interesting and keeps viewers invested. The fact that some people hate Chelsea doesn't bother me...but look...if you hate a character so much that you take the time to post how much you hate the character...that means that the actor or actress is doing something right. They have given life to words on a page to the point that you have an opinion about that character. It is when you don't care one way or the other about what happens to them that is bad. Don't blame actors or actresses for the way their characters are written..that isn't their job..their job is to give emotions to those words...and love Chelsea or hate her...Rachel Melvin is very good at doing just that. If you don't believe me..just look at how many people care about Daniel and Chelsea..either for or against them...that is a sign that no matter which side you are on Rachel is doing a wonderful job or well you just wouldn't care enough to even post a comment.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

proshutterbug
Aug 27 2008, 07:16 AM
I can understand people not liking the couple I like..and I even support different views of couples and think that soaps try to have couples that generate interest both for and against them..Like Daniel and Chelsea and Sami and Lucas and EJ. It keeps things interesting and keeps viewers invested. The fact that some people hate Chelsea doesn't bother me...but look...if you hate a character so much that you take the time to post how much you hate the character...that means that the actor or actress is doing something right. They have given life to words on a page to the point that you have an opinion about that character. It is when you don't care one way or the other about what happens to them that is bad. Don't blame actors or actresses for the way their characters are written..that isn't their job..their job is to give emotions to those words...and love Chelsea or hate her...Rachel Melvin is very good at doing just that. If you don't believe me..just look at how many people care about Daniel and Chelsea..either for or against them...that is a sign that no matter which side you are on Rachel is doing a wonderful job or well you just wouldn't care enough to even post a comment.
What I see is how many people prefer Daniel with Kate than Chelsea, and they have not been the featured couple for 5 months now.

of course, some were turned off by Dan and Kate hooking up while he's been interested in her granddaughter, but that means those same people aren't gonna support Chan either.

It's time to call them quits (Chan I mean). And after yesterday's scenes with Date basically hug fucking, I'd say LK and SC are all for it too.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Tripp
Aug 26 2008, 09:01 PM
Jinxie
Um, do you mean Nick and her mother?

Cause if it were Nick and Bo....that would be a different kind of story.
Somehow I think alot of fans would like that. I could just see Chelsea & Hope walking in. :drunk:

Kyrai

pagraves
Aug 26 2008, 12:51 PM

Exactly. I didn't think I could like Dan and Kate because I thought of him as such a sleaze after Chelsea. But I have to admit I've started to like Dan and Kate's chemistry.

I still think Dr. D is a sleaze, but I can stand to watch his scenes now. He seems to be growing on me.

HorseAngels

This is the "average viewere" again and ever since the beginning of time, the acqusition of maturity has been credited to the passage of time or, in simpler terms to understand, the accummulation of age. I see no deficit in maturity of Daniel or Chelsea and frankly I think it's just an excuse when people can't think of anything else to find wrong with them. There is nothing the matter with the love this couple has allowing Daniel to aid in the maturing of a younger woman or anything wrong with that love allowing Chelsea to keep Daniel young at heart.

As for the "imminent demise" of Danesa this week, one has to have the "maturity" to figuer out that things are not always what they seem. There are an awufl lot of ways to win, not the least of which is to appear to lose.

:wave: :wave: :makeout: :makeout: :cheers: :cheers: :run: :run:

pagraves
Member Avatar

HorseAngels
Aug 27 2008, 06:12 PM
This is the "average viewere" again and ever since the beginning of time, the acqusition of maturity has been credited to the passage of time or, in simpler terms to understand, the accummulation of age. I see no deficit in maturity of Daniel or Chelsea and frankly I think it's just an excuse when people can't think of anything else to find wrong with them. There is nothing the matter with the love this couple has allowing Daniel to aid in the maturing of a younger woman or anything wrong with that love allowing Chelsea to keep Daniel young at heart.

As for the "imminent demise" of Danesa this week, one has to have the "maturity" to figuer out that things are not always what they seem. There are an awufl lot of ways to win, not the least of which is to appear to lose.

Thank you so much for putting it in simple terms for me. I don't know how I otherwise could have realized that my stated reasons for disliking Chan were simply an excuse on my part because I can't come up with a better excuse for not liking Chelsea and Daniel. I guess I should now go delete those many posts where I outlined in detail my problems with the pairing, almost none of which had anything to do with their disparate accumulation of age or the maturity deficit between them.

Be back in a bit.
Edited by pagraves, Aug 27 2008, 08:59 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

HorseAngels
Aug 27 2008, 06:12 PM

Wow, this is an interesting dissertation. Sorry, but I disagree. I feel there is more of a deficit of chemistry between Chelsea and Dan than there is national debt. Definitely a deficit of maturity in both of them.
But, thanks for the psychological examination of maturity of board posters whom you have never met.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Aug 27 2008, 10:05 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply