Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
LATEST RATINGS: DAYS Sees HUGE gains; Good week for GH
Topic Started: Aug 21 2008, 08:30 AM (6,137 Views)
Tammy
Member Avatar

Rick
Aug 21 2008, 06:29 PM
I find it odd that DAYS didn't even fluctuate this week

It's like the ones who did watch Monday continued all week LOL That's just something I'm not used to seeing :laugh:

Monday: 2.4
Tuesday: 2.4
Wednesday: 2.4
Thursday: 2.4
Friday: 2.4
That threw me for a loop too. I was looking at it and I said out loud "It didn't fluctuate... AT ALL."

I don't know, the whole Olympics thing doesn't jive for me somehow. I mean if you are watching NBC for the Olympics, and your not a fan of DAYS why would you keep it on? Like here in Michigan, the Olympics didn't come right back on after DAYS, so its not like they were waiting around for it to come back on, ya know what I mean?

Forgive me for doing this but I am gonna repeat something that Dena mentioned in that blog of hers that someone posted lol. DAYS didn't air in the same time slot that it usually does in some places. So it stands to reason, at least for me, that there were a great many people who had to change habits in order to watch it. Its not like they were sticking with it because the Olympics was on right before it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

As for the writing and the re-writes, something doesn't add up there either, again at least it doesn't to me lol.

For example. I look at Bev's, Deidre Day ahead write ups and pics. She always gives the date of when the show was taped, and then the date it actually airs. So here is a prime example.

The show that aired on 08/13/08 was taped on 07/14/08... that is a month difference.

However the show that aired on 8/12/08 was taped on 07/22.

That is a weeks difference between two show that were taped, yet those two shows aired back to back.

And the show that airs tomorrow was taped on 07/30/08.

Maybe its just me and I don't comprehend this stuff right, but those tape dates seem strange lmao.

Tammy
Member Avatar

brimike
Aug 21 2008, 10:46 PM
Tammy
Aug 21 2008, 08:15 PM
As for the writing and the re-writes, something doesn't add up there either, again at least it doesn't to me lol.

For example. I look at Bev's, Deidre Day ahead write ups and pics. She always gives the date of when the show was taped, and then the date it actually airs. So here is a prime example.

The show that aired on 08/13/08 was taped on 07/14/08... that is a month difference.

However the show that aired on 8/12/08 was taped on 07/22.

That is a weeks difference between two show that were taped, yet those two shows aired back to back.

And the show that airs tomorrow was taped on 07/30/08.

Maybe its just me and I don't comprehend this stuff right, but those tape dates seem strange lmao.
I'm not sure if this is the reason, Tammy - but I know Days will tape 6-7 shows a week sometimes, get way ahead, and then give everyone a dark week of vacation (but still tape the same number of episodes in that couple-month period). So it's highly possible that the reason why one show was taped a month in advance, and then another was taped two weeks in advance, is because the one taped two weeks in advance started right after one of their dark weeks.

Does that make sense?
^Yep that made sense to me lol. You are probably right, but those tape dates just looked so strange to me lol. :shrug:

Tammy
Member Avatar

brimike
Aug 21 2008, 11:42 PM
DolceDiMera
Aug 21 2008, 11:38 PM
Too bad we can't have Phelps and other Olympians to lead in the show everyday :mellow:
That's a great point. The Olympics did VERY well this year, mainly because of the Phelps buzz. I remember some years the Olympics haven't been all that big with my friends and family - but this year, I don't know anybody who WASN'T following them.

Not making a sweeping generalization - I know my little segment of the world certainly isn't a fair way to judge a whole country. But the Phelps Marketing Machine definitely got a lot of people to tune in.
I have to agree here. The only thing I ever really cared about , from the summer Olympics, was gymnastics. But I'll be damned if this year I didn't tune in for everyone of that mans events ;)

Tammy
Member Avatar

Anyone wanna take bets on what the ratings will be for this week :o

It will be interesting to see if DAYS stays where its at or drops. If it stays where it is (or slightly close) does that mean that the Olyimpics weren't as big of an influence as we thought?

Tammy
Member Avatar

Well here in Michigan (not a BIG market I know lol) normally we have our local news at noon until 12:30. Then we have Jeopardy, followed by DAYS! But when the Olympics were on they were on right until 1p.m. then DAYS came on.

Does anyone know what the markets were that had put DAYS in a different time slot because of the Olympics?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply