Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week Of 8/25
Topic Started: Aug 25 2008, 12:51 PM (5,000 Views)
kpuma

I for one am deeply disappointed with the turn of events - and I am remaining hopeful that daniel and chelsea will work this out. it may take time but there are many fans willing to wait.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Will have to catch today's episode today on SoapNet, the NBC station we get here is spending hours talking about Gustav.......

Jiggs
Member Avatar

esp13
Aug 29 2008, 09:06 AM
Jiggs
Aug 29 2008, 01:25 AM
Kirk
Aug 28 2008, 08:07 PM
Steve being a PI is a dumbass idea, who won't see or notice his patch?

I dont care to post any other thoughts because I FF at least half the show.
Steve is a PI? ROFL! I guess anyone can be a PI then. There can't be any kind of vetting to get a license.
Why is Steve being a PI so funny? He was a cop and ISA operative before his "death." He's done freelance work for the SPD since his return (they mentioned it on the show yesterday). So why is it ridiculous that he could be a PI?
I must have forgotten he was a cop and worked at the ISA before he died. How did that happen? I just remember him being this petty criminal and working for Victor. I just find it amusing that someone that was emptying bed pans becomes a PI.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Tripp
Aug 29 2008, 01:15 PM
I'm gonna not speak about the Jarlena sex.
I will! Wow was that hot!!!! I couldn't stop smiling. So cute the way he pumped his fists after and her reaction. They are amazing!!!! Even though she doesn't know who he is or if she wants to be with him she can't resist him. They have always had a very sexual relationship and I am so glad we got to see more of that. :biggrin:

Days4Life

So the appearance of Jan Brady was just so Marlena could realize she has to take control of her own life and happiness and stand on her own as a single woman...immediately followed by sex with John? Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoyed the Marlena/John conversation because it's about time Marlena became a strong woman capable of taking care of herself--the way she used to be--but it was a little strange how it was sandwiched between the random patient and the couch sex (I hope she gets that cleaned before her next patient).

Chelsea has been a zombie the last couple days, and since we know that isn't how she's dealt with issues in the past, it must be RM's acting choices that are to blame. Zero emotion in her face, except for that one scene with Theo, which I liked. If, as someone said, this is due to her being injured that week and on pain meds or something, that is very unfortunate because these scenes called for some emotion and drama, which was completely lacking. Like PhoenixRising said in an earlier post, lackluster ending for a lackluster couple so maybe it was appropriate that it ended this way. I'm just happy it ended!

I'm already tired of Anna being terrified of Stefano. Maybe she should sit down with Marlena and get a pep talk about taking control of her life and not living in fear. I love Anna, but I hate how the writers frequently write her as a useless, brainless child-woman.

Loved the phone call from Stefano. "I'm coming home"....gave me chills!

e83talus
Member Avatar

The Jarlena sex scene was really about two minutes top, and 30 seconds of that was just kissing in the beginning. I loved it anyway.See how a little lovin goes a long way with Jarlena fans. I loved the dialogue especially that John and Marlena continue to be honest with each other even though they may be on different pages emotionally. I enjoyed this in May even though John was acting like a jack ass I still liked that he said what he wanted and Marlen did as well. Now we have Marlena feeling like she needs to "do her" and John wants to make their relationship work. I know some fans are tired of the back and forth but I can do this twist for at least another month or so because I feel like Marlena needs to get some of her own back and make John pay for hurting her, humiliating her in front of Ava and for Ava period! John was with Ava from June to August. Marlena needs to do her for at least that time, although I am not for her sleeping with anyone like roboJohn did, UGHHHH.

Amazingly enough I felt bad for Chelsea today and I hate her. I like that she did not overplay her emotions and get alll crazy and throw a tantrum. That was what I expected. She just seemed numb which in her place I likely would feel if this happened to me for the second time. First her mother slept with Nick and now her grandmother with Dan. She should be having serious ego and self esteem problems since the important woman in her life keeps sleeping with her men.

Great show!

Ives
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Aug 29 2008, 02:17 PM
esp13
Aug 29 2008, 09:06 AM
Jiggs
Aug 29 2008, 01:25 AM
Kirk
Aug 28 2008, 08:07 PM
Steve being a PI is a dumbass idea, who won't see or notice his patch?

I dont care to post any other thoughts because I FF at least half the show.
Steve is a PI? ROFL! I guess anyone can be a PI then. There can't be any kind of vetting to get a license.
Why is Steve being a PI so funny? He was a cop and ISA operative before his "death." He's done freelance work for the SPD since his return (they mentioned it on the show yesterday). So why is it ridiculous that he could be a PI?
I must have forgotten he was a cop and worked at the ISA before he died. How did that happen? I just remember him being this petty criminal and working for Victor. I just find it amusing that someone that was emptying bed pans becomes a PI.
His time as a thug and working with Victor was for maybe two years and ended in 1986 (prior to that he was in the merchant marines with Bo). In the 4 years or so after that, he did the stuff mentioned by others, including helping set up the community center with Kayla. Oh, and he was always able to make some money hustling some pool. :D

He did act as a nurse's aid for a couple of years when he woke up with no memory in Cincinnatti (he mentioned that he wanted to work at the hospital to repay all of the people who helped him when he was found homeless with no memory) but in the years since he returned to Salem he did not work in that capacity.

Days4Life

I wish something had been mentioned about Nick sleeping with Billie....really, the poor girl is going to be afraid to introduce any future boyfriends to her family.

Mason

I was really turned off by the J&M couch sex today. And John's caveman like "Sensational!" at the end didn't help either.

I did however, LOVE that Marlena told John she didn't need him to protect her, and that she's not sure if she even wants him in her life (of course we all know how long that'll last).

Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of J&M, but as long as John's still the overblown jackass that he is right now, I want Marlena nowhere near him.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 29 2008, 03:08 PM
I was really turned off by the J&M couch sex today. And John's caveman like "Sensational!" at the end didn't help either.

I did however, LOVE that Marlena told John she didn't need him to protect her, and that she's not sure if she even wants him in her life (of course we all know how long that'll last).

Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of J&M, but as long as John's still the overblown jackass that he is right now, I want Marlena nowhere near him.
I thought the sensational thing was hilarious and the look on her face was priceless. I couldn't get mad at him for that. It was so cute. Their scenes today had it all. Great dialogue.. I so needed to hear those things John said to her! And her giving in and having sex was so human and I love his desire to protect her. Very 1986! Oh, and that couch scene was... WHOA!!! Shocked it made it past the censors! :laugh:

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 29 2008, 01:51 AM
[
The other thing that bugs me is that so many young couples, some that were even involving Max, never got the type of stories Max and Stephanie did. They got a traditional Days romantic courtship and now a traditional Days romantic adventure. Where was this for some of the others? They give it to a universally hated couple whose potential was gone before their romance ever get hot and heavy? I don't get it.

That annoys me too, but I remember late last year/early this year, Ken Corday said that Stephanie, Max, Nick, and Chelsea were the future of the show. I believe it was in a preview he gave of future storylines for the year, including the Ireland plane crash. I'm not sure what happened with Chick, but he still seems fully invested in Stax. Additionally, they're the only young couple I can think of that hasn't had to deal with a serious interloper, they actually work through problems and face obstacles together, but no triangles. I wish more of the Days couples could be written like them, lol.
Edited by DolceDiMera, Aug 29 2008, 03:38 PM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Aug 29 2008, 03:29 PM
I thought the sensational thing was hilarious and the look on her face was priceless. I couldn't get mad at him for that. It was so cute. Their scenes today had it all. Great dialogue.. I so needed to hear those things John said to her! And her giving in and having sex was so human and I love his desire to protect her. Very 1986! Oh, and that couch scene was... WHOA!!! Shocked it made it past the censors! :laugh:
Great post! I totally agree. I loved the conversation so much. I loved that it was honest, it wasen't mushy, and she said what she needed to say as he said what he wanted to. Because things do change when you're facing something threatening and they both changed. And Marlena giving in his human, and I actually loved the look on her face when she realized what she'd just done. Marlena doesn't have one-night-stands, so I thought they did it very well. It was with John, but not really, yet still... Complicated. There's a connection but she's still mourning her husband, and she's confused.

And I loved the look on her face when he said "sensational!" It was so cute. Kind of like "Are you for real? Are you serious?"...

And the leg action? Kind of mindblowingly awesome. Though very, very suggestive!

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Sweet Sauce
Aug 29 2008, 03:58 PM
Jiggs
Great post! I totally agree. I loved the conversation so much. I loved that it was honest, it wasen't mushy, and she said what she needed to say as he said what he wanted to. Because things do change when you're facing something threatening and they both changed. And Marlena giving in his human, and I actually loved the look on her face when she realized what she'd just done. Marlena doesn't have one-night-stands, so I thought they did it very well. It was with John, but not really, yet still... Complicated. There's a connection but she's still mourning her husband, and she's confused.

And I loved the look on her face when he said "sensational!" It was so cute. Kind of like "Are you for real? Are you serious?"...

And the leg action? Kind of mindblowingly awesome. Though very, very suggestive!
Extremely! LOL

Kyrai

Sweet Sauce
Aug 29 2008, 03:58 PM
Jiggs

This ep WAS 'Sensational'! I loved every minute of it. D&D are beyond belief when given good material. They were just perfect.

I really really hope they keep going forward with this at this nice pace. Letting them get to know each other with bumps and trials, but no complete 180's. I'm afraid to get my hopes up, but I want to.

jules

Jiggs
Mason
Aug 29 2008, 03:08 PM

ITA! I loved their scenes today. The sex scene could have been a little longer, but I can't complain too much because the rest was so good. Deidre and Drake did a good job showing how confused but drawn to each other they are.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Tony, Anna, EJ, and Stefano's voice at the end were entertaining..And i enjoyed John and Marlena's scene before the sex, but that was ruined with John's sensational line..it was just too awkward...I did like the end with John kissing Marlena in front of the mansion and their shock that Stefano might be returning..

Chelsea had a couple of good lines...But that storyline is just awful..I'm just glad that Dan and Chelsea are finally done..I hope we don't have to see them in scenes together anymore, so it can be blocked out of our memories..

And i fastforwarded through Marlena's boring patient..

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Jiggs
Aug 29 2008, 01:23 AM
ladyofthelake
Aug 28 2008, 06:55 PM
I said "so" because I don't care who Marlena's twu wuv 4evah is. That's not an excuse to treat Roman like that. So.......? It's a bad character flaw in her. She does have them, you know. And mourning doesn't give anyone cart blanche to act tactless. It wasn't just at his "funeral', either. Marlena has a habit of acting like that to Roman, then running to him whenever she needs strings pulled.
You also forget Eugene's temporary marriage to Marlena, of course, to extend her twu wuv forevah status to Roman, I believe. And, you also forgot Alex North. And, let's not forget the MULTIPE times she's married the same guy. Yeah, that kinda ranks her right up there with Erica Kane, doesn't it? Very sad that such an EXPERT in psychiatry is a mess in her own life.
I can't say "twu wuv"... my lips cramp up.
Typing it is close enough.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Running commentary here while watching my recording:

I think John is exhibiting strange mood swings. I expect to see Charlie and Algernon at any time....
Gotta love Tony and Anna. Just gotta.(KEN CORAY, CONTRACT FOR LEEANN NOW WOULD BE GOOD)
(sorry for shouting)
Eve Plumb carries her age well and with grace. Good for her! And, she did an excellent job. Can't say much for her character's choice of counselors, though. I was just thinking back how many times over the years Marlena's had to cancel appointments because of her own crises.....Yeah, I'm slamming her. :D Awfully professional of her to walk to her office without letting anyone know. Course, it's awfully professional of Lexie to lose her, too.... :shame:
Yay for the end of Chan!!! :cheer:
Life is always good when EJ wears that shirt.
OK, OK, Marlena wasn't bad when she was mad. The lead-up to crusty couch sex wasn't horrible. It went downhill after "ooooh, John"...(not enough oxygen in the entire world for all that gasping)......
This is when I totally concentrated on checking my e-mail (with TV on mute. To FF would mean I would still have to actually WATCH it at fast speed. With mute means I could watch with peripheral vision to see when it was safe to come out again).
Jawn's voice reminded me of "Bugman" from Men in Black for some reason.
Still gotta love Tony and Anna!! They're the highlight of the show for me. That and EJ in his shirt.

Edited by ladyofthelake, Aug 29 2008, 06:37 PM.

hops
Member Avatar

Kyrai
Aug 29 2008, 04:34 PM
This ep WAS 'Sensational'! I loved every minute of it. D&D are beyond belief when given good material. They were just perfect.

I really really hope they keep going forward with this at this nice pace. Letting them get to know each other with bumps and trials, but no complete 180's. I'm afraid to get my hopes up, but I want to.
I completely agree. I thought Deidre and Drake were 'Sensational!'. I really loved the conversation leading up to the kiss in her office. I like how John is starting to understand what feelings are and what it feels like to love someone and how much he wants that. I loved that she saw the vulnerability in him and couldn't resist him (he was adorable). Wish we could have actually seen the couch scene, because you needed that after the build up. I also liked their scene outside the mansion and then inside when they realized that Stefano was moving in (well at least Marlena did, lol).

I hope we get to see all the ups and downs between them too. Hope we continue to go forward from here on in.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

hops
Aug 29 2008, 07:25 PM
Kyrai
Aug 29 2008, 04:34 PM

I completely agree. I thought Deidre and Drake were 'Sensational!'. I really loved the conversation leading up to the kiss in her office. I like how John is starting to understand what feelings are and what it feels like to love someone and how much he wants that. I loved that she saw the vulnerability in him and couldn't resist him (he was adorable). Wish we could have actually seen the couch scene, because you needed that after the build up. I also liked their scene outside the mansion and then inside when they realized that Stefano was moving in (well at least Marlena did, lol).

I hope we get to see all the ups and downs between them too. Hope we continue to go forward from here on in.
LOL!!! I loved the nod to history with the Strega. Remember that scene in '86 when Anna and Marlena said in unison "Stefano DiMera" after John mentioned he wanted a shot of Strega?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply