Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Fierce Fall Predictions and Previews; TVGC
Topic Started: Aug 27 2008, 08:46 PM (1,471 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/Special_Features/Fall_Preview_2008/Articles/080811_soaps_NB
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

hunterforrester
Aug 27 2008, 08:46 PM
GREAT STUFF, Nelson! Thanks for the treat! One complaint! No news on Martha Byrne?

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

That's my point Grandma/pa NO ONE IS HIRING HER OR WANTS HER! WTF!

Mason

hunterforrester
Aug 27 2008, 09:06 PM
Why give a role to someone like Martha when they could give it to some talentless underwear model? :hmmph:

annalee003
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Aug 27 2008, 08:46 PM
I loved it. Super funny.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

hunterforrester
Ummm, sorry Nelson!I should have been clearer in my weak attempt at humor! I got your point and was joking with you about it! I thought it was hilarious! And it's DEFINITELY "PA"! :wave:

MaterialGurl
Member Avatar

Thanks nelson :D I love your commentary it always puts a smile on my face. Love the Ken Corday one :wink: calling JER!

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Listen, pa Can i sit on your lap and discuss Byrne's future? LOL!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

hunterforrester
Aug 27 2008, 09:16 PM
Listen, pa Can i sit on your lap and discuss Byrne's future? LOL!
"CLIMB upon my kNEEE, SONNY BOYYYY!!" Anytime! I only wish that someone would GIVE her a future!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Mason
Aug 27 2008, 09:07 PM
hunterforrester
Why give a role to someone like Martha when they could give it to some talentless underwear model? :hmmph:
It really IS a heartbreaker! I think of her early years on ATWT and the way she made you care about this "poor little rich girl" and how she made Rose a COMPLETELY different person! It's a crime that she's out of work!

downwhtone
Member Avatar

Great article, Nelson! You had me dying laughing!

Hypnotoad

Another good one.

sungrey

Nelson, I know this is satire, but you should be hung by the b***s for even suggesting JER return to Days.

Ahh, just messing with you. Nice job!!!

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

LOL! Sungrey I agree with you BUT you just KNOW Corday thought of that! Scary...

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

It is a shame that some of the actors leave a soap and are hired the next day. And then you have real talents like Julia Barr, Martha Byrne, and Martha Madison and nothing. Or even Renee Elise Goldberry.

I know with Julia Barr and Martha Byrne - price has to be a big thing. but it is still sad that there is no place for them in the soap world.

And you know that age plays in there with both of them too. The writers just don't want to write for characters that age anymore.

Martha would make a spectacular replacement for Beth Ehlers at GL but I doubt she would work for P&G again.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

That was hilarious!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

LoL, this is great!

"Blah, blah, blah... it depends on who's writing the show this week."

"Daniel Kasnoff."

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

What's funny is that Martha Byrne is *younger* than Beth Ehlers. Byrne is only 38 (will be 39 in Dec.) while Ehlers just turned 40. Byrne is also actually a full year younger than Noelle Beck. One thing to keep in mind about hiring is that some performers don't even try for another soap once they leave their long running roles (at least not right away). REG, I believe, has been very busy with stage work. I think she's currently on Broadway as part of the final cast of Rent. Some performers simply change course with their lives and start on entirely different careers. Maybe Byrne hasn't actively sought out another role and is focusing on her music career. Just because *we* think they should be on another show doesn't always necessarily mean *they* want to be on another show. Just playing devil's advocate and throwing that out there. lol

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Nelson thanks for the great laugh. I so needed it after a crappy day.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Nelson, the Days stuff made me LOL. Thanks for posting! :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply