Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
LATEST RATINGS: DAYS Sees HUGE gains; Good week for GH
Topic Started: Aug 21 2008, 08:30 AM (6,273 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Kyrai
Aug 21 2008, 06:08 PM
Is what we've been seeing definitely from Ed Scott?

Nope, and that's what I don't understand why everyone thinks it is?

It was stated numerous times that the stuff Scott and the "Diva" rewote wouldnt be seen onscreen for 7-8 weeks.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

squee
Aug 21 2008, 06:18 PM
Rick
Aug 21 2008, 06:09 PM
It was stated numerous times that the stuff Scott and the "Diva" rewote wouldnt be seen onscreen for 7-8 weeks.
I don't remember anyone stating that :shrug:

I'd say the past couple weeks have been Ed's work and by the beginning of Sept, if not sooner, we'll be back to the Hack :drunk:
On Buzzwrothy Radio, Tom Casiello said that rewrites in storylines would take 8-10 weeks to show on screen.

A simple line of dialogue change would take 2-3 weeks

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Kenny
Aug 21 2008, 06:19 PM
Rick
Aug 21 2008, 06:09 PM
It was? LoL That's news to me!

Where was it posted?
Tom Casiello on Buzzworthy

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/buzzworthyradio/2008/07/29/buzzworthy-radio-soap-dish-is-higley-out

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Look at the post above your last post Kenny Poo lol
Edited by Rick, Aug 21 2008, 06:25 PM.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I find it odd that DAYS didn't even fluctuate this week

It's like the ones who did watch Monday continued all week LOL That's just something I'm not used to seeing :laugh:

Monday: 2.4
Tuesday: 2.4
Wednesday: 2.4
Thursday: 2.4
Friday: 2.4

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Kenny
Aug 21 2008, 06:29 PM
Rick
Aug 21 2008, 06:26 PM
It starts at 18 minutes in :)

Like I said, I still don't believe Higley's responsible, LoL. I just don't. The re-writes simply started earlier than we all realized. That's all there is to it, LoL.

"Were gearing up here at DAYS for the Olympics and partial preemptions in August. Im going to build some really big stuff before to encourage viewers to watch during those two weeks when theyll have to go out of their way to find the show on occasion in their time zone. I think its really going to be fun stuff and I hope people will really want to watch."

That what Higley posted in her May 20th blog ;)
Edited by Rick, Aug 21 2008, 06:40 PM.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Jiggs
Aug 21 2008, 06:59 PM
No offense, but Tom Casiello no longer works at Days so I really don't see how he would know who wrote what and when it will be airing.
He never said anything about "who wrote what."

He is a soap writer and knows the technicalities of writing and he simply stated that it takes 8-10 weeks before rewrites can be seen on screen specifically DAYS since they tape so far ahead.
Edited by Rick, Aug 21 2008, 07:09 PM.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Jiggs
Aug 21 2008, 07:16 PM
I'm just not going to go by what he says when it comes to this whole rewrite business with Ed Scott etc...
See that's the thing. He never claimed to know anything about Higley-gate or the rewrites that occured.

He simply stated how long it would take to show on screen "IF" rewrites did occur.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

brimike
Aug 21 2008, 10:37 PM
Actually, what he said was they're writing stuff now that airs in 8 weeks.

He didn't say the rewriting hadn't already been going on and building for months before Branco broke the news. I think people just assumed it all went down that week, but it was something that had been building for QUITE some time. My guess is that most of the tug-of-war has been going on probably in one form or another since Dena started in November February.
Ahhh

Thanks for clearing that up. I did assume when Nelson broke the news, it has just started occuring that week.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply