Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week Of 8/25
Topic Started: Aug 25 2008, 12:51 PM (5,131 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Let's discuss the good, bad, and in between on Days this week......

Classic Clip from 1986: After waking from her coma, John visits Marlena in her hospital room. She wants him to make love to her. He's worried that she's not ready.

2nd Classic Clip: Stefano captured his beloved Marlena and kept her in a gilded cage -- while John watched with virtual reality glasses. Would Marlena agree to Stefano's terms to be set free?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Charmqn
Member Avatar

I loved how those two were trying to con each other and only Nick knew knew that the other was conning. They play well off of each other. Plus, I did like that Melanie thought that Nick was funny and smart..Molly really reminds me of Rachel McAdams when you see her on the screen, and Blake has that kind of Ryan Gosling look(tall, kind of lanky, quirky, but very attractive.)...I like to see where they take these two.

ginababe
BANNED

Die Chan Die!

Ellie

Aw, great choice of clips! I was just thinking about that first clip the other day - I'm so glad the doctors didn't put any restrictions on her this time, lol.

Implosion

I hope that this weeks Days cuts down on the naff that has been happening of late on the show. Somehow tho I think that that will not be possible given who the head writer of the show is.

Hail to Dena for distroying a show by getting rid of one of the show's last hopes....Ed Scott.

Days4Life

Today's show was good...it was nice to see some different faces. I enjoyed the Nick/Melanie interaction; that was good stuff. I'm surprised at how much I like Melanie already, but we needed a spitfire like that, especially since Sami has been defanged. Speaking of Sami, as much as I hate the thought of another custody fight between her and Lucas, I would gladly put up with it if it brought back her devious, manipulative side. I still don't understand how Lucas and Mickey think he could get sole custody of Allie, just because Stefano is back. First, if Stefano wanted to get to Ali, he could get her no matter where she is; second, Stefano hasn't been arrested for anything yet, hasn't made any threats towards Ali; third, Lucas just got out of prison and doesn't have a job or place to live. I see no reason a judge would take a baby from her mother and twin brother; however, this is Salem so anything is possible.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Ok, first....
ginababe
Aug 25 2008, 01:25 PM
Die Chan Die!

HEE!

And then I loved the Nick/Melanie interaction today. They have Nick going back to the Fallonator days where he thinks fast on his feet, can come up with fast cover stories and he looked really hot in his white jacket. (heh). I also loved Molly's performance where she seems to inflect some soft touches where it looks like she is sincerely attracted to Nick on some level. Hopefully TPTB won't fuck this up.

I actually liked Stax today.

I hope we now know for sure Melanie is not Nicole's daughter since we had no reaction of her name from AZ.
Edited by Tripp, Aug 25 2008, 03:33 PM.

Days4Life

Tripp
Aug 25 2008, 03:19 PM

I hope we now know for sure Melanie is not Nicole's daughter since we had no reaction of her name from AZ.
Yeah, I never liked the idea of Nicole being Melanie's mother. Unless Nicole managed to forget she carried a child around in her womb for nine months, looks like she is out of the running for Melanie's mom.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I didn't care for the Jarlena stuff today though. I'm really ready for NuJohn to be gone too I'm afraid.
Edited by Tripp, Aug 25 2008, 03:32 PM.

jane1978

Tripp
Well, it definitely looks there is something more at the Paris storyline than just Max meeting his sister and taking her in Salem. As Nicol said today, why is Trent so adamant that Max and Mel can never see each other. What is his secret? And we also know Steve and probably Nicol and who knows else will soon follow. So it looks like the storyline is shaping up into something bigger.

As for today, Im totally in love with Melanie. She is basically just a brat and a spoiled girl but she is so cute and sweet within it she is still likeable. And of course, weve got the first sign today she is not as shallow as she lets other think. I liked she liked Nick today, on the other side they made BB look so handsome today it was hard to understand why Mels friend called him nerd. Obviously, Nick wanted to do a good first impression today and he definitely did. I know people say its like Chick all over again, but Mel is very different from Chelsea so I think the relationship will be different too. The writers IMO did a good work with their first meeting scene and Im looking for more.

Now Stax. I know Im one of the few their fans here, but I really like them when they have these kind of light and funny scenes together. Im happy the writers obviously already forgotten Max is supposed to be a genius and are writing him again as the little dense funny guy DB plays so well. His and SH scenes today were really natural and quite enjoyable.

The Paris storyline looked really boring and pointless at first, but with the Trent secret, Melanie and Nick arriving and Chelsea soon following, its actually turing into one of my favorite storylines. Today I enjoyed it much more than J/M because whenever Marlena starts about Stefano and how he wants to destroy everyone it just has this incredible feeling of been there, done that.

I think thats the reason why I realy dont push for Denas departure like everyone here. She introduced a lot of fresh stories/couples to the show I think have a lot of potential and I would like to see where theye going. Today I even liked Lucas talk with Maggie about his feelings for Chloe.

Edited by jane1978, Aug 25 2008, 04:16 PM.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

jane1978
Aug 25 2008, 04:13 PM
Tripp
Well, it definitely looks there is something more at the Paris storyline than just Max meeting his sister and taking her in Salem. As Nicol said today, why is Trent so adamant that Max and Mel can never see each other. What is his secret? And we also know Steve and probably Nicol and who knows else will soon follow. So it looks like the storyline is shaping up into something bigger.

As for today, Im totally in love with Melanie. She is basically just a brat and a spoiled girl but she is so cute and sweet within it she is still likeable. And of course, weve got the first sign today she is not as shallow as she lets other think. I liked she liked Nick today, on the other side they made BB look so handsome today it was hard to understand why Mels friend called him nerd. Obviously, Nick wanted to do a good first impression today and he definitely did. I know people say its like Chick all over again, but Mel is very different from Chelsea so I think the relationship will be different too. The writers IMO did a good work with their first meeting scene and Im looking for more.

Now Stax. I know Im one of the few their fans here, but I really like them when they have these kind of light and funny scenes together. Im happy the writers obviously already forgotten Max is supposed to be a genius and are writing him again as the little dense funny guy DB plays so well. His and SH scenes today were really natural and quite enjoyable.

The Paris storyline looked really boring and pointless at first, but with the Trent secret, Melanie and Nick arriving and Chelsea soon following, its actually turing into one of my favorite storylines. Today I enjoyed it much more than J/M because whenever Marlena starts about Stefano and how he wants to destroy everyone it just has this incredible feeling of been there, done that.

I think thats the reason why I realy dont push for Denas departure like everyone here. She introduced a lot of fresh stories/couples to the show I think have a lot of potential and I would like to see where theye going. Today I even liked Lucas talk with Maggie about his feelings for Chloe.

I totally agree with you that this is different from Chick- Nick is no longer a doormat like he was for Chelsea. They played games with each other and it was cute to see that...so great to see the Fallonator get the upper hand.

I saw tomorrow's episode and Nick doe snot let down either.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I will jump on the bandwagon and say that I actually enjoyed "the Fallonator" (love the name) today. That is my Nick...smart, thinking fast, using his noodle. Keep him that way, and keep him in control. Nick was my man today! Loved that he came to save Steph and Max.
Melanie still irks me a bit, but I think I can get over that. She does remind me of Rachel McAdams a bit.

Jarlena was a bit of repeat today...they need to get out of the hospital and move on. It's been like almost 3 weeks and everyone else is out of the hospital.

EJ/Sami/Lucas was alright. It is still the same day for them, so I guess it isn't 3 weeks but more like 1 day.
Don't see where Lucas can get custody of a poodle, much less his kid with no house, no means of support, no money. Where does he live? In the hotel with Chloe? Why doesn't he go to Phil for a job, then go to Sami for his old apartment? He'd be right across from Payla...that is pretty safe.

Nicole/Trent was okay. I hope Nicole kicks Trent's ass one day.
I don't see where this is all going. What could Melanie and Max know about each other that would bring Trent down? What will Steve find out? This is interesting, but I am not putting it all together yet.

It was an okay show. Here's to it picking up tomorrow!

cjknick
Member Avatar

I agree the Jawn and Marlena storyline better start to move faster or it's going to get a big who cares from me!
EJ/Sami/Lucas/Mickey/Maggie .... Love Mickey and Maggie, tired of Lucas making empty threats AGAIN! If it weren't for Lucas stopping by - Sami might have taken EJ to bed! She seemed pretty receptive. Too bad EJ was still thinking about Nicole given him the whole you are like 99% of all the men in the world speech and I want you out of my life speech that EJ didn't believe,
Stephanie/Max/Melanie/Nick and actors with bad french accents - thank God Nick has arrived to save this story,
Nicole and Trent - I like them I really like them - too bad RB got the boot - wonder who going to kill him?

CatherineEarnshaw

Thanks for posting the old clips. Loved them.

And the only thing I enjoyed today was J/M

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Stuff seems to be really dragging lately. The John&Marlena stuff is getting a little boring. Aside from the Lucas&Chloe stuff I'm not sure if there is much else I care for about.

Mason
Member Avatar

Jinxie
Aug 25 2008, 08:27 PM
Stuff seems to be really dragging lately.
Lately?! Stuff has been dragging since May! LoL

ginababe
BANNED

Corday is the world's biggest moron, HIGLEY NEEDS TO GO!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I just realized I was surfing the web and settled for reruns of CSI, and totally forgot to watch my recordings of Days. What does that say???

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Gotta say i'm really enjoying the introduction of Melanie..The actress is doing a great job and she's spiced up the the Max and Stephanie storyline..Plus it was so nice seeing Nick tricking Melanie today..Glad he's back in the mix...

Also enjoyed seeing Maggie and Mickey..All in all i thought it was a pretty good show..

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

ladyofthelake
Aug 25 2008, 09:57 PM
I just realized I was surfing the web and settled for reruns of CSI, and totally forgot to watch my recordings of Days. What does that say???
Oh you need to check it out! I think today's episode was pretty good. I know you well enough to know some parts you won't enjoy but I think the Nick and Melanie scenes are worth it. (And Trent even though he and Nicole kind of rehashed stuff again).

Tomorrow is a better episode.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply