Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Days Fall Previews
Topic Started: Aug 21 2008, 08:08 AM (7,478 Views)
Tammy
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting ;)

Quote:

Bo/Hope/Roman:
"Though the Hollingsworth case will finally be wrapped up, the Salem PD will be dealing with repercussions from the hospital lock down. There will be a major shake up in the ranks, and inevitably, it will leave Bo and Hope on uneven ground at home. It will be a true test for their relationship."

WHAT??? I am SHOCKED!!! Bo doesn't get FIRED :huh:

Quote:

Stefano/Tony/EJ/John/Anna/Marlena:
"Stefano will once again allude the long arm of the law, thanks to an alliance with an unexpected person. The DiMera men will all be caught up in a power struggle over the family empire. Marlena will continue to wrestle with her feelings for John, made even more complicated when he starts exhibiting erratic behavior."

Again I am SHOCKED that Stefano nor Marlena will be punished for what they did :huh: . However, anything involving these people I will WILLINGLY watch lol. And Oh my gosh, John starts exhibiting errattic behavior? What does he do, comb his hair? I really wish they would create a middle ground for John... he is always one extreme or the other.

Quote:

Steve/Kayla:
"A suspicious Steve will begin investigating Trent, leading him, Bo and Hope, to uncover a secret that will have a big impact on key Salemites. Kayla, meanwhile, will take on John as a patient after he starts experiencing new side effects from his treatment at the hands of Stefano and Rolf."

I like the fact that Kayla will be treating John. I always loved Kayla and John in scenes together. And I'm sorry but these people need to give Steve a paying job of some kind lol.

Quote:

Sami/EJ/Nicole/Lucas/Chloe/Philip/Morgan:
"The war between Sami and Lucas escalates, and Sami is not going to be pleased by the end result. She'll turn to EJ for support, but he's not quite ready to give up on Nicole yet. Nicole's livelihood will be threatened when certain skeletons in her closet are revealed. Lucas and Chloe's relationship will continue to blossom, but a romantic getaway will be cut short by a very unwelcome visitor. Morgan will find it harder and harder to fight her feelings for Philip."

GAG ME!

Quote:

Abe/Lexie/Theo:
"Theo's care will be Abe and Lexie's primary focus, and Lexie, in particular, will make life changing decisions to do what is best for her son. Abe will also become consumed by his hatred of Stefano, and will take surprising steps in an effort to put an end to his reign of terror."

Sadly the most interesting part of this IMO is the part about Abe's hatred of Stefano, and Abe's efforts to put an end to his reign of terror.

Quote:

Max/Stephanie/Melanie/Nick/Chelsea/Trent:
"A heart broken Chelsea will flee to France to be with her friends, but she is not pleased to witness Nick and Melanie's new bond. Trent's shady past is going to catch up to him, and in a desperate attempt to save himself, he will put Max and Melanie's lives in danger."

GAG ME... again lol.

Quote:

Chelsea/Daniel/Kate:
"Kate and Daniel will be dealing with the fallout of their confession to Chelsea about their affair, as she seems to have no intention of forgiving them. In the midst of that, Kate will get devastating news."

GAG ME... to the EXTREME! It better not be a kid. Between her children and granchildren, Kate has a baseball team I doubt she needs anymore lol.

So I would say that between the things that interest me, and the things that are gag worthy, I have a 50/50 shot of enjoying this stuff lmao!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ponz
Member Avatar

jane1978
Aug 21 2008, 08:47 AM
Kenny
Aug 21 2008, 08:30 AM
jane1978
Aug 21 2008, 08:25 AM
Wow, we have a preview! And a decent preview to top that. Another sign the situation behind the scene is finally normalizing.

Wow, you really think so?

Ed Scott was just fired less than a week ago. We likely won't see much of Gary Tomlin's influence until later in the fall, which means that we're probably going to be stuck in yet another weird transitional phase where the actors are uncertain, the stories are uneven and the fans are left baffled.
I donīt think so. Dena and her team still wrote the scripts, they just werenīt produced. The first thing theyīve had to do after the scandal exploded is to toss all the Edīs scripts away and return to the originals which still existed. This are based on the originals. Note itīs not Ed Scott doing the preview, but NBCīs head of daytime. They already knew Ed is a goner.
It's not as simple as that. If Ed has been influencing actual story direction (a claim I remain sceptical about), they would also have to return to Dena's original outlines and breakdowns. That process would take several weeks to be reflected in the scripts. It's not like they can use "Ed's scripts" on Monday and "Dena's scripts" on Tuesday. There's always a transitional phase when shifting from one writer or producer's vision to another.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I thought Kate can't carry a baby to term. Hence why Vivian carried Philip. Of course Dena doesn't care about history.

I really hope Abe's plans to bring down Stefano causes some problems for his marriage. I'd love to see Lexie become close with Stefano again.

Mason
Member Avatar

Here's what I have to say in response to these previews.

Blah.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Ponz
Aug 21 2008, 09:25 AM
jane1978
Kenny
jane1978
Wow, we have a preview! And a decent preview to top that. Another sign the situation behind the scene is finally normalizing.

Ed Scott was just fired less than a week ago. We likely won't see much of Gary Tomlin's influence until later in the fall, which means that we're probably going to be stuck in yet another weird transitional phase where the actors are uncertain, the stories are uneven and the fans are left baffled.
I donīt think so. Dena and her team still wrote the scripts, they just werenīt produced. The first thing theyīve had to do after the scandal exploded is to toss all the Edīs scripts away and return to the originals which still existed. This are based on the originals. Note itīs not Ed Scott doing the preview, but NBCīs head of daytime. They already knew Ed is a goner.
It's not as simple as that. If Ed has been influencing actual story direction (a claim I remain sceptical about), they would also have to return to Dena's original outlines and breakdowns. That process would take several weeks to be reflected in the scripts. It's not like they can use "Ed's scripts" on Monday and "Dena's scripts" on Tuesday. There's always a transitional phase when shifting from one writer or producer's vision to another.
The scripts would not have to be altered all that much to have an affect on future storylines ....

For example and this is only an example ...

Ali announces she is pregnant - Ed and this actress decide to change the script to leave open the door for Ali's character (Sami) to also be pregnant also... subtle changes are made to the script to allow this to be written in, at least opening the door to the possibility storyline wise ... Dena is upset because these subtle chances actually create a huge head ache for where she wants things to go... Ed doesn't think it will cause problems and allows the actress to make those script changes ....

Again this is only an example...

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Mason
Aug 21 2008, 09:38 AM
Here's what I have to say in response to these previews.

Blah.
Ditto...Double Blaaaah

Shylock

"an alliance with an unexpected person"

Roman.

Ponz
Member Avatar

cjknick
Aug 21 2008, 09:48 AM
Ponz
jane1978
Kenny
jane1978

The scripts would not have to be altered all that much to have an affect on future storylines ....

Ali announces she is pregnant - Ed and this actress decide to change the script to leave open the door for Ali's character (Sami) to also be pregnant also... subtle changes are made to the script to allow this to be written in, at least opening the door to the possibility storyline wise ... Dena is upset because these subtle chances actually create a huge head ache for where she wants things to go... Ed doesn't think it will cause problems and allows the actress to make those script changes ....

Ah, but one could also write in a blood test for the character, have said blood test show no evidence of a pregnancy and thereby tie the headwriter's hands with respect to that story direction. For example. :wink:

FanODays

cjknick
Ponz
jane1978
Kenny
jane1978

I know that many EJami fans want Sami to be pregnant but after what happened with Katy Segal, I don't think any show is going to have both the character and the actress pregnant at the same time.

In case you've forgotten, Married with Children made Peg Bundy pregnant when Katy Segal got pregnant and then Katy lost her baby, in very tragic way if I remember right. The show then pulled a Dallas and had it all be a dream out of respect for the pain the actress was experiencing.

Days4Life

Shylock
Aug 21 2008, 10:05 AM

Roman.
I hope so! I've been wanting a storyline for years that exposes Roman as a secret plant for the Dimeras.

cjknick
Member Avatar

FanODays
Aug 21 2008, 10:18 AM
cjknick
Ponz
jane1978
Kenny
jane1978

I know that many EJami fans want Sami to be pregnant but after what happened with Katy Segal, I don't think any show is going to have both the character and the actress pregnant at the same time.

In case you've forgotten, Married with Children made Peg Bundy pregnant when Katy Segal got pregnant and then Katy lost her baby, in very tragic way if I remember right. The show then pulled a Dallas and had it all be a dream out of respect for the pain the actress was experiencing.
Actually I was only presenting an example but many of you are correct ... It just highlights what kind of headaches can occur when scripts are messed with!

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

Not hard to figure out Kate's "devastating news".Shes pregnant.Becuz poor Chelsea can't have a baby.Bet she winds up adopting it

Kenny
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Aug 21 2008, 10:28 AM
Shylock

Roman.
I hope so! I've been wanting a storyline for years that exposes Roman as a secret plant for the Dimeras.
That would be great, as long as this is not the "real" Roman and he's been helping the DiMeras unbeknownst to everyone else for all these years. Otherwise, it's a total character ruination as Roman would never, ever, under any circumstance, go out of his way to help Stefano.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

Ponz
jane1978
Kenny
jane1978

I agree, normally itīs like that. But from I understood, there were two writing teams. One Denaīs still working as usual, and next Edīs. And in that case they donīt need to wait and/or transition, itīs only a matter of what script/outline is put into a production.

Besides Iīm sceptic too, I realy donīt think Ed had something like a real story outlines. If the stuff we see now is his itīs clear it was more about pleasing the fanbases than some real longterm story. It seems he was more proJarlena and pro EJami than Dena is.

Days4Life

Kenny
Aug 21 2008, 10:40 AM
Days4Life
Aug 21 2008, 10:28 AM
Shylock

Roman.
That would be great, as long as this is not the "real" Roman and he's been helping the DiMeras unbeknownst to everyone else for all these years. Otherwise, it's a total character ruination as Roman would never, ever, under any circumstance, go out of his way to help Stefano.
In the story I've been carrying around in my head, the "real" Roman is still Stefano's captive and the one running around Salem is a plant. It could also have worked to have the "real" Roman programmed by Stefano, basically making him a different person, except they are doing that story with John. And we all know DAYS would never recycle a storyline. ;)

I think these fall storylines just sound like a continuation of Dena's stuff from the summer, some of which may have been slightly sidetracked because of Ed Scott's influence. The last couple weeks definitely felt like they were moving away from EJ/Nicole; now it's back on again. I felt like we were getting hints of Philip/Nicole for a couple days, but that probably is off the table now. I think Ed's influence was mainly felt for the Olympic stories; it doesn't seem he had the time to change the overall story a great deal.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Quote:

Bo/Hope/Roman:
"Though the Hollingsworth case will finally be wrapped up, the Salem PD will be dealing with repercussions from the hospital lock down. There will be a major shake up in the ranks, and inevitably, it will leave Bo and Hope on uneven ground at home. It will be a true test for their relationship."

Interesting. I tend to think this ties in with the Abe spoiler. I wonder if Bo gets demoted and Abe loses his job as a result of what he does, leaving Roman all on his own. I don't think this will be a "two day story" at all. Hell, maybe Bo even gets promoted and Bo and Hope have to deal with him not being around or him not talking to her about cases like he used to or something. Good complications there. Glad the Paul stuff is over. I liked it but it was time and how nice to see Roman mentioned in he previews. Not big on him but I'm a sucker for seeing so many characters in previews LOL.

Quote:

Stefano/Tony/EJ/John/Anna/Marlena:
"Stefano will once again allude the long arm of the law, thanks to an alliance with an unexpected person. The DiMera men will all be caught up in a power struggle over the family empire. Marlena will continue to wrestle with her feelings for John, made even more complicated when he starts exhibiting erratic behavior."

I don't mind Marlena wrestling with her feelings because now she is trying to move on and it's clear that John's erratic behavior will be driven by pursuing her and by all the threats to him heading the empire. He may be losing all the power that he enjoyed so I can see how all this connects. As for Stefano's shocking ally, I bet it's Victor as that Stefano/Victor scene takes place the same week Stefano is arrested. Stefano and Victor had an agreement before John fucked with it so I suspect Victor will help Stefano evade the law so he can rid John of the empire, with the condition that he not hurt his family. Of course, we know Stefano will go back on that but I think this will be something like that. Glad to see Tony and EJ involved too.

Steve/Kayla:
"A suspicious Steve will begin investigating Trent, leading him, Bo and Hope, to uncover a secret that will have a big impact on key Salemites. Kayla, meanwhile, will take on John as a patient after he starts experiencing new side effects from his treatment at the hands of Stefano and Rolf."

I like that Bo and Hope are involved here too. I enjoy stories intersecting. Glad Steve is doing some detective work again. Wonder what the secret is. Maybe he discovers Nicole and Trent's secret perhaps. The idea of John as Kayla's patient is a good one. I enjoyed their scenes last week and I like that, again, stories are intersecting and Steve and Kayla are at least involved.

Sami/EJ/Nicole/Lucas/Chloe/Philip/Morgan:
"The war between Sami and Lucas escalates, and Sami is not going to be pleased by the end result. She'll turn to EJ for support, but he's not quite ready to give up on Nicole yet. Nicole's livelihood will be threatened when certain skeletons in her closet are revealed. Lucas and Chloe's relationship will continue to blossom, but a romantic getaway will be cut short by a very unwelcome visitor. Morgan will find it harder and harder to fight her feelings for Philip."

Already commented on this so moving on....

Quote:

Abe/Lexie/Theo:
"Theo's care will be Abe and Lexie's primary focus, and Lexie, in particular, will make life changing decisions to do what is best for her son. Abe will also become consumed by his hatred of Stefano, and will take surprising steps in an effort to put an end to his reign of terror."

The autism story is already a failure for me despite a few good scenes so I was so happy to see that Abe spoiler there because that has me interested. Lots of potential there. Abe finally just loses it and goes against his morals to stop Stefano, which may cost him his job. Perhaps that causes problems with Lexie, who gets close to Stefano again. I also am intrigued by what changes Lexie makes. Not too bad here.

Max/Stephanie/Melanie/Nick/Chelsea/Trent:
"A heart broken Chelsea will flee to France to be with her friends, but she is not pleased to witness Nick and Melanie's new bond. Trent's shady past is going to catch up to him, and in a desperate attempt to save himself, he will put Max and Melanie's lives in danger."

Wow...color me shocked that Chelsea takes off. That tells me Chan may be over, especially seeing as how she isn't happy about Nick/Melanie. I'm glad Chelsea is involved with this crew again. The Trent stuff sounds interesting. Sounds like his dramatic finish may be previewed here. Sounds good. I always like climaxes like that where the villain tries to take family members down with him LOL. I'm actually surprised by how good this sounds.

Chelsea/Daniel/Kate:
"Kate and Daniel will be dealing with the fallout of their confession to Chelsea about their affair, as she seems to have no intention of forgiving them. In the midst of that, Kate will get devastating news."

If Kate is pregnant, that would piss me off. Somehow I don't think that is the case. It sounds like something else. I do like that Chelsea doesn't forgive them. Hopefully, Chan is over.

All in all, this is the first preview in eons where most of the main cast is involved in spoilers. That is a very good thing and, as I've said, these spoilers for any show can hardly be a judge of what we will see. They are always vague and, as we all know, most are not very long-term previews because things can change and shows don't want to put too much out there to quickly. I, personally, think they are a waste because these sort of previews practically scream for people to bash them because there isn't a whole lot being given out. I did like what I'm seeing here so I'm with jane in thinking this is an interesting preview. It doesn't look like one story will dominate. Everything seems balanced and there is movement along with some stories ending. To each their own I guess. I won't even get into who wrote what or whatever. Just want to see the stories unfold.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 21 2008, 10:59 AM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Guys how can Kate be pregnant? She was in the hospital with her medical problems AFTER she and Dan slept together and I know Salem U is incompetent but surely the first thing they do when a woman has problems in her ovaries is check for a pregnancy.

And I'm frankly fine with the spoilers. I'm sorry but it sounds like the end of Chan the way they are worried and I can take almost anything if I don't have to see them. (I especially like Chelsea eating her heart out at Nick and Melanie, I just hope we're not going into another insta love relationship with "Mick").

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Tripp
Aug 21 2008, 11:04 AM
Guys how can Kate be pregnant? She was in the hospital with her medical problems AFTER she and Dan slept together and I know Salem U is incompetent but surely the first thing they do when a woman has problems in her ovaries is check for a pregnancy.

And I'm frankly fine with the spoilers. I'm sorry but it sounds like the end of Chan the way they are worried and I can take almost anything if I don't have to see them. (I especially like Chelsea eating her heart out at Nick and Melanie, I just hope we're not going into another insta love relationship with "Mick").
That is a good point. I forget that. I did get the feeling anyway this wasn't about a pregnancy. I bet it's about one of her sons or something. We'll see. Now I'm actually intrigued LOL>

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I'm intrigued too because I really feel like it's not having to do with anything with her children or we should have seen something that corresponded with Philip or Lucas's info. Maybe something new medically will pop up (which will leave her to continue being exposed to Dan). Does anyone remember that condition and know if it can lead to something more serious?

I really would love for LK to have a good story. She might be the unwelcome visitor with Lucas and Chloe. If LK got bad news medically speaking and Chelsea isn't speaking to her (and out of the country anyway) she might turn to her favorite son to lean on.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Thanks for sharing. :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply