Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SON Article about BTS Drama
Topic Started: Aug 23 2008, 05:03 PM (644 Views)
phloeishot
Member Avatar

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/news/columns/wired/482-sony-your-days-are-restless
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Enjoyed reading that article! Well said, Eroll!

Thanks for posting, Phloeishot.

Errol

Thanks! The drama just didn't sit well with me and I had an opening statement (which I later changed to the closer) that needed to be completed. There are parts that I didn't highlight or missed, so hopefully I'll do them justice next time.

I've really gotten interested in writing more than just press releases, lol, so you'll see more of DaytimeWired and Editor's Notebook's from me :)

Errol

FanODays

I'd love for someone to question why the WGA was so quick to issue the cease and desist order so quickly yet they haven't taken any action regarding DH for being a scab. If she violated their rules why does she then get protected by them?

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Errol
Aug 23 2008, 07:01 PM

I've really gotten interested in writing more than just press releases, lol, so you'll see more of DaytimeWired and Editor's Notebook's from me :)

Errol
Can't wait to read them!

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

And of course, Terry had to comment with 55 paragraphs of "I love Melanie" and "I love Molly and she loves me too." :eyeroll:

Great article Errol!! :cheers:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

FanODays
Aug 23 2008, 07:26 PM
I'd love for someone to question why the WGA was so quick to issue the cease and desist order so quickly yet they haven't taken any action regarding DH for being a scab. If she violated their rules why does she then get protected by them?
Well, according to Nelson, there was photographic proof of the re-writes while the scabbing issue is still only conjecture and speculation without tangible proof. IMO, I think that's the sticking point. If the WGA only goes by what they've heard about Higley scabbing and rumors without finding concrete proof to back it up, it could open them up to legal recourse without the solid proof to back up their sanctions (if they were to be made).

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

OneBadKitty
Aug 23 2008, 08:39 PM
And of course, Terry had to comment with 55 paragraphs of "I love Melanie" and "I love Molly and she loves me too." :eyeroll:

Great article Errol!! :cheers:
Of course he did. :laugh: .

Good stuff, Errol. Well done.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Matt
Aug 23 2008, 08:42 PM
FanODays
Aug 23 2008, 07:26 PM
Well, according to Nelson, there was photographic proof of the re-writes while the scabbing issue is still only conjecture and speculation without tangible proof. IMO, I think that's the sticking point. If the WGA only goes by what they've heard about Higley scabbing and rumors without finding concrete proof to back it up, it could open them up to legal recourse without the solid proof to back up their sanctions (if they were to be made).
Exactly.

Higley knew what she was doing. She knew she needed proof and she made sure there was proof. Therefore, her claims have evidence while her scabbing goes unpunished because there is nothing concrete, like photos, to go on and there never will be considering her buddy Victor G. and husband Mark were the ones who were supposed to be writing during the strike. They will never sell her out.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply