Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
LATEST RATINGS: DAYS Sees HUGE gains; Good week for GH
Topic Started: Aug 21 2008, 08:30 AM (6,271 Views)
Mason

Once Higley's stuff comes back on, we'll be right back at a 1.9-2.0.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

But that's just the point, Kirk. She wouldn't have written something as good, LoL.

Mason

That's true. The ratings increase itself obviously had way more to do with the Olympics than anything else. Still, it's nice to see DAYS gain on such a great week.

Mason

^ I agree. I'm totally happy that DAYS got such a big increase. But why get my hopes up that it won't go right back to where it was when we know it will?

Mason

Kenny
Aug 21 2008, 04:58 PM
If Days really wants to grab some viewers and hold them, they need to be pulling some big shit out of their asses and quick. This mediocre, hum-drum forgettable garbage isn't going to cut it.
Exactly. It's just plain suicidal for a show that's already on the brink of cancellation to be telling ho-hum stories that few viewers even care about to begin with. We don't have to have explosions or plane crashes every week, but give us something, ANYTHING to keep us tuning in. JER, in his first run, was a master at that. Even when there weren't any real big events, you still had to tune in to see what was gonna happen next. DAYS needs to be like that again, where every day is important in some respect.

Mason

I'm sorry, but I don't believe for a second that this is Higley's work we've been raving about recently. Nelson even told us that Ed was responsible for it. And, as much as I love Tom, on this, I'm more inclined to believe Nelson.

Mason

I don't think August got good until the 6th. If that was Higley, then good for her. She's not a COMPLETE failure (though she's pretty damn close).

And you know, it's almost WORSE if she has the ability to write good stuff and just chooses not to versus not being able to at all. How many people get chance after chance by their boss when they're clearly doing only a half-assed job?

Mason

Why would I believe last week was Higley's when a reputable insider said flat out that it was Ed's?

Mason

^ But this rise wasn't under normal circumstances. Obviously, the suits at NBC are gonna realize that DAYS's huge gain was a side effect of the Olympics.

Mason

JERSoapsFan
Aug 25 2008, 01:37 PM
Mason
Aug 22 2008, 01:58 PM
^ But this rise wasn't under normal circumstances. Obviously, the suits at NBC are gonna realize that DAYS's huge gain was a side effect of the Olympics.
While that's true, no one turned off their TVs because of "Days." I think this shows that, with the right lead-in, or right daytime event, "Days" can get respectable ratings. That "Today" block ain't gonna cut it. Something in between would help.
But by the same token, not everyone kept their TVs on because of DAYS necessarily, either.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply