Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: An Abbott Finally Comes Home
Topic Started: Aug 28 2008, 01:35 PM (1,438 Views)
Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Rhiannon
Aug 28 2008, 01:35 PM

Eileen Davidson, who originated the role of Ashley on Y&R in 1982, will be returning to Genoa City for good on September 26. The actress was let go in late 2006, but was snapped up by B&B to play the same character and crossed over to Y&R now and then. "She's going to have a huge story," hints an insider.
THAT is GREAT news! I was really hoping for this and after she was put on "recurring" status at B&B, I knew she probably wouldn't be shown much at ALL on that show! Thanks for posting that!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Drew
Aug 28 2008, 10:02 PM
I kinda hoped it would have been Traci, though I know that prolly wont happen.
I've enjoyed the actress in the few times she's been back! It's always like Traci never left the way Beth Maitland gets right back into character!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

MTSRocks
Aug 28 2008, 10:11 PM
^^^After Traci's last brief appearance I would love for her to come home. Beth Maitland has such a natural and warm presence to her.
Oh man! She really impressed me with the scenes at John's hospital death bed! She just tore into those scenes like it was 1985 and she had never been away! The show has a chance to explore so much history with Brad and Lauren and I like the dynamic between Jack and Traci! She brings something different to the Abbott family than Ashley does! And Colleen could have her mother to confide in!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Drew
Aug 28 2008, 10:15 PM
she's the heart of the Abbott family, especially now that John is dead. I dont feel they've been the same without her
EXACTLY! There is something refreshing about having a character who is just GOOD without being boring! I always thought Jerry Douglas accomplished that as John and the same holds true for Beth Maitland's Traci!

Manny
Member Avatar

AWESOME NEWS! I am still away, so I'm happy to peak in here and find this great news! Now please bring back Traci back for good as well! Abbotts are so much better than Newmans (even though I like Newmans as well). But like someone says, Traci is the heart and she should be back.

As for Ashley, I'm sure her storyline will be with Victor. Which could be very good. I can't wait. I'm excited about Y&R.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply