Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Days Fall Previews
Topic Started: Aug 21 2008, 08:08 AM (7,428 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar

Even before Kate's hospital problems she wasn't able to carry a child.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Charmqn
Member Avatar

I am going to love seeing Chelsea's expression when she sees that Nick has finally moved on and forming a bond with another girl.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FanODays

PhoenixRising05
Aug 21 2008, 11:13 AM
Tripp
Aug 21 2008, 11:04 AM
Guys how can Kate be pregnant? She was in the hospital with her medical problems AFTER she and Dan slept together and I know Salem U is incompetent but surely the first thing they do when a woman has problems in her ovaries is check for a pregnancy.

And I'm frankly fine with the spoilers. I'm sorry but it sounds like the end of Chan the way they are worried and I can take almost anything if I don't have to see them. (I especially like Chelsea eating her heart out at Nick and Melanie, I just hope we're not going into another insta love relationship with "Mick").
That is a good point. I forget that. I did get the feeling anyway this wasn't about a pregnancy. I bet it's about one of her sons or something. We'll see. Now I'm actually intrigued LOL>
I think the news that Kate receives will be that Lucas and Chloe are going to the Horton cabin together.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Why am I thinking that the shake up and resulting conflict for Bo & Hope is that Bo gets demoted and Hope gets promoted *over* him, making her his superior? Bo's always had that male pride thing going on. Having Hope be his boss (especially if she were to make decisions he disagreed with and/or had to discipline him in some way at work) would definattely carry over into their home life, creating tension.

King
Member Avatar

OK, WTF is Bruce Evans doing giving these out!?? So random! I guess it means things at DAYS are a true mess right now.

I feel blah about this. Hopefully soon I will have a TV though. Haha.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Matt
Aug 21 2008, 12:43 PM
Why am I thinking that the shake up and resulting conflict for Bo & Hope is that Bo gets demoted and Hope gets promoted *over* him, making her his superior? Bo's always had that male pride thing going on. Having Hope be his boss (especially if she were to make decisions he disagreed with and/or had to discipline him in some way at work) would definattely carry over into their home life, creating tension.
I never even thought of that. That is BRILLIANT!!

I hope that happens. Good, character-driven story right there.

King
Member Avatar

That is good drama, but it's not DAYS-ish. Haha.

And I just feel like that could be wrapped up in like three weeks.

berlingirl
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting. Looks more like wet , lather, rinse and repeat. Wake me up when Days starts getting interesting again. Yuck

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

These actually sound pretty good. I hope Chan is over for good. Thanks Jonny!!

Mason
Member Avatar

berlingirl
Aug 21 2008, 12:52 PM
Thanks for posting. Looks more like wet , lather, rinse and repeat. Wake me up when Days starts getting interesting again. Yuck
In that case, you might be sleeping for a LOOONG time.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Aug 21 2008, 12:51 PM

What exactly is Days-ish anymore? :laugh:

The show has changed it's identity with every writer. Not only that but I think it's subjective. Different people want different things, which goes back to all the writing changes. Some enjoy certain styles more then others. I think many still long for the 80's and 90's and while elements of those eras need to be around to please fans, I do think the show needs to balance things with good drama and reality-based stories. There needs to be a mix of plot and character-driven elements. I get that sense here. Realistic stories like Bo/Hope balanced with all the stuff Stefano adds...it makes for a balanced show. That is what I like about these previews. There seems to be something for everyone. If you dislike one story, most should be able to find something of interest.

Having said that, I do think that it's a Days-like story because no matter who has been writing, one thing that has always been consistent is family. It's a family story. A relationship story. It doesn't have to be wrapped in 3 weeks. Hell, you can keep building the tension and build up it up into a huge issue. Higley LOVES Bo and Hope so I have no doubt she will at put alot of effort out into any story with them. That much can be assumed.

I think the best anyone can hope for is good stories and drama. The Bo and Hope stuff may turn out to be crap. In fact, if it were anyone else, it probably would be but Higley does seem to go all out for them so I think she will provide something at least decent for them here.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 21 2008, 01:14 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 21 2008, 01:12 PM
Higley LOVES Bo and Hope so I have no doubt she will at put alot of effort out into any story with them. That much can be assumed.

I think the best anyone can hope for is good stories and drama. The Bo and Hope stuff may turn out to be crap. In fact, if it were anyone else, it probably would be but Higley does seem to go all out for them so I think she will provide something at least decent for them here.
Like she did with the bounty hunters shit?

berlingirl
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 21 2008, 01:11 PM
berlingirl
Aug 21 2008, 12:52 PM
In that case, you might be sleeping for a LOOONG time.
I think you are right :tounge:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Aug 21 2008, 01:19 PM
PhoenixRising05
Higley LOVES Bo and Hope so I have no doubt she will at put alot of effort out into any story with them. That much can be assumed.

Like she did with the bounty hunters shit?
The story was good up until that point. If she just went the PI route, it would've worked. I'm convinced she went the goop and bounty hunter route because Days was still trying to be original and "out there" at that time.

She just seems to put more effort out there for Bo and Hope. I think Drew said it best once when he called Higley a Bo and Hope "homer.' It's her fave couple. It's pretty clear from her first stint and it's clear now. Even when she has nothing for them, she tries to use them often.

FanODays

PhoenixRising05
King
Aug 21 2008, 12:51 PM

What exactly is Days-ish anymore? :laugh:

The show has changed it's identity with every writer. Not only that but I think it's subjective. Different people want different things, which goes back to all the writing changes. Some enjoy certain styles more then others. I think many still long for the 80's and 90's and while elements of those eras need to be around to please fans, I do think the show needs to balance things with good drama and reality-based stories. There needs to be a mix of plot and character-driven elements. I get that sense here. Realistic stories like Bo/Hope balanced with all the stuff Stefano adds...it makes for a balanced show. That is what I like about these previews. There seems to be something for everyone. If you dislike one story, most should be able to find something of interest.

Having said that, I do think that it's a Days-like story because no matter who has been writing, one thing that has always been consistent is family. It's a family story. A relationship story. It doesn't have to be wrapped in 3 weeks. Hell, you can keep building the tension and build up it up into a huge issue. Higley LOVES Bo and Hope so I have no doubt she will at put alot of effort out into any story with them. That much can be assumed.

Assume nothing. Higley may love Bo and Hope but Higley is still the hack who had them chasing goop during her last reign of incompetence.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Aug 21 2008, 10:28 AM
Shylock
Aug 21 2008, 10:05 AM
"an alliance with an unexpected person"

Roman.
I hope so! I've been wanting a storyline for years that exposes Roman as a secret plant for the Dimeras.
That would be awesome!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Quote:

NBC senior Vice President of daytime and drama programming, Bruce Evans, gives a peek at what's ahead in Salem.

Why is Bruce Evans giving out the previews? That just makes me think that things over at DAYS are a complete mess and totally unstable. Higley's been head writer for months now and I think she's only given a few interviews about her stories. I'm actually glad Corday isn't the one giving out the previews. He always makes everything out to be something it's not and he always emphasizes what he shouldn't, like the younger set rather than the vets, who people actually want to see. And I'm not shocked Ed Scott didn't give preview. Perhaps he was going to, but then the whole scandal broke, and they scrapped his interview.

The only bright side to Evans giving out the previews is that it makes it look like NBC is still behind DAYS. That's good, I guess.

Quote:

Bo/Hope/Roman:
"Though the Hollingsworth case will finally be wrapped up, the Salem PD will be dealing with repercussions from the hospital lock down. There will be a major shake up in the ranks, and inevitably, it will leave Bo and Hope on uneven ground at home. It will be a true test for their relationship."

Hope is totally going to be promoted above Bo. I think that would be a great story for these two. It will show both sides of their individual characters. I could never in a million years see Bo taking orders from a woman, his wife especially. And I could see Hope wanting the resepect from Bo, and when he doesn't give that to her, it causes problems in their personal life, their marriage. Wonderful if this is the case. Probably not though. I wonder if Roman loses his job as well. It's so random and unusual to see Roman's name in the bold with the rest of the characters having story. He never has his own story. I like Roman, and I like Josh Taylor as Roman. I'm one of the minority, so I'm happy to see him involved.

Quote:

Stefano/Tony/EJ/John/Anna/Marlena:
"Stefano will once again allude the long arm of the law, thanks to an alliance with an unexpected person. The DiMera men will all be caught up in a power struggle over the family empire. Marlena will continue to wrestle with her feelings for John, made even more complicated when he starts exhibiting erratic behavior."

Stefano's unlikely alliance is Victor, I think. There's a spoiler for the first week of September, I think, that says that Victor meets with Stefano. Victor will probably use his power to get Stefano off the hook, and in return, Stefano takes back the dock intereference that John set up when he took over the DiMera empire. I love that Tony and EJ are involved with this and it seems like we're going to have a lot of scenes involving the DiMera family, as a family. I hope Lexie's involved. And with Tony and Anna moving into the mansion, things are going to get pretty interesting. I want to see Tony's jealous side coming out when Anna is around John. I'm over Marlena and her wrestling feelings for John. Either have her fall for the new John, have her move on with someone else, or bring the old John back. I no longer want to see the struggling. We've had that since January.

Quote:

Steve/Kayla:
"A suspicious Steve will begin investigating Trent, leading him, Bo and Hope, to uncover a secret that will have a big impact on key Salemites. Kayla, meanwhile, will take on John as a patient after he starts experiencing new side effects from his treatment at the hands of Stefano and Rolf."

Can these two just be written off the show? They serve no purpose, to me at least. I do like that Steve is investigating Trent. He's been alive for two years now and he still doesn't have a legit job. Have him join the police department, or making him a private investigator, instead of just alluding to it when they need him to investigate something, like they always did with Billie. Billie was only a PI when they needed her to be, but they never really stated that was her job. I think the secret impacting the key Salemites will involve the younger set. Perhaps Trent orders for them to be captured or something in France. After all, those scripts that came out earlier this year, involving Nick and Chelsea and them being taken prisoner have never come to play. Maybe they finally will this fall.

I don't care about Kayla taking on John as a patient.

Quote:

Sami/EJ/Nicole/Lucas/Chloe/Philip/Morgan:
"The war between Sami and Lucas escalates, and Sami is not going to be pleased by the end result. She'll turn to EJ for support, but he's not quite ready to give up on Nicole yet. Nicole's livelihood will be threatened when certain skeletons in her closet are revealed. Lucas and Chloe's relationship will continue to blossom, but a romantic getaway will be cut short by a very unwelcome visitor. Morgan will find it harder and harder to fight her feelings for Philip."

I hope the EJ/Sami/Lucas triangle can be put to rest for a while. I'm not saying that Sami and Lucas, or Sami and EJ can't be together later on down the road, but for now, end it and let these three go on with their lives, seperately. Throwing Nicole into this hasn't made anything interesting, at least not for me. If anything, I think it has made Sami even more unbearable. She's only interested in EJ because he wants Nicole. That's fine, believe me. That's Sami. But have her go after EJ, and lose all feelings for Lucas, who is now going after Chloe. Stop it with Sami jumping from man to man, every other week.

Lucas and Chloe are growing on me, surprisingly. They're both horrible actors, so their scenes suck, but I'm just glad to see Lucas seemingly getting out of Sami's orbit. I'm sure Sami will be the unwelcome visitor when Lucas and Chloe go away, probably to the Horton cabin.

I'm not a Philip and Morgan fan yet so I don't care about them.

Quote:

Abe/Lexie/Theo:
"Theo's care will be Abe and Lexie's primary focus, and Lexie, in particular, will make life changing decisions to do what is best for her son. Abe will also become consumed by his hatred of Stefano, and will take surprising steps in an effort to put an end to his reign of terror."

The autism storyliine is a total bust for me, so that part I don't care about. I do like that Lexie and Abe seem to be dealing with this in their own way. I hope Lexie turns to her father for help, which will get under Abe's skin no doubt. Stefano should be the thing that puts a wedge in Abe and Lexie's marriage. They don't need men coming in and banging Lexie for their 15th affair storyline. Lexie is a freaking DiMera, and Abe is a cop. There goes your storyline starter right there. Go with it!

Quote:

Max/Stephanie/Melanie/Nick/Chelsea/Trent:
"A heart broken Chelsea will flee to France to be with her friends, but she is not pleased to witness Nick and Melanie's new bond. Trent's shady past is going to catch up to him, and in a desperate attempt to save himself, he will put Max and Melanie's lives in danger."

I'm glad to see Chelsea involved with the younger set again. Out off all the younger characters, I do see Chelsea fitting in best with the older characters. I don't mind it. But I do like it when she mixes it up with people her own age at times. And I do like that she's not happy about Nick and Melanie's bond. I'm a Chick fan, so if we can get Nick and Chelsea back together, I'll be happy. However, I don't know if anyone can write Chick properly the way Hogan did in the beginning of their relationship. I do think that Trent is going to force the younger set into captivity, and that's when Bo, Hope, Steve and Kayla come to their rescue. Not bad.

Quote:

Chelsea/Daniel/Kate:
"Kate and Daniel will be dealing with the fallout of their confession to Chelsea about their affair, as she seems to have no intention of forgiving them. In the midst of that, Kate will get devastating news."

I hope this means an end to Daniel and Chelsea's romance. That was a mistake from the get go. And why am I not surprised to see Kate receiving devesating news again. It doesn't say that it's health related, but I bet it is. I wonder if she'll finally get cancer this time. It's surprising this bitch hasn't had it yet. It seems every writer wants to write a health story for Kate, and it's usually dropped before anything happens.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Aug 21 2008, 02:24 PM.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Unfortunately, none of this sounds very interesting or like something I'd want to tune in for. :(

Shylock

Kenny
Aug 21 2008, 10:40 AM
Days4Life
Aug 21 2008, 10:28 AM
Shylock
Aug 21 2008, 10:05 AM
"an alliance with an unexpected person"

Roman.
I hope so! I've been wanting a storyline for years that exposes Roman as a secret plant for the Dimeras.
That would be great, as long as this is not the "real" Roman and he's been helping the DiMeras unbeknownst to everyone else for all these years. Otherwise, it's a total character ruination as Roman would never, ever, under any circumstance, go out of his way to help Stefano.
Yeah. I've always felt that this Roman was way too much of a dick for his own good. So long as this paves the way to Wayne Northrop coming back, I'd be all for it.

Mason
Member Avatar

After the Alex North fiasco, I doubt if Wayne would ever come back.

Then again, stranger things have happened, I suppose.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply