Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
LATEST RATINGS: DAYS Sees HUGE gains; Good week for GH
Topic Started: Aug 21 2008, 08:30 AM (4,451 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

The Today block doesn't have much to do with Days in most markets though. Days airs well after Today goes off - so the Today lead in would mean nothing.

Just like here Days aired one hour after the Olympics went off the air. It was the Olympics, then The 700 Club and then Days.

the 700 Club got a boost too in the Nashville, Tennesse market but Days didn't.

I would love to work for Nielsen and see the minute by minute breakdown of the ratings. They report those from time to time for Primetime shows - but I never see them for daytime.

They have reported before how the Biggest Loser did against the first 30 minute comp etc.

My Nielsen guy once told me they do reports on every 15 minutes or so and issue them to advertisers as to how long viewers stay with the show. Many advertisers require that their commercial will air in the first 10 minutes of the show if that is the case. He said sometimes if a show has a tendency to be higher in a certain time period (i.e. first 15 minutes or so) they may have to offer lower rates for the last 30 minutes or 15 minutes.

It would be interesting to see last week if the ratings were very high at first and then dropped off or stayed even during the hour. Or if the higher rating at the first was enough to pull the boost. I would just love to see it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

HOLY SHIT!

I know I am late to the party but .5!?

Jesus CHRIST!

Temporary or not, congrats, DAYS.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Well here in Michigan (not a BIG market I know lol) normally we have our local news at noon until 12:30. Then we have Jeopardy, followed by DAYS! But when the Olympics were on they were on right until 1p.m. then DAYS came on.

Does anyone know what the markets were that had put DAYS in a different time slot because of the Olympics?

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Here is NYC, we get Martha @ 1PM & DOOL @ 2PM.

soapfan
Member Avatar

That's how it is in NJ too.

Fancy

We got the Olympics at night..so in this area it was all Days!!!! I hope. MO

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply