Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michelle Stafford to OLTL?
Topic Started: Aug 23 2008, 07:21 PM (879 Views)
extvgal

This is my first post here even though I have lurked for quite a while. Because this forum seems pretty well connected (like I used to be) I was wondering if anyone else has heard the rumblings that Michelle Stafford is talking with OLTL? Her character has been drastically backburned lately and Sharon Case has been telling fans, as recently as late June, that Sharon and Nick were going to be reunited by the end of the year. If you follow the show, and the spoilers, the writers seem to be on that road.

But I keep hearing about Ms. Stafford being unhappy and now, talking with OLTL.

Can anyone confirm it's true or pure crap?

Thanks
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

She re-signed a 3 year contract with Y&R last year, unless they let her go at the end of her contract cycle, she's not moving out East to join OLTL.

Manny
Member Avatar

I would hate it if we lost Stafford. She's like my favorite actress on Y&R. I hate Phyllis now, but I still love Stafford.

extvgal

But, from what I heard, if both sides are unhappy (like Victoria Rowell), she can be let out of her contract or released her after a 13 week cycle. Normally, I would not give this much credit but she has hardly been on the last few weeks. In fact, I heard she was only in one episode last week.

Mason
Member Avatar

If Stafford ever did leave Y&R, the only other soaps I could see her going to would be B&B (as Phyllis, most likely) or possibly GH. I don't see her going to OLTL.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

With ABC wanting to steal CBS's stars, she would definitely be a catch. Im sure this is not true, or not happening with her contract status though. And she's got it pretty sweet over at Y&R, she's one of their big stars, she is always nominated for lead actress, gets time off to do other projects, lives in LA so she can do those other projects, and has a pretty meaty role.

If she were to change soaps, she'd be bottom of the barrel, fighting with the stars of those shows for recognition and status and never getting it.

KMan101
Member Avatar

She'd end up on B&B for sure. I can't see her going anywhere else. I could see her on DAYS or GH but those are the only other two and they're iffy. Stafford's likely not going anywhere unless they fire her.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Since she is under a contract the show would have to agree to release her and I don't see that happening.

I haven't watched Y&R much lately but if her screen time has decreased it might have more to do with summer coming to a close and Stafford having vacation time.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

I had some worries about her walking with the paltry amount of screentime she was getting! AND the character of Phyllis was morphing into Betty Crocker! But I read she had some time off to have back surgery! I think that was the biggest reason for MS having a reduced work load! Now Phyllis seems to be getting some of her "edge" back! I would be shocked if she left or the show BOOTED her!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I just finished reading about her at the TWoP's gossip thread. According to a couple of posters there, she's been backburnered because she recently had back surgery

Deleted User
Deleted User

I don't think OLTL has room for Stafford anyhow imho. If she were to come on OLTL, who would she play, Kelly Cramer? Cassie Callison? Tina Lord (if Andrea Evans chose to leave)?
Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

I think Stafford would make a great bitch on any show. She could easily pull off Kelly on OLTL. I'd even see her as Kristen on DAYS, but they're probably never bringing the character back so that ain't happening, lol.

brimike

Stafford's made rumblings about going to numerous East Coast shows over the years, but part of me thinks that's mostly a threat she uses as leverage to get put back on the front-burner at Y&R.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

More then likely her back problems played a role in her backburnering but I do think she's still upset with the way the character has been handled in the past few years. I just don't know if she would bolt as she seems to love it there and has already left once and came back.

She could play a good bitch on any show, for sure. I don't see her going to the east coast though. I would be shocked if that happened.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply