Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Daniel & Kate's affair exposed
Topic Started: Aug 21 2008, 07:49 AM (4,569 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

pagraves
Aug 27 2008, 08:56 PM
HorseAngels
Aug 27 2008, 06:12 PM
This is the "average viewere" again and ever since the beginning of time, the acqusition of maturity has been credited to the passage of time or, in simpler terms to understand, the accummulation of age. I see no deficit in maturity of Daniel or Chelsea and frankly I think it's just an excuse when people can't think of anything else to find wrong with them. There is nothing the matter with the love this couple has allowing Daniel to aid in the maturing of a younger woman or anything wrong with that love allowing Chelsea to keep Daniel young at heart.

As for the "imminent demise" of Danesa this week, one has to have the "maturity" to figuer out that things are not always what they seem. There are an awufl lot of ways to win, not the least of which is to appear to lose.

:wave: :wave: :makeout: :makeout: :cheers: :cheers: :run: :run:
Thank you so much for putting it in simple terms for me. I don't know how I otherwise could have realized that my stated reasons for disliking Chan were simply an excuse on my part because I can't come up with a better excuse for not liking Chelsea and Daniel. I guess I should now go delete those many posts where I outlined in detail my problems with the pairing, almost none of which had anything to do with their disparate accumulation of age or the maturity deficit between them.

Be back in a bit.
I love you, girlfriend! :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jiggs
Member Avatar

I can't fast forward fast enough past this storyline.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Jiggs
Aug 28 2008, 04:24 PM
I can't fast forward fast enough past this storyline.
Heavens to Betsy, Jiggs, pigs DO fly!!! I agree with you. :P

soapfan
Member Avatar

I am surprised that their affair was revealed like this. I thought that the writers would have dragged it out longer than that. I wonder if Chelsea will go after Nick again.

Mason
Member Avatar

soapfan
Aug 28 2008, 07:17 PM
I am surprised that their affair was revealed like this. I thought that the writers would have dragged it out longer than that. I wonder if Chelsea will go after Nick again.
I kinda hope she does, just so we'll have the immense pleasure of watching Nick turning her down cold.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

The reveal just sucked, I love Rachel Melvin but I wanted more out of her. I wanted to see Chelsea slap the shit outta Kate right away because she at first didn't know it was before her and Daniel got together. The execution of this reveal has been pitiful if you ask me.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kirk
Aug 28 2008, 08:13 PM
The execution of this reveal has been pitiful if you ask me.
I expected as much. Up til now, the story has sucked ass. I didn't figure this would be any different.

Jamie*C*
Member Avatar

I can't believe they had nothing more imaginative to write than this recycled junk. Almost as if they were pouring over last year's s/l's for inspiration and started drinking about the time they got to the Billie/Nick s/l. Ugh. It wasn't interesting back then, and it certainly isn't now.

kpuma

Daniel and Chelsea belong together. I don't think I have to say anything more than that. But there are interesting points on both sides. It's going to be a long month or two for everyone.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kirk
The reveal just sucked, I love Rachel Melvin but I wanted more out of her. I wanted to see Chelsea slap the shit outta Kate right away because she at first didn't know it was before her and Daniel got together. The execution of this reveal has been pitiful if you ask me.
I think you hit the nail right on the head as to why it did suck and that is RM.

We know she hates Chan ending and that she probably saw it coming so I tend to think she's phoning it on, much like last summer with TTS.

I'm just glad it's over with Chan. Now I can actually say I'm enjoying most of the show LOL.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

PhoenixRising05
Aug 29 2008, 01:58 AM
Kirk
I think you hit the nail right on the head as to why it did suck and that is RM.

We know she hates Chan ending and that she probably saw it coming so I tend to think she's phoning it on, much like last summer with TTS.

I'm just glad it's over with Chan. Now I can actually say I'm enjoying most of the show LOL.
The only time I ever thought RM was phoning it in was when she was opposite Marcus Patrick (I still shudder at the God awful "dock scenes" we had that lasted for days). I really couldn't blame her on that because...well the guy just seemed incrediably creepy to me.

Now I am wondering what is up with her. I've seen today's show already and it's weird her reaction (she does a silent thing at the end which is pretty good). I'm not sure if they are trying to play up maybe Chelsea just feels numb at this point or what. I could buy that from other characters but we've seen Chelsea react in such situations before, so it makes no sense for her to be taking it so well. If anything you'd think she'd be even more upset then last time since she her feelings for Daniel are further then they were then for Nick when the Nilliesex revealed. Especially since we know RM was nominated for an emmy for similar scenes and they would jump at the chance to let her repeat her performance to add to the awesome work she did on the pancreas story.

One thing that disappoints me on RM isn't that she is sad to see Chan end. It's that she seems fine that Chelsea was written so piss poorly. I'm sure the idea of moving up to more mature storylines appealed to her, but it shouldn't have come at the cost of what made her character so endearing and now many have been turned off to Chelsea.

I also wonder if she is just outright insulted that viewers clearly preferred Daniel with a woman who is supposed to be a grandmother on the show over her. I do think she had every right to get pissed at the guy at the bank (whom she blogged about) but I do find it pretty coincidental that many fans always pick on her thinness.
Edited by Tripp, Aug 29 2008, 10:25 AM.

Kyrai

ladyofthelake
Aug 27 2008, 10:04 PM
HorseAngels
Aug 27 2008, 06:12 PM
This is the "average viewere" again and ever since the beginning of time, the acqusition of maturity has been credited to the passage of time or, in simpler terms to understand, the accummulation of age. I see no deficit in maturity of Daniel or Chelsea and frankly I think it's just an excuse when people can't think of anything else to find wrong with them. There is nothing the matter with the love this couple has allowing Daniel to aid in the maturing of a younger woman or anything wrong with that love allowing Chelsea to keep Daniel young at heart.

As for the "imminent demise" of Danesa this week, one has to have the "maturity" to figuer out that things are not always what they seem. There are an awufl lot of ways to win, not the least of which is to appear to lose.

:wave: :wave: :makeout: :makeout: :cheers: :cheers: :run: :run:
Wow, this is an interesting dissertation. Sorry, but I disagree. I feel there is more of a deficit of chemistry between Chelsea and Dan than there is national debt. Definitely a deficit of maturity in both of them.
But, thanks for the psychological examination of maturity of board posters whom you have never met.
LOL! Thank you so much! You said what I was thinking much better than I could.

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

proshutterbug
Aug 24 2008, 07:14 PM
as an average viewer I happen to love Daniel and Chelsea and so do many of my friends...more and more people are telling me every day how much they love this couple....just because you don't like them doesn't mean everyone doesn't....I love them and will continue to support them every chance I get.
I don't see anything wrong with a Chan pairing.God knows there have been worse pairings,like rapist EJ and Sami,and Todd Manning and any woman hes been with on OLTL. I respect the Chan fan base,unlike a few on this thread who demonstrated a lack of class by making fun of them :soapbox:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply