Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor 17: Gabon -- Cast Announced!; 2 Hour Premiere Thurs Sept. 25th!
Topic Started: Aug 27 2008, 09:47 AM (625 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

RED TRIBE
Posted Image
Randy Bailey a 49 year old videographer from Eagle Rock MN (applied 13 times)

Posted Image
Crystal Cox, a 29 year old Olympic athlete from Durham, NC

Posted Image
Matty Whitmore, a 29 year old Personal Trainer from Pacific Palisades, CA

Posted Image
Dan Kay, a 32 year old lawyer from Walpole, MA

Posted Image
Michelle Chase, a 24 year old music production assistant from Los Angeles, CA

Posted Image
Danny "G.C." Brown, a 26 year old maintenance supervisor from Portland, OR

Posted Image
Susie Smith, a 47 year old hairdresser/teacher assistant from Charles City, IA

Posted Image
Gillian Larson, a 61 year old retired nurse from Temecula, CA (raised in South Africa)

Posted Image
Ken Hoang, a 22 year old video gamer from Westminster, CA
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

YELLOW TRIBE

Posted Image
Paloma Soto-Castillo, a 24 year old student from Downey, CA

Posted Image
Charlie Herschel, a 29 year old lawyer from New York, NY

Posted Image
Jacque Berg, a 25 year old medical device sales rep from Santa Barbara, CA

Posted Image
Corinne Kaplan, a 29 year old pharmaceutical sales rep from Los Angeles, CA (she's the bitch this year, BTW)

Posted Image
Ace Gordon, a 27 year old fashion photographer from Naples, FL (raised in London)

Posted Image
Marcus Lehman, a 28 year old doctor from Atlanta, GA (this year's arrogant prick, BTW)

Posted Image
Jessica "Sugar" Kiper, a 29 year old actress from Brooklyn, NY

Posted Image
Kelly Czarnecki, a 22 year old in retail sales from Buffalo Grove, IL

Posted Image
Bob Crowley, a 57 year old physics teacher from South Portland, ME

Edited by KMan101, Aug 27 2008, 10:10 AM.

Manny
Member Avatar

Looks good! So that Ken Huong, the gamer, that's the guy that Probst was talking about. He said they loved him from the start! Thanks, Shawn!!

Oh, could someone join this thread with the already Survivor: Gabon thread? Or you guys think we should have two?
Edited by Manny, Aug 27 2008, 10:00 AM.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Danny had better represent us Danny's good. Kind of weird someone has my mother's name as well Corinne. Danny & Corinne F2 plz.

Manny
Member Avatar

Why Danny?

I'll make a guess that Charlie will win.. :P :lol:

KMan101
Member Avatar

SOURCE:
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20221152_20221155_20221313,00.html

Tribes were decided by the shitty school-yard pick-em (never really bodes well for a Survivor season, just so you know). Exile Island is of course back but this time you can choose to either get a clue for the idol or you can choose to pretty much get a luxury stay on Exile Island (bed, etc.).

Quick rundown on Probsts thoughts:
Jessica -- very emotional and naive
Ace -- like a Bond movie villain who dies a horrible gruesome death at the end
Corinne -- a self proclaimed "uber-bitch"
Ken -- Jeff's favorite; Ken thinks his gaming experience makes him ideal for the game
Kelly -- young and probably ends up annoying (OMG!!)
Randy -- "crochety and clever" and tries to give Jeff a hard time at Tribal Council
Crystal -- she has a mouth and her dilemma is what to say she does for a living
Charlie -- Jeff pretty much wonders if the boy has a backbone big enough for the game
Paloma -- "sassy and cute". Probst makes a big statement on her picking the right alliance
Danny -- typical fish out of water
Gillian -- charm is her strength and she'll need it because she likes to constantly remind them all she grew up in South Africa
Matty -- "one of the most endearing guys" they've ever had. Jeff thinks he'll be a favorite this year
Jacque -- a "dark-horse". She's fit and charming. Jeff seems to hint or think she'll hook up with a guy
Dan -- Nice guy. Means well but can't shut up
Susie -- a mom who likes to talk. Jeff doesn't seem to see her as an ideal alliance partner (she "goes with the wind")
Marcus -- a physician who likes to remind them he is. Huge threat to win the game. "Hero" (A.K.A. ARROGANT!)
Michelle -- a wild-card. she's "very small and young"
Bob -- "he's the oldest guy out there and unfortunately it usually works against them" Jeff thinks he could be a huge asset if they aren't foolish enough to vote him out (translation: they probably are)

darraholic
Member Avatar

I could do without Exile Island. And I'll be uber pissed if we go back to the Final 3.

King
Member Avatar

Looks good!

Still a little too many able bodied hotties, but I won't be greedy!

KMan101
Member Avatar

Oh man, I'll be SO pissed if we go back to F3 after Cirie got robbed in Micronesia

Manny
Member Avatar

The 18 contestants competing this fall on Survivor: Gabon—Earth’s Last Eden for the series' 17th cycle include an Olympic gold medalist, a Gilmore Girls actress, and a professional video game champion, EW.com has learned exclusively. Crystal Cox, who won gold at the Athens Games in 2004 as part of the 4x400m track relay team, is the biggest name on the roster this season, which premieres with a two-hour episode on Sept. 25. Also among the fresh faces is Jessica “Sugar” Kiper (Gilmore Girls fans may remember her as the pin-up model who made out with Milo Ventimiglia during her four-episode arc as Shane) and Ken Hoang, the current international champion of Nintendo’s Super Smash Brothers Melee video game. There will also be a prominent international presence, with contestants who have lived in South Africa (Gillian Larson), London (Ace Gordon), and Chile (Paloma Soto-Castillo).

As for the format, the biggest twist of Survivor: Gabon involves Exile (formerly Exile Island). “When you go to Exile this time you can either get a clue that will help you find the hidden immunity idol, or you can get ‘instant comfort’ — a nice thing to sleep on, some food, some fruit,” explains host Jeff Probst. “Depending upon the time, we’ll make the temptation bigger and bigger. The idea was to see if anybody would be dumb enough to choose comfort over the only thing that guarantees you to stick in the game, which is immunity.” Okay, did it work? “By the time this season is over, you can make the case that maybe this is the dumbest team when it comes to idol play.”

to Also for the first time ever, Survivor: Gabon will be shot entirely in HD. “If you’re a Survivor fan and you have HD, it will be a completely different show,” Probst promises. “When you incorporate the wildlife, it’s kind of like being in a Spielberg movie. I mean, it’s so real-looking that it’s exciting and scary.” And that wildlife Probst speaks of will come into play when elephants visit a tribe camp. “A truly real, raw moment of a wild animal that’s not in a park or some protected area,” Probst says.

The contestants of Survivor: Gabon will be divided up into two tribes at the very outset by a good old fashioned schoolyard pick ’em, which will immediately lead to the contestants’ first challenge. And while there are no hardcore “showmances” this time around, Probst does tease that one player proves particularly popular: “Marcus, the doctor from Georgia — one of the most arrogant guys that we’ve had on the show — he at one point had three people after him. And not only women.”

Manny
Member Avatar

Oh no! No F3, please!!

And I love this twist with clue or comfort on Exile! But in this article, Jeff says that this is probably the dumbest group when it comes to game play. I won't like that, I can tell!

Manny
Member Avatar

BTW, this could be our spoiler thread. Although, I don't plan to follow spoilers when the show starts, but if someone wants to..

darraholic
Member Avatar

I've grown not to trust Probst's remarks.

Manny
Member Avatar

I'm gonna make a guess that Bob and Gillian are the first to go from their teams.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I hope Gillian lasts. She just needs to pretend to be from California and she'll be safe.

Manny
Member Avatar

darraholic
Aug 27 2008, 10:29 AM
I hope Gillian lasts. She just needs to pretend to be from California and she'll be safe.
:lol:

After what Probst said about this being the dumbest group when it comes to game play, I'll probably be disappointed in this season.

darraholic
Member Avatar

That's why they should stop casting MACTORS. They should only cast fans of the show.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I kinda already plan to be.

After China and Micronesia, I'm prepared for a let-down (and gee, both had tribes picked FOR them)

I also dread and despise school yard pick'ems.

Thailand had it -- sucked
Palau had it -- sucked
Fiji had it -- sucked
Cook Islands had it -- sucked

It only really worked in Panama -- Exile Island and even then we had one tribe dominate over the other, although I love Panama, so ...

And in saying "sucked" I'm not saying the season per say, but overall, the results sucked. One tribe dominated, the other sucked (so I'm expecting the non Myspace tribe this season to do well, which I guess I could be happy about since I like all of them on the off-set, but the other tribe looks to have the most personality on it).

I don't see Bob, Kelly or Susie going far. Dan's a toss up. Michelle's a toss up. Crystal's a toss up. Gillian's a toss-up. Ace and Randy seem like they'd be screwed if a swap happened or especially in a merge. I want Marcus and Corinne to go far just because of the fireworks they'll probably cause. I don't like that it sounds like the entire season pretty much could be all about Marcus.

Yeah, just random musings but we'll see how right I am based on just gut instict (and Probst pretty much calls this cast "dumb"). I sense a Palau redux.

My random, means nothing initial impressions and I DO NOT KNOW ANY SPOILERS! Just wanted to clarify
Jessica -- I sense her going far
Ace -- screwed in the long-run
Corinne -- toss up. depends on her true personality out there. does she mask the bitchiness? is she weak? strong?
Ken -- probably lasts a while
Kelly -- probably out early
Randy -- screwed in the long-run
Crystal -- probably early out ("names" usually fizzle), although her tribe needs her strength
Charlie -- probably does well (I call him latching onto Marcus and Jacque)
Paloma -- I doubt she goes far
Danny -- probably does well enough
Gillian -- toss up. if her tribe does well without a swap before the merge, she's ok, but I can't see her going too far, I'd love to be proven wrong though1
Matty -- not sure, probably does well enough (seems like the typical nice-guy juror booted right after the merge)
Jacque -- probably does well if she gets a solid alliance (merge)
Dan -- could be out early if he's REALLY annoying. Toss up.
Susie -- either her or Gillian will probably last. I'm betting on Gillian unless both get screwed by a tribe that never wins
Marcus -- probably in the finals
Michelle -- toss up. unless she has an alliance, she's probably screwed in the long run
Bob -- in a cast of probable "dumb players" he is screwed

KMan101
Member Avatar

Let me elaborate ... Ace and Randy fit the typical "strong leader type" that gets screwed either in a merger situation or a tribal swap.

Kelly, Paloma, Jessica and Michelle all seem "small, sassy and cute" and I can't see all four of them going far. Kelly seems the most screwed if she has an annoying personality. Michelle and Jessica both have potential. I'd like to see Paloma probably go far but I'm not feeling her. Jessica seems more like the type to have a solid alliance that pretty much drags her through the game. Michelle seems like the usual "sweetheart that makes merge and is screwed". Paloma and Kelly are likely the early sweethearts who get the boot for being annoying or weak.

Susie, Gillian and Crystal are all similar, IMO. I can't see all three going far. I just find it so hard to see Crystal lasting. I really don't know though. She reminds me SO much of Jolanda (Palau) and Ashley (China). Susie, I just do not see long-term written on her. And it's been a while since we've had a "mother/grandmother" figure go far, so I'm thinking Gillian could last but you never know.

Dan, Matty and Charlie all seem similar to me. Charlie probably latches onto a few strong players and then tries to overcome them. Dan likes to talk. A lot, apparently so I doubt that bodes well for him. Dan and Matty are likely merge fodder, the good-looking athletic guys who get screwed because they aren't in the majority.

Danny seems like a normal bet to go far. These types (fish out of water) usually do and he'll probably have a good story arc. Ken also seems like a normal bet to go at least near the merge. Either goes far or likely out right at the merge, or before it.

Marcus and Jacque will probably hook up and go far together, annoying all of us. I'm prepared to dislike both of them.

I think we'll see Marcus, Jacque, Charlie and Jessica hook up.

Bob's screwed because I predict his tribe will be stupid enough to vote him out, thus initially screwing them.

NO clue about Corinne.
Edited by KMan101, Aug 27 2008, 11:06 AM.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I've been spoiler free now since Fiji. It's much more fun.

My thoughts so far on the cast...

Randy: Seems okay. He seems like a fan of the show so hopefully he doesn't disapoint.

Crystal: She seems pretty cool. I hope she doesn't get pimped though. I hate when Survivor pimps certain players.

Matty: Seems very annoying.

Dan: Lawyers could be fun but seems rather cocky.

Michelle: Seems like a typical mactor. I wouldn't be surprised if she's the Darrah/Jen/Becky/Stacy of the season and has no air time.

Danny: I think I'll probably hate him. He seems annoying.

Susie: She's probably one of my favorites. She reminds me of Sandra.

Gillian: I want to root for her because of her age. Hopefully, she's not as useless like Scout.

Ken: Seems decent.

Paloma: Seems fun. I think I'll like her.

Charlie: Reminds me so much of Todd. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the villain of the season.

Jaque: Seems sweet. A tad boring though.

Corinne: I have a problem with her saying she'll be the bitch. True bitches are in total denial. I have a feeling she'll be like Natalie from last season. UTR and then all of a sudden become catty.

Ace: Looks rather annoying.

Marcus: I already don't like him. I see him lasting though.

Jessica: Hopefully she's like Courtney.

Kelly: Another UTR girl.

Bob: Meh he'll either go early or far.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply