Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor 17: Gabon; Official Thread (no spoilers!)
Topic Started: Aug 26 2008, 05:36 AM (4,636 Views)
Manny
Member Avatar

I'm on a little Survivor overload right now, since I have watched like 5 other Survivor seasons this summer, but I am still excited! :D

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pearly
Member Avatar

Manny
Sep 25 2008, 05:11 PM
And God, please don't let Grey's Anatomy crush Survivor tonight. :D
A-men for DVRs!!

Hey Manny, do you do the Fantasy Survivor??

Manny
Member Avatar

I don't do Fantasy Survivor, but I wanna do it! :lol: I wanna do anything Survivor related! Tell me more, please! :D :D

KMan101
Member Avatar

Yay! It starts tonight!! Hope I'm not disappointed! It will be hard to follow the greatness that was China and Micronesia.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pearly
Member Avatar

Manny
Sep 25 2008, 05:47 PM
I don't do Fantasy Survivor, but I wanna do it! :lol: I wanna do anything Survivor related! Tell me more, please! :D :D
Click here and then register.

Manny
Member Avatar

KMan101
Sep 25 2008, 05:53 PM
Yay! It starts tonight!! Hope I'm not disappointed! It will be hard to follow the greatness that was China and Micronesia.
I know! That's why I am so worried. I actually loved Panama and Cooks, so it's actually 4 GREAT seasons in a row and that's why I think this one might be bad... especially since Jeff said that he has a feeling this year's people are pretty stupid when it came to game play. Which I know I will HATE if it's true! lol

Pearly
Member Avatar

I just started a Tribe under the name Daytime Royalty!!

Manny
Member Avatar

Okay, I registered. So how do I find your tribe now?

Manny
Member Avatar

I don't think I can play Fantasy Survivor. Probably because I'm not from USA. I keep logging in and it won't accept it.. :(

Pearly
Member Avatar

Manny
Sep 25 2008, 06:14 PM
I don't think I can play Fantasy Survivor. Probably because I'm not from USA. I keep logging in and it won't accept it.. :(
Oh....pooh! Nevermind then....

Where do you live?

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

WTF no discussion yet?

I actually quite enjoyed the 2 hour premiere.

I'm okay with both boots lastnight. Michelle was a total bitch and I really couldn't stand that sour face on her. And I was shocked by how coldly she threw Ken under the bus with him at the challenge. Gillian was sweet but it was obvious how weak she was.

Here's some thoughts of the other players...

Ace: Thought he was quite good. I could see him winning this game even though he's on the outside of his tribe.

Bob: I could see him going quite far. He seems very liked by the rest of his tribe.

Charlie: I find him hilarious. It's hilarious watching his mega crush on Marcus.

Corinne: She's trying to hard to be the bitch of the season.

Crystal: I was shocked she struggled in the first challenge. But I really do like her.

Dan: I really liked him as well. It would of sucked if he got voted out for not having the idol.

CG: Kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

Jacquie: A bit boring. But she did good by alligning with Bob/Corinne/Charlie/Marcus

Sugar: Can't stand her. That laugh makes me want to strangle her.

Kelly: WHO? Seriously, was she even on lastnight?

Ken: One of my favorites on the red tribe. Hopefully, he can survive.

Marcus: I totally see him flirting with Charlie to help him out in the game. He's my early pick to win the game.

Matty: Annoying.

Paloma: She was sweet with the little airtime she got.

Randy: Ugh I couldn't stand him lastnight. Easily my least favorite.

Susie: She seems nice but she's probably a goner soon.

AndyAMC
Member Avatar

I just gotta say --- Dan and Marcus are HOT. My new TV crushes. So glad Dan didn't get the boot.

Great start so far....could be a great season.

For some reason, the noise kept messing up throughout the eppy. Don't know why.

Manny
Member Avatar

Wow.. no many comments?!

Darrah, loved your comments! :D And I gotta say, I kinda agree with most of what you said! And OMG, seriously, Kelly who!? Everyone got some airtime except her. I don't even know how she looks like. She's blond, right?

Okay, but first thing first.

Tribe division. Seriously, Fang annoyed me right away! Gillian picks Crystal, Crystal picks Susie?!? WTF?! SUSIE?! I was even shocked that Gillian picked Crystal, but then Susie?! I wanted them to lose just because of that.

The only person I actually like on the Red team is Kenny. And to some extent Dan. I was shocked when they started considering voting him off. Although, I am impressed how the Red team made their hook. Nice job! Oh and I don't mind GC actually. It was funny how everyone blamed him for stepping off of the leader position, when no one else wanted to be leader either.

Yellow team is great. I love Charlie/Marcus/Corrine/Jackie alliance. Charlie is hilarious! :lol:

Challenges have been kinda mah so far though.

And Jeff wore a GREEN shirt, not a blue one at the tribal! That doesn't happen often! lol

It was an okay premiere. Hope it gets even better. I'm fine with who left, although I would have voted Gillian off first.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I loved the 2 hour premiere as well. Gabon is a beautiful, wild setting for Survivor. I'm glad Michelle & Gillian got voted off, I kinda liked both, but if on the show, I would've voted both off as well. My faves so far are Bob, Crystal, Dan & Marcus. I kinda like Charlie, but he does grate on my nerves at times. I also like Jacquie & Corinne and G.C.
Quote Post Goto Top

jcar03
Member Avatar

I think Feng is going to be the worse team we have seen on this show since the team a few years ago that lost every mission. Not only do they lack physical strength they lack common sense and I don't find that many likeable. I know Michelle bitched a lot but she was a much better physical asset then Gillian.
Edited by jcar03, Sep 27 2008, 06:27 PM.

Manny
Member Avatar

jcar03
Sep 27 2008, 06:27 PM
I think Feng is going to be the worse team we have seen on this show since the team a few years ago that lost every mission. Not only do they lack physical strength they lack common sense and I don't find that many likeable. I know Michelle bitched a lot but she was a much better physical asset then Gillian.
I think I will agree with this. Fang Tribe seems awful and I do think they will be decimated by Kota.

Manny
Member Avatar

I've heard rumors that Survivor 18 (which should air Spring 09) would be in Brazil.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Ooh. Brazil. Cool.

I enjoyed the premiere. The opening theme is gorgeous.

Charlie is so annoying. Beyond annoying. I don't think any player has ever annoyed me as much. His crush on Marcus is horrifying. I feel bad for Marcus. Charlie is almost stalker-ish.

Corinne surprised me. I never expected her to be in the supposed core alliance. I predicted (well before the show) Marcus, Charlie and Jacquie but I figured they'd latch onto Sugar and lead on Ace for a while. Could still happen, I suppose. I totally pegged it though. Bob's impressed me. I never thought I would think he could actually make it past the early stages. Unless there's a swap, of course. Who knows what can happen.

Michelle was a nasty bitch. I was so glad to see her go first.

Crystal's surprised me. She, IMO, has taken the reigns of her tribe and is definitely calling the shots. Dan's screwed. I think they'd even keep Susie over him. I think the tribe better watch Susie, something about her just screams sneaky.

Randy was a hoot. I thought for sure he'd be annoying but I found his attitude actually refreshing. Matty seemed stoned the entire time. I like him though. GC was grating. I think he's a moron. Ken was also a little annoying but not too bad.

Kelly, Paloma and Susie were all ignored almost completely in terms of confessionals. Had Paloma and Susie not gotten airtime (Paloma upset with Ace and Susie strategizing reluctantly with Gillian) they wouldn't of even seemed to have been in the episode. The lack of development shows why this show should just stick to 16. There was no need to ever have 18.

I actually like Marcus. Way more than I expected to. His types on this show usually annoy me and I root AGAINST them, but he seems pretty genuine and normal.

Sugar's pretty cute, actually. I sense a bit of an underdog story with her.

Gillian and Michelle going didn't surprise me in the least. I'm kind of iffy on who I think could go next but if Kota loses, Kelly or Paloma's toast while on Fang, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Dan got booted, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were Susie, either.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

I LOVED tonight's episode.

Still don't care for the Fang tribe but I'm glad they were able to bounce back. GC or however he calls himself is beyond annoying. I really only like Dan, Crystal & Susie on Fang.

Kota is way more interesting though. Corinne is a total BITCH. I can't wait until she goes into full bitch mode. I felt bad for Paloma. She was very sweet but she was outnumbered big time. Kelly's probably next to go since she was the only other person who voted for Ace. Jacquie is so so BORING. But she reminds me so much of Tina from Australia.

And I LOVE Sugar after tonight. I'm so rooting for her to go all the way. I loved how she got the hidden idol. Hopefully, she goes far.

downwhtone
Member Avatar

I HATE Ace. I really wanted him to go home tonight. I think his accent is fake too. I thought Poloma was funny and cute. Hopefully they send Ace home next week. Or if the other team loses next week, it's time to boot GC. He's a total idiot.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply