Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week Of 8/25
Topic Started: Aug 25 2008, 12:51 PM (5,203 Views)
Kyrai

Jiggs
Aug 29 2008, 07:38 PM
hops
Aug 29 2008, 07:25 PM
Kyrai
Aug 29 2008, 04:34 PM
This ep WAS 'Sensational'! I loved every minute of it. D&D are beyond belief when given good material. They were just perfect.

I really really hope they keep going forward with this at this nice pace. Letting them get to know each other with bumps and trials, but no complete 180's. I'm afraid to get my hopes up, but I want to.
I completely agree. I thought Deidre and Drake were 'Sensational!'. I really loved the conversation leading up to the kiss in her office. I like how John is starting to understand what feelings are and what it feels like to love someone and how much he wants that. I loved that she saw the vulnerability in him and couldn't resist him (he was adorable). Wish we could have actually seen the couch scene, because you needed that after the build up. I also liked their scene outside the mansion and then inside when they realized that Stefano was moving in (well at least Marlena did, lol).

I hope we get to see all the ups and downs between them too. Hope we continue to go forward from here on in.
LOL!!! I loved the nod to history with the Strega. Remember that scene in '86 when Anna and Marlena said in unison "Stefano DiMera" after John mentioned he wanted a shot of Strega?
Yep, I thought of that too as soon as I saw the Strega.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

This week was GREAT and Fridays epi,even though the love scene was too short it was YOWZA.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I thought the John/Marlena scene was weird. John walks in, Marlena is cold, wants him gone, almost has him kicked out, he is acting like he owns her/wants to protect her, he can't seem to say anything right, she really wants him to go/doesn't seem like she wants anything to do with him....then he says something and she fawns and next thing you know, they are screwing on the sofa?
I thought the lead up was confusing as I didn't see it coming at all.
I thought sensational was cute, and when he said "I knew I would win" or something like that, I just cringed. I can see why Marlena doesn't really like him.
So are they are couple or not? Marlena agreed to stay with him ONE night? Yeah, right. John isn't going to believe a word she says after this.

EJ and the comments about the shirt are hilarious! He looks like he was about to bust out of that shirt...and when you saw him in the foyer of the mansion, he looked like a bum. Which was refreshing. THat man is always in a suit, so it was neat to see him in flip flops.
Seems like EJ is one step ahead of John and Stefano. Tony just doesn't seem to get it. Loved Anna.
This Dimera conflict with a 4 egomaniacs should be so awesome! Can't wait to see what happens with them all.

Whoever said that RM is phoning it in with the Chan breakup is right on target. The whole reveal has been a let down, and RM isn't doing it justice. I guess you could say she is being mature, but this is Chlesea we are talking about.

All in all, a good show.

I am about to evacuate (live in New Orleans and a big hurricane is coming) so God knows when I'll be back or get to watch the show again. I hopefully will be able to log on and read recaps for next week so please keep 'em coming and detailed. I don't want to miss any of my Dimera action!

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Tripp
Aug 25 2008, 03:19 PM
Ok, first....
ginababe
Aug 25 2008, 01:25 PM
Die Chan Die!

HEE!

And then I loved the Nick/Melanie interaction today. They have Nick going back to the Fallonator days where he thinks fast on his feet, can come up with fast cover stories and he looked really hot in his white jacket. (heh). I also loved Molly's performance where she seems to inflect some soft touches where it looks like she is sincerely attracted to Nick on some level. Hopefully TPTB won't fuck this up.

I actually liked Stax today.

I hope we now know for sure Melanie is not Nicole's daughter since we had no reaction of her name from AZ.
Hey, Marlena doesn't remember carrying around twins in her womb, nor does she seem to care.

What if Nicole thought her baby died at birth or Trent told her she had a stillborn son?

mesagirl
Member Avatar

Alligato
Aug 30 2008, 11:22 AM
I thought the John/Marlena scene was weird. John walks in, Marlena is cold, wants him gone, almost has him kicked out, he is acting like he owns her/wants to protect her, he can't seem to say anything right, she really wants him to go/doesn't seem like she wants anything to do with him....then he says something and she fawns and next thing you know, they are screwing on the sofa?
I thought the lead up was confusing as I didn't see it coming at all.
I thought sensational was cute, and when he said "I knew I would win" or something like that, I just cringed. I can see why Marlena doesn't really like him.
So are they are couple or not? Marlena agreed to stay with him ONE night? Yeah, right. John isn't going to believe a word she says after this.

EJ and the comments about the shirt are hilarious! He looks like he was about to bust out of that shirt...and when you saw him in the foyer of the mansion, he looked like a bum. Which was refreshing. THat man is always in a suit, so it was neat to see him in flip flops.
Seems like EJ is one step ahead of John and Stefano. Tony just doesn't seem to get it. Loved Anna.
This Dimera conflict with a 4 egomaniacs should be so awesome! Can't wait to see what happens with them all.

Whoever said that RM is phoning it in with the Chan breakup is right on target. The whole reveal has been a let down, and RM isn't doing it justice. I guess you could say she is being mature, but this is Chlesea we are talking about.

All in all, a good show.

I am about to evacuate (live in New Orleans and a big hurricane is coming) so God knows when I'll be back or get to watch the show again. I hopefully will be able to log on and read recaps for next week so please keep 'em coming and detailed. I don't want to miss any of my Dimera action!
Stay safe Alligato!

I thought the show was ok this week. I actually enjoyed the "kids" heh. I think Melanie will give Days some of the kick that it needs back. Still hating on Stuncle though. I loved when Melanie called them cousins... if she only knew! And yeah I agree, trying to make us forget they are uncle and niece once again by saying that they met on the race track... stupid.

Glad that Chan is history. Very interesting how it played it... not the same Chelsea at all. She was way more pissed off when she found out that Nick and Billie did the nasty. She was almost non chalant about it, and I was surprised that she didn't reference Nick and Billie.

Thrilled that I didn't have to gag on Ejami that much this week as well. I hope Lucas gets at least partial custody of Allie.

I wasn't thrilled however with the Jarlena sex scene. What was that? I felt bad for Jarlena fans. One second they kiss, then commercial, then "that was sensational!". :shrug:

Ellie

I know I'm a little late to the party here, but about Friday's show, I actually thought the J&M scenes were constructed very well. The beginning parallel scenes with J&M served to illustrate how vulnerable and scared each was. John was running around the hospital shouting at everyone because he couldn't find Marlena (lol at his "sorry for my lack of SOCIAL SKILLS" line to Lexie), and Marlena was flashing back to the attack at her house after her receptionist merely suggested Marlena might want to go home. Then, Marlena's patient made Marlena focus even more on the fact that she has to take control of her life now. I thought the use of the 'paralyzed' analogy was a nice touch. When John finally found Marlena, Marlena was more determined than ever to tell John she wanted to start fresh without him, and John was more determined than ever to protect Marlena. Their argument escalated perfectly, with John's breaking down first and telling Marlena how much he cared for her. I liked Marlena's line about "It's too late now" - she knew that by giving in to John, she'd be going against her decision to cut ties with him. But then when he opened up to her even more, she realized that she cares for him just as much as he cares for her. The next step really did seem like a hug and then a kiss, and that's exactly what happened. As for the couch, lol - it had been established that J&M are physically attracted to each other, and where they had just talked about what happened in the tent, I thought it made sense that one thing led to another and that's where they ended up.

The performances were also first-rate. I was cracking up as Marlena asked John if he'd considered this a challenge to him, and he said, "YES!", then quickly changed that to, "NO!". Drake and Deidre have such good chemistry, and even in the argument scene before J&M kissed, John's halting, serious tone was a perfect match for Marlena's fiery accusations. They could not have played it any better.

Also, for the J&M aficionados out there, the dialogue contained multiple lines reminiscent of 1993 and 1986 scenes. Oh, and did anyone else notice at the end how John took the cigar from the box and put it in his jacket pocket? Too funny.

As for the rest of the show.... kudos to the little guy who plays Theo. Very talented kid. I liked the preschool scene with Chelsea and Theo very much - Rachel Melvin's performances always seem so natural. As for Tony and Anna... I've seen this discussed elsewhere, but I liked 'nicer Tony', not Andre. I hope the writers aren't turning Tony into a villain again.

Kyrai

Ellie
Aug 30 2008, 11:46 PM
I know I'm a little late to the party here, but about Friday's show, I actually thought the J&M scenes were constructed very well. The beginning parallel scenes with J&M served to illustrate how vulnerable and scared each was. John was running around the hospital shouting at everyone because he couldn't find Marlena (lol at his "sorry for my lack of SOCIAL SKILLS" line to Lexie), and Marlena was flashing back to the attack at her house after her receptionist merely suggested Marlena might want to go home. Then, Marlena's patient made Marlena focus even more on the fact that she has to take control of her life now. I thought the use of the 'paralyzed' analogy was a nice touch. When John finally found Marlena, Marlena was more determined than ever to tell John she wanted to start fresh without him, and John was more determined than ever to protect Marlena. Their argument escalated perfectly, with John's breaking down first and telling Marlena how much he cared for her. I liked Marlena's line about "It's too late now" - she knew that by giving in to John, she'd be going against her decision to cut ties with him. But then when he opened up to her even more, she realized that she cares for him just as much as he cares for her. The next step really did seem like a hug and then a kiss, and that's exactly what happened. As for the couch, lol - it had been established that J&M are physically attracted to each other, and where they had just talked about what happened in the tent, I thought it made sense that one thing led to another and that's where they ended up.

The performances were also first-rate. I was cracking up as Marlena asked John if he'd considered this a challenge to him, and he said, "YES!", then quickly changed that to, "NO!". Drake and Deidre have such good chemistry, and even in the argument scene before J&M kissed, John's halting, serious tone was a perfect match for Marlena's fiery accusations. They could not have played it any better.

Also, for the J&M aficionados out there, the dialogue contained multiple lines reminiscent of 1993 and 1986 scenes. Oh, and did anyone else notice at the end how John took the cigar from the box and put it in his jacket pocket? Too funny.

As for the rest of the show.... kudos to the little guy who plays Theo. Very talented kid. I liked the preschool scene with Chelsea and Theo very much - Rachel Melvin's performances always seem so natural. As for Tony and Anna... I've seen this discussed elsewhere, but I liked 'nicer Tony', not Andre. I hope the writers aren't turning Tony into a villain again.
Wonderful post. I agree with your J&M analysis completely. I did notice the historical references, but didn't notice the cigar. I'll have to re-watch again now. Thanks! :D

Interesting you mention Tony. I love him as 'Tony' and felt he was more like Andre as well Friday, especially how he was with Anna. He was so wonderful and sweet with her during the hospital scenes. I was like, 'What in the world?' I hope they're not making him Andre or Andre-like either.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Ellie

Oh Ellie, I love you to pieces. Wonderful post, you said all I wanted to say. It did escalate beautifully and I thought the performances were so excellent, it flowed naturally and I couldn't take my eyes off them. Especially when they got to Marlena asking John if he was saying he loved her. Because a part of her was shocked, a part of her really wanted that answer to be yes.

And I did notice the historical flashes, LOVED THEM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I know the sex scene was short, but damn Marlena was all sprawled out on the couch. The way she moved the cover over her area when John got up I was surprised it was that racy, at least to me.

Looking forward to Tuesday's show

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Kirk
Aug 31 2008, 11:43 AM
I know the sex scene was short, but damn Marlena was all sprawled out on the couch. The way she moved the cover over her area when John got up I was surprised it was that racy, at least to me.

I forgot the show isn't on monday..bummer..

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Kirk
Aug 31 2008, 11:43 AM

And it's unusual for J&M. They usually have under-sheets, romantic scenes. And I liked that it was different because they're not really John & Marlena.

I really didn't want Marlena to sleep with this John, but the way they did it, it was very belivable and understandable. And the look on her face when she realized what just happened. Awesome.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Sweet Sauce
Aug 31 2008, 12:37 PM

I really didn't want Marlena to sleep with this John, but the way they did it, it was very belivable and understandable. And the look on her face when she realized what just happened. Awesome.
I think it's hilarious that they keep having sex despite all the craziness going on between them. They've always had a very sexual connection and I'm so glad they are showing that. I can wait for the falling in love part to happen slowly. The scene was racy, real and funny!

cjknick
Member Avatar

I so dislike the John and Marlena couch scene - distasteful! It reminded me of crusty couch Lumi sex from last Dec.

cjknick
Member Avatar

I so dislike the John and Marlena couch scene - distasteful! It reminded me of crusty couch Lumi sex from last Dec.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Ellie
Tony used to be a grey character, him not acting completely good now does not mean he's becoming an evil psychopath like Andre, everything does not have to be in black and white.

koos

Friday was like a whole week's worth of episodes crammed into one. Marlena's missing from the hospital ... John goes looking for her ... He finds her ... They "reconnect" and have the quickest soap sex ever ... They break up. WTF? Some things NEED to be fleshed out. And, it wouldn't have hurt to actually SEE some of the damn sex! This bullshit of showing 1.5 seconds of smooching and then after-sex is ridiculous. Back in the '90s, I remember seeing actual thrusting on broadcast TV. Like, chick bouncing up and down on some guy's... eh, you get the picture. I mean, they didn't show any actual skin or anything, but still.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

They broke up? Did they have something to break up?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Friday was a very good show (Yes, I know I'm really late LOL)

I enjoyed seeing Tony and Anna back and loved them moving in. Love Stefano's stuff showing up and the end with the phone call. I didn't think Tony was acting like Andre at all. I just think he wants to change things. He wants the empire to be what he thinks it should be and he is sick of being tied to something that evil. Loved his scenes with EJ and the interaction with J&M at the end.

Plumb was pretty good. I wouldn't mind seeing more of her or more of Marlena with her patients. One thing I regret is the dropping of Victor and Marlena's sessions. I feel like focusing more on Marlena without John or any guy is needed right now. Focus on her profession and her children. The Marlena I saw in the scenes with Plumb was the Marlena I love. Strong, independent...I just loved when she told John she didn't need him. The use of Plumb's character was clever. I like how it reiterated to Marlena what she must do and the paralysis angle was a nice touch.

I did like John's scenes with Lexie and his desperation to protect Marlena. The scenes in the office with him and Marlena were good and I did like his "sensational" line. His reaction and her's were hilarious. I'm not a love scene person so I could care less about that. Enjoyed the scenes nonetheless.

Kate/Daniel/Chelsea was a waste. Glad it's done. The only time I felt Melvin's performance was in the last scene with Theo. She was good there, as was the little actor playing Theo. I must admit that ending a Friday episode on that scene bothered me until I looked back at the episode as a whole and found that Theo saying "Ouch? and Chelsea nodding, saying "Big ouch" was a way of tying the episode together. Chelsea had her heart broken, Stefano returned shattering the aspirations of John/Tony/EJ and worrying Anna, and Marlena was hurt again by John. It kind of fit so, I guess I'm saying the end scene made more sense after I thought about it.

Good way to end an ok week. I have watched tomorrow's episode and I will say it was REALLY GOOD!!

koos

Are they ever going to clarify (AGAIN) that Stefano's not Tony's biological father? Or do these writers even know that? I swear Tony's calling him "father" a lot more than he did last year.

Mason
Member Avatar

koos
Sep 2 2008, 10:20 AM
Are they ever going to clarify (AGAIN) that Stefano's not Tony's biological father? Or do these writers even know that? I swear Tony's calling him "father" a lot more than he did last year.
Last year, when Tony returned from the island, it was made clear that he was not biologically Stefano's son. Now whether or not Higley's actually sticking to that? It's anyone's guess, I suppose.

3 users reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply