Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tidbits from Burlington fan event
Topic Started: Aug 26 2008, 07:26 AM (3,630 Views)
Jonatha

http://boards.soapcentral.com/showthread.php?p=7703040#post7703040

Scroll down to read more posts.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

Quote:

Ed Scott was discussed, the entire cast is very disappointed about his departure and feel the "Wrong person was let go".

HAHA. Higley is so a goner. How can Corday expect Higley to save this show when the actors don't even have faith in her.

Thanks for the link Jonatha

Jonatha

darraholic
Aug 26 2008, 09:20 AM
Quote:

Ed Scott was discussed, the entire cast is very disappointed about his departure and feel the "Wrong person was let go".

HAHA. Higley is so a goner. How can Corday expect Higley to save this show when the actors don't even have faith in her.

Thanks for the link Jonatha
Yes, I love it, I love how the cast is speaking out! Good for them. It must be pure hell to go on set everyday with the obvious tension going on. I hope, hope, hope James Scott does re-sign since his contract negotiations are coming up. Although I totally understand his not liking the direction of his character going.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Yeah, I loved James dig as well with Higley.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Jonatha!

I think the cast just wants good storyline and direction ... none of this wishy washy stuff - back and forth back and forth back and forth. Especially with the characters of EJ and Sami - my gosh are those two characters bio-polar!

I'm kind of surprised they are in contract negotiations already with James since his contract isn't up until May '09 .... I wonder why? I wonder if they think they will lose him if they don't nail him to a contract now????
Edited by cjknick, Aug 26 2008, 11:10 AM.

Jonatha

cjknick
Aug 26 2008, 11:07 AM

I think the cast just wants good storyline and direction ... none of this wishy washy stuff - back and forth back and forth back and forth. Especially with the characters of EJ and Sami - my gosh are those two characters bio-polar!

I'm kind of surprised they are in contract negotiations already with James since his contract isn't up until May '09 .... I wonder why? I wonder if they think they will lose him if they don't nail him to a contract now????
CJ, I'm not sure if James' contract is in negotiation right now. I'm just reading what the poster said about the fans having asked him about his status on Days. Your guess is as good as mine. This is what the post says: (Courtesy of SoapCentral link posted above).

More on James's contract negotiation, according to those in attendance, someone asked him whether he would resign with the show, he told them (not exact wording here) that it wasn't about the money, he's been very unhappy with the writing of his character over the past 6 months, and whether or not he resigns I am assuming would be based on whether or not he can get some reassurance of better writing to come for his character, but from his other comment about currently being happy with the story direction, there may still be hope for all you James Scott/EJ fans!! He also mentioned that nothing is certain right now and there has been a lot of chaos backstage w/ all the firing and hirings, and until things settle down, nothing is certain.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Aug 26 2008, 11:16 AM
cjknick
Aug 26 2008, 11:07 AM

CJ, I'm not sure if James' contract is in negotiation right now. I'm just reading what the poster said about the fans having asked him about his status on Days. Your guess is as good as mine. This is what the post says: (Courtesy of SoapCentral link posted above).

More on James's contract negotiation, according to those in attendance, someone asked him whether he would resign with the show, he told them (not exact wording here) that it wasn't about the money, he's been very unhappy with the writing of his character over the past 6 months, and whether or not he resigns I am assuming would be based on whether or not he can get some reassurance of better writing to come for his character, but from his other comment about currently being happy with the story direction, there may still be hope for all you James Scott/EJ fans!! He also mentioned that nothing is certain right now and there has been a lot of chaos backstage w/ all the firing and hirings, and until things settle down, nothing is certain.

Thanks Jonatha!

daysfan
Member Avatar

Despite what people say about Corday loving Higley, which I do think he does, I still think she's gone. I know Corday is the ultimate owner of the show and all but you can tell too many people are against her or just don't care for her.

Alligato
Member Avatar

thanks for sharing, Jonatha!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I've been saying it since her blog entry in June where she indicated being unhappy, Higley is a goner. We will be seeing a new HW by sweeps. Mark my words. The fact that the cast and crew is unhappy is no surprise. We all knew they liked Ed Scott. Higley is not long for Days for sure.

As for Scott, despite my being sick of Lucas/Sami/EJ, I would hate for him to leave. He's too talented. He brings a sophistication to the show. I'm glad they are already talking with him about staying.

Thanks for this, Jonatha!

cjknick
Member Avatar

I think the only actors that should be happy right now are Drake and Ari - Higley sure likes writing for the nujohn and Nicole.

ginababe
BANNED

I think if they were to drop Higley, it would be dealt with very quietly. Meaning I think they would promote one of the current Co-writers to head writer status and simply let go or (pay Higley off :lol:). I don't think DAYS can afford anymore big blowups at this time.

cjknick
Member Avatar

ginababe
Aug 26 2008, 01:59 PM
I think if they were to drop Higley, it would be dealt with very quietly. Meaning I think they would promote one of the current Co-writers to head writer status and simply let go or (pay Higley off :lol:). I don't think DAYS can afford anymore big blowups at this time.
It's either that or let it blow all at once and get over with it! I think Corday is paying off the contracts of other head writer's that he's fired in the past 3 years what's one more?

ginababe
BANNED

LMAO, I know right! Oh if Corday only had a brain ..sigh..

FanODays

Contracts are meaningless on Days, just ask Ashford, Pinson and Madison. Corday's word is also meaningless and has been for a long while. He is turning into a joke of a human being.

Right now I have no enthusiasm for the show whatsoever and that is very sad for me. I thought about watching my recording of yesterday's show after Hilary was done but I just didn't want to.

ginababe
BANNED

Well imo while MA and JP are big players in daytime, I will admit, DAYS wasn't in as much trouble then they are now, and they can't afford to lose any of their big draws, which whether you like him or not, includes James. I would hope for not only my sake, but for the show's as well, they would do everything that was needed to be done to keep James at DAYS and keep their word to him, because I have no doubt that if James does sign a new contract w/ DAYS it will include an out if he doesn't like how his character has been written. And I think he's earned that right, of course that will be those who disagree, but I wouldn't expect anything less.
Edited by ginababe, Aug 27 2008, 10:44 AM.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I'm tired of the EJ character but losing James Scott would probably hurt.

cjknick
Member Avatar

darraholic
Aug 27 2008, 10:48 AM
I'm tired of the EJ character but losing James Scott would probably hurt.
The character of EJ is popular .... if nothing else this character has the "buzz"

Look at these sony polls!

http://boards.sonypictures.com/soaps/showthread.php?t=120890
Which character/actor would you miss the most if they left Salem?
James/EJ is leading in the field of the younger characters ....

Phillip/JKJ 12 17.14%
Lucas/Bryan 9 12.86%
EJ/James 26 37.14%
Chloe/Nadia 1 1.43%
Sami/Alison 12 17.14%
Nicole/Ari 6 8.57%
Stephanie/Shelly 1 1.43%
Chelsea/Rachel 3 4.29%
Morgan/Kristen 0 0%
Max/Darin 0 0%

http://boards.sonypictures.com/soaps/showthread.php?t=120658
Do you like the character of EJ?
Yes - Love Him 90 64.75%
No - Still Hate Him 37 26.62%
No opinion 12 8.63%

Similar poll for Lucas!

http://boards.sonypictures.com/soaps/showthread.php?t=120690
Do you like the character of Lucas
YES!!!!!!!!!!! 59 45.74%
NO!!!!!!!! 54 41.86%
On the Fence..... 16 12.40%

Note that on the sony polls you can only vote once! and the Sony board has been in the past a very pro-lumi board.

My guess is that TBTP would like to keep James!

Edited by cjknick, Aug 27 2008, 11:14 AM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

First of all it's the Sony board, it means shit. Second, why did you post a poll about Lucas when the discussion was about James/EJ?

daysfan
Member Avatar

I'm not a massive fan of James/EJ, although he is okay, but I think it'd do some big damage to Days if he left. At least for awhile. Because the EJami and EJ fanbases are gigantic they'd probably revolt. I mean I feel that to be unfortunate but its just how it is IMO.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply