Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Another DAYS Shake-up; Ken Corday Speaks - SOW article added
Topic Started: Aug 27 2008, 07:13 PM (5,920 Views)
Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Steve Frame
Aug 29 2008, 12:28 PM
Priscilla Pointer was only on for like 1 or 2 days either right before Kate Woodville or right after. She wasn't on long at all. Very briefly. Almost like a temp player.

I had at first last night forgotten about kate Woodville. My sister-in-law and I were talking about Pointer the other night and she remembers her too.
That would explain a couple of us not remembering Ms Pointer in the role! I remember Kate Woodville well because she reminded me of a Nun who was my 8th grade teache!r When KW was playing Marie there was a scene where she mentioned to someone that she loved mysteries! My teachr used to mention that as well but there was a physical resemblance! There was a resemblnce to Pointer also IMO!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

BTW, Steve, do you or your S-I-L remember the shortlived doctor character and his daughter whom I wrote of? I can picture the actor who later played a bad guy at Y&R but I can't remember ANYTHING about the daughter character and it's driving me NUTS!

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I can remember who you are talking about too, but can't remember the name. I remember the man more than I do the daughter.

I will do some investigating.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Oh I had no real problem with Pointer or Woodville except for the fact they seemed too old for Marie - well to me.

I could have not seen either one of them play the transformation of Marie that Lanna Saunders did when she first left the convent and got involved with Neil.

I remember them dressing Marie like she was still in the convent. All of her blouses would be buttoned to the top button, and she wore her hair in like a bun. I remember one scene where she was dining with Neil and he reached over and unbuttoned her top button and then let her hair down.

It was a great way to use that in the story and transformation of the character.

Fancy

I don't think anyone ever called Hogan the best fit for Days with the best stories ever. The thing I loved about Hogan and his team more than anything else was the dialogue. I think the dialogue they gave us was pretty awesome, and I loved hearing the characters speak like adults with brains again. That's what I gave cheers for, more than anything

Thank you. I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought that.

morlock sevigny

Grandpa Hughes.

The characters you are referring to are Dr Walter Griffin and his daughter Patty,played by William H Bassett and Cindy Fischer.

These were Ann Marcus characters,right?

She seemed to introduce a lot of characters that went nowhere:

Karl & Sharon Duvall

Fred & Jean Barton

Days already had so many characters at that time.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

From what I have read in the past Ann Marcus had a hard time at Days even though she did win an Emmy. She was more or less forced to use Pat Falken Smith's outlines which she along with Betty Corday got sued for.

So she never really got to use her stuff.

I had forgotten about Griffin at first but I googled him just now and he was the one that diagnosed Alice's cancer in 1977.

"Alice and Tom had to share the grief of their eldest daughter's diagnosis of leukemia and in 1974, things got worse when Addie was hit by a truck trying to push her pram with Hope in, out of the way. In 1977, Alice was shattered when she discovered that she had cancer from Dr. Walter Griffin. Alice's faith in God was tested greatly, everyone was shocked as Alice was a good and honest woman and it was surprising that this could ever happen to her as a good Christian woman. However, Alice's son Bill (who was a doctor) discovered that it was mis-diagnosis, as Dr. Griffin had been too hasty as his wife died from cancer. Later in the year, Tom had a heart attack and Alice's daughter Marie who was now a Catholic nun, returned home to care for Tom, this left Alice jealous, but Alice managed to overcome the envy."

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Steve Frame
Aug 29 2008, 06:37 PM
I can remember who you are talking about too, but can't remember the name. I remember the man more than I do the daughter.

I will do some investigating.
I would really appreciate that! If the guy had been on when it was Lanna Saunders, I would say I was thinking of Jessica early on but this was before her! It was an odd little subplot which I couldn't see going anywhere as far as a forbidden love sort of thing!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Steve Frame
Aug 29 2008, 06:40 PM
Oh I had no real problem with Pointer or Woodville except for the fact they seemed too old for Marie - well to me.

I could have not seen either one of them play the transformation of Marie that Lanna Saunders did when she first left the convent and got involved with Neil.

I remember them dressing Marie like she was still in the convent. All of her blouses would be buttoned to the top button, and she wore her hair in like a bun. I remember one scene where she was dining with Neil and he reached over and unbuttoned her top button and then let her hair down.

It was a great way to use that in the story and transformation of the character.
I totally agree that the other two actresses wouldn't have been right for that story with Neil or even Alex Marshall for that matter! Lanna Saunders gave Marie a vulnerability that Kate Woodville didn't have and I couldn't see Pricilla Pointer projecting not to mention the ages! I couldn't even imagine Marie Cheatham doing those scenes at that point!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

morlock sevigny
Aug 29 2008, 10:05 PM
Grandpa Hughes.

The characters you are referring to are Dr Walter Griffin and his daughter Patty,played by William H Bassett and Cindy Fischer.

These were Ann Marcus characters,right?

She seemed to introduce a lot of characters that went nowhere:

Karl & Sharon Duvall

Fred & Jean Barton

Days already had so many characters at that time.
YES!!THANK YOU! I knew it was the actor and I had "Fred Griffith" in my mind when it was Walter GRIFFIN! LOL! Now that you named Cindy Fischer, I can remember Patty! Man, I don't usually have problems remembering characters or actors from that era but those two really did go nowhere! I probably got the Fred from Jean Barton's abusive husband! I DO remember them and their son and that storyline! The Sharon and Karl Duvall storyline got squashed IMO because of Sharon's attraction to Julie! I don't remember a Bi-sexual or Lesbian storyline ever being shown on Soaps before this and it pre-dated the AMC storyline with Donna Pescow which is always called the first time Daytime Tv approached the subject! I remember Sharon being played by Sally Stark and that the character attempted suicide when a horrified Julie rebuffed her advances!

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Aug 27 2008, 07:21 PM
ljacks13
Aug 27 2008, 07:13 PM
He chose Higley’s. “I feel very positive, only because Dena will not be second-guessing herself now,” notes Corday. “She will not pulling punches to make anyone happy but herself and the viewers. The big story she has in place is great and she wants to turn that loose right now. It’s wonderful.”

Okay i admit, i'm a little scared..Higley with free reign on the show is not a good thing..
That's the scariest thing I've read since I knew Reilly was coming back last time.

The only worse thing that could be said other than Higley's saying is that Reilly is returning.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply