Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nelson Ratings — GH/Y&R/Big Brother/Emmys; TVGC
Topic Started: Aug 25 2008, 12:55 PM (838 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

LINK: The Nelson Ratings
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Thanks Nelson! LOL So glad you added the BB stuff.

Kenny
Member Avatar

"And I think every network should have it in every head writer’s contract to watch Big Brother each season. It’s the perfect soap — and it’s real life."

Absolutely!

Backstabbing and deceit. Power struggles. Catty bitches. Dramatic blowups and alcohol-driven meltdowns. Usually we have a good showmance to root for. We even have the villain vs. the good guy. It's the perfect soap!

LoL @ GH being the most painful show on television. I haven't watched it in a long while. Is it really that bad now?

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

And thanks to America's Player and HOH; it's UNPREDICTABLE!

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

AP suck big time! HOH & POV are fun.

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

I'm SO with you on the Amber/Daniel love. They are easily the best, most rootable couple in soaps right now, bar none. And this coming from someone who detested Amber last year.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Big Brother? There are actually people over 13 that like that white trash show? The day soaps becomes like BB is the day I will stop watch.

Mason

Sindacco
Aug 25 2008, 02:00 PM
Big Brother? There are actually people over 13 that like that white trash show? The day soaps becomes like BB is the day I will stop watch.
For the longest time, I felt the exact same way (although I still wouldn't consider BB a soap), but after watching it this season, I've become hooked! I can't really explain it other than to say it's just so damn addictive, LoL. It's one of those things where you actually have to watch it to understand why people like it, really.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Hmmm... I respect your opinion; cool beans. Me? I'll take a smart, mental game of chess any day over women being raped, hysterical pregnancies and/or paternity riddles, and violence on GH! And the BBers — are way better actors than most soapers!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Well that's kind of rude, LoL.

You don't have to like the show, but to insinuate that people who watch it are immature idiots is kind of shitty. As for calling it "white trash," that's not true. They have trashy black folks, too! And even trashy Asians sometimes. :P

Kenny
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Aug 25 2008, 02:05 PM
Hmmm... I respect your opinion; cool beans. Me? I'll take a smart, mental game of chess any day over women being raped, hysterical pregnancies and/or paternity riddles, and violence on GH! And the BBers — are way better actors than most soapers!
Right on.

Big Brother is like a chess game. Mental... always having to think two steps ahead and shift your pawns accordingly. It's a much more interesting process to watch than the same "Who's The Daddy" bullshit on soaps and monkey nurses.

Mason

Kenny
Aug 25 2008, 02:06 PM
As for calling it "white trash," that's not true. They have trashy black folks, too! And even trashy Asians sometimes. :P
:lol: :iloveyou:

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Sindacco
:eyeroll:

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Kenny
Aug 25 2008, 02:06 PM
Sindacco
Well that's kind of rude, LoL.

You don't have to like the show, but to insinuate that people who watch it are immature idiots is kind of shitty. As for calling it "white trash," that's not true. They have trashy black folks, too! And even trashy Asians sometimes. :P
And it's not like people don't consider soaps to be the same as well.

Kenny
Member Avatar

darraholic
Aug 25 2008, 02:14 PM
Very true.

For people to say that Big Brother viewers are immature white trash is no different from people saying that soap viewers are immature white trash. Both are untrue. People always have these pre-conceived notions about what "types" of viewers watch certain shows.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Speak for yourself, I am white — well, Portuguese — trash! LOL! And proud of it.

Soap just means CONTINUING DRAMA... there's no artistic judgment on it; it's just a form of storytelling. It's a reality soap!

Kenny
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Aug 25 2008, 02:24 PM
Speak for yourself, I am white — well, Portuguese — trash! LOL! And proud of it.

Soap just means CONTINUING DRAMA... there's no artistic judgment on it; it's just a form of storytelling. It's a reality soap!
Yes. When I think "soap," I think "serialized drama." Drama that continues from episode to episode with a flowing story. Not self-contained. Big Brother definitely fits that description.

"Tune in tomorrow for the continuing story of Another World..."

"Who will be evicted from the Big Brother house? And how will the houseguests react when they learn that it's a Double Eviction week? Tune in Wednesday, on Big Brother!"

Really, is there any difference? LoL

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

BB's casting directors really need to cast soaps! They know how to find the freaks!

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Kenny
Aug 25 2008, 02:19 PM
darraholic
Aug 25 2008, 02:14 PM
Very true.

For people to say that Big Brother viewers are immature white trash is no different from people saying that soap viewers are immature white trash. Both are untrue. People always have these pre-conceived notions about what "types" of viewers watch certain shows.
BB averages like 7 million viewers each night.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Good stuff, Nelson.

I'm with you on GH. It's just a mess.

Good picks for supporting actor. I agree about JPL. He's done good work this year. Not sure about him wanting to submit anything from the 1968 stuff. That may be looked at as too much. We all know the Emmy's hate that kind of shit. They looked down on Days for years because of it. I hated the story so I wouldn't consider anything from it award-worthy. Too Passions-like for me and too much messing with history. Can't wait until it's over. I will say I agree about Austin Williams. He has been great as young Spencer. he plays creepy well. He would've been a much better Micheal then Dylan Cash. I do like Austin as Shane anyway, though.

As for BB, I don't watch. Not because I hate it. I don't have the time and I've tried in the past and just couldn't get into it but I do think it falls in line with a soap. It has that continued storytelling and the people on it do seem...interesting, to say the least LOL. Maybe soaps could use a few of those people to spice things up :laugh: . They wouldn't even have to act. Just write them as themselves and it should be good. :laugh: .
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Aug 26 2008, 01:33 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply