Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
LATEST RATINGS: DAYS Sees HUGE gains; Good week for GH
Topic Started: Aug 21 2008, 08:30 AM (4,526 Views)
Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I work at a bar and we have to show the Olympics on a few of the screens all day..So i've got to watch Days a few times during my day shifts..I've liked it..
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Kevc1980
Aug 21 2008, 05:39 PM
I work at a bar and we have to show the Olympics on a few of the screens all day..So i've got to watch Days a few times during my day shifts..I've liked it..
Haha bars don't have Nielsen boxes, do they?

What did other people there think of the show?

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

It actually airs before we open, so i just get to watch Days when i set up...But i was at restaurant today and Days was on after the Olympics for a while, but they changed it to another Olympics channel shortly into the show..

I'm just happy that NBC gave Days the chance to use the Olympics to bring their ratings up a bit and Days took full advantage of that..4 years ago, Days was postponed during the Olympics right? that was stupid, seeing these ratings..

Ellie

Kevc1980
Aug 21 2008, 05:49 PM
It actually airs before we open, so i just get to watch Days when i set up...But i was at restaurant today and Days was on after the Olympics for a while, but they changed it to another Olympics channel shortly into the show..

I'm just happy that NBC gave Days the chance to use the Olympics to bring their ratings up a bit and Days took full advantage of that..4 years ago, Days was postponed during the Olympics right? that was stupid, seeing these ratings..
Oh ok lol, thanks. I completely agree about Days taking advantage of this opportunity, and yes, I think Days was pre-empted last time.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 21 2008, 05:04 PM
So do I understand this right, people here are pretty much saying that if the Olympics had been the lead-in to an infomercial, then the ratings for the infomercial would have been exactly the same as these Days ratings?
LOL, Ellie! :D

squee
Member Avatar

brimike
Aug 21 2008, 04:13 PM
I find it hard to believe hundreds of thousands of men suddenly decided to watch Days last week because they heard it was getting good again.
True. Then again, I find it hard to believe hundreds of thousands of men don't know how to use a remote and change the channel :laugh:

Kyrai

Kenny
Aug 21 2008, 01:49 PM
PhoenixRising05
Aug 21 2008, 01:46 PM
Ratings always plummet the week before Labor Day. People have too much going on.
LoL, I swear to God, you kill me. Always a reason, always an excuse. ;)

The ratings will plummet because the show sucks and the rise this week is a total fluke. Isn't this a .5 rise? No surprise that this comes during the time that Ed Scott's re-write material begins airing, LoL. Get a clue, Corday!

Pretty pathetic that a .5 rise only lands them at a 2.4 rating these days. Sad.
Is what we've been seeing definitely from Ed Scott?

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Kyrai
Aug 21 2008, 06:08 PM

Nope, and that's what I don't understand why everyone thinks it is?

It was stated numerous times that the stuff Scott and the "Diva" rewote wouldnt be seen onscreen for 7-8 weeks.

Kyrai

Rick
Aug 21 2008, 06:09 PM
Kyrai

Nope, and that's what I don't understand why everyone thinks it is?

It was stated numerous times that the stuff Scott and the "Diva" rewote wouldnt be seen onscreen for 7-8 weeks.
Thanks!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kyrai
If I were to make an educated guess, I'd say yes. But that's my personal opinion.

We've all seen the stories that Higley's interested in telling over the last several months. Yet all of a sudden, the boring stories take a backseat while more interesting stories begin playing out? We start seeing characters that we're interested in... innovative episodes and interesting story points? That's a very sharp, sudden turn in quality. Obviously a change was made somewhere.

Unfortunately, judging by the fall previews, it sounds like Higley's back full-force and we'll be returning to her same tired, boring tales shortly.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

holy damn!

squee
Member Avatar

Rick
I don't remember anyone stating that :shrug:

I'd say the past couple weeks have been Ed's work and by the beginning of Sept, if not sooner, we'll be back to the Hack :drunk:

Kenny
Member Avatar

The last time Days saw a bump that large was (I think) in 2004 during the climax of the SSK storyline.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Rick
It was? LoL That's news to me!

Where was it posted?

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

on my show, Kenny LOL

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

squee
Aug 21 2008, 06:18 PM
Rick
I don't remember anyone stating that :shrug:

I'd say the past couple weeks have been Ed's work and by the beginning of Sept, if not sooner, we'll be back to the Hack :drunk:
On Buzzwrothy Radio, Tom Casiello said that rewrites in storylines would take 8-10 weeks to show on screen.

A simple line of dialogue change would take 2-3 weeks

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Kenny
Aug 21 2008, 06:19 PM
Rick
It was? LoL That's news to me!

Where was it posted?
Tom Casiello on Buzzworthy

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/buzzworthyradio/2008/07/29/buzzworthy-radio-soap-dish-is-higley-out

Kenny
Member Avatar

NavJLee8785
Aug 21 2008, 06:22 PM
on my show, Kenny LOL
Which episode? With Casiello?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the link above.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Look at the post above your last post Kenny Poo lol
Edited by Rick, Aug 21 2008, 06:25 PM.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar

Yes, Rick just posted the link, Kenny

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply