Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
BREAKING DAYS NEWS FROM SON: New Co-Head Writer.
Topic Started: Aug 22 2008, 05:37 PM (5,012 Views)
Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Soap Opera Network

Christopher Whitesell has been named Co-Head Writer of DAYS, it was Gary Tomlin's first move.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

Never heard of him? Is he good? Can he please replace Higley ASAP!

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

darraholic
Aug 22 2008, 05:38 PM
He was Co-HW of both SuBe and OLTL when Tomlin was EP of both shows.

He's a pretty campy writer, but he's better than Higley. Though, he'll be sharing the writing duties with Higley, so..

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Aug 22 2008, 05:37 PM
http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/soaps/days/news/479-chris-whitesell-joins-writing-team

Christopher Whitesell has been named Co-Head Writer of DAYS, it was Gary Tomlin's first move.

Thanks!

How is he? Good, bad? Worked on DOOL before?

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Aug 22 2008, 05:39 PM
darraholic

He's a pretty campy writer, but he's better than Higley. Though, he'll be sharing the writing duties with Higley, so..
hm... I don't know what to think of this... I honestly don't care which is a shame.

leelee
Member Avatar

So.....is this good news or bad news?

~bl~
Member Avatar

That's interesting...maybe he will temper Dena.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

:huh:

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

he has worked for Days before as a script writer in the 00s.

Bring back Lorraine Broderick and we have a repeat of their emmy winning team from OLTL.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Aug 22 2008, 05:39 PM
darraholic

Do you know what he wrote on Sunset Beach? I think I'll love him then.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Congrats to to SON for getting the scoop!

You know, I'd love to get excited over this, but wasn't Hogan also co-HW with Dena? We all saw how that shook out.

At the end of the day, Corday's head is planted so far up Higley's ass, we all know that she'll be calling the shots. Whitesell will probably be there in name only. We all know how much Corday loves to pay people for absolutely nothing.

Can anyone give me a rundown of Whitesell's most notable stories on other soaps? Thanks!

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Drew
Aug 22 2008, 05:42 PM

Bring back Lorraine Broderick and we have a repeat of their emmy winning team from OLTL.
He was briefly an Associate Head Writer at DAYS under Langan.

Broderick apparently didn't get along with Tomlin and Whitesell at OLTL, so that's not likely.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Drew
Aug 22 2008, 05:42 PM

I don't see Lorraine coming back after the way Corday gave her the heave-ho in 1999 in favor of Tom Langan. That was pretty shitty.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm not getting my hopes up that this will turn out good. Like Kenny said, Corday will ALWAYS side with Higley.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Mason
Aug 22 2008, 05:46 PM
I'm not getting my hopes up that this will turn out good. Like Kenny said, Corday will ALWAYS side with Higley.
You just know Dena might be on her way out now. There's no way Tomlin's going to listen to Higley over Whitesell. We're going to see an immediate and campy shift on DAYS. It's similar to how very little of Lorraine Broderick's influence was felt on OLTL, Tomlin and Whitesell will be directing most of the storyline direction. That's my guess.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Aug 22 2008, 05:47 PM
Mason
You just know Dena might be on her way out now. There's no way Tomlin's going to listen to Higley over Whitesell. We're going to see an immediate and campy shift on DAYS. It's similar to how very little of Lorraine Broderick's influence was felt on OLTL, Tomlin and Whitesell will be directing most of the storyline direction. That's my guess.
He and Tomlin might've been used to calling the shots on OLTL, but Days/Corday is another story, IMO. Seriously... Corday's head is just too far up her ass.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Also, I can deal with camp. Some of my favorite storylines have been FULL of camp. I'll take campy and fun over boring and unwatchable anyday.

What were the campy things that Whitesell did on OLTL?

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Aug 22 2008, 05:50 PM
Also, I can deal with camp. Some of my favorite storylines have been FULL of camp. I'll take campy and fun over boring and unwatchable anyday.
Me too. I don't mind a little (or a lot) camp as long as the story's good.

Ponz
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Aug 22 2008, 05:47 PM
Mason
If Corday wanted the co-EP to have that kind of power, he would've left Ed in the job.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

No clue who that is. Thanks for the info!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply