Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Suds Report Which GL star has been fired...; ... and replaced with an ABC-er?
Topic Started: Aug 29 2008, 12:15 PM (2,861 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

The Economist: Is GL still on the air?
Ellen Wheeler: Not if I can help it.
TeleNext Publicity: [interjecting] What she meant to say is GL is the best soap opera on air. And Nelson Branco is a communist.
EW: What he said.
The Economist: You invented a new production module, but you sacrificed story. Some would say that's career suicide.
EW: I build houses freak, freak, freak, freaking freak in New Orleans. I can do whatever I want.
The Economist: And they're better looking sets than GL has.
EW: Barbara Bloom. Barbara Bloom. [begins weeping before Telenext PR gives her another pill]
The Economist: Why are your actors leaving in droves.
EW: The devil. Devil is inside them! Only Ellen, er, love can save the world. [Begins laughing like the Joker in BatMan] I should be playing Reva... HAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA
The Economist: Check please!
Telenext: And here's our check for doing this story. I'll write it myself and you can print it. Tata....
Edited by hunterforrester, Aug 31 2008, 08:17 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Aug 31 2008, 08:15 PM

EW: The devil. Devil is inside them! Only Ellen, er, love can save the world. [Begins laughing like the Joker in BatMan] I should be playing Reva... HAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA
:lol: :lol:

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Soap Opera Digest: Hi Ellen! What a grrreat job you're doing! [utters to assistant] "get me on the Days or GH beat now!"
EW: A soap magazine? Alan Locher, I only do mainstream press! Where are my dolls? In the valley?
SOD: So.... Reva and Jeffrey, huh?
EW: Who?
SOD: Your biggest super couple?
EW: Jonathan and Tammy?
SOD: No, um, so how many fingers I am holding up [raises three digits]
EW: [begins weeping] Five? WHERE ARE MY PILLS?

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Most of this will be in NR tomorrow I've created a new feature; IMAGINARY CONVERSATIONS... With Ellen Wheeler; next week? Dena Higley!

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

LOL! Do Denna next week.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

And it'll be written by Ed Scott!

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Let the fireworks begin!

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

Or if Ed Scott needs a day off, Sami can take over!
Edited by hunterforrester, Aug 31 2008, 11:16 PM.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Nelson is love

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

hunterforrester
Aug 31 2008, 04:34 PM
The NY Times: It's nice to met you, Ellen.
Ellen Wheeler: [breaks down in tears]
The NY TImes: Are you going through menopause?
EW: [flings herself on the floor, and continues to weep] I feeeeel things.
ROTFLMAO!! And then she lights a Votive Candle and talks about her new and efficient "Production Model"! "No one knows WHAT this is!"

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

hunterforrester
Aug 31 2008, 08:15 PM
The Economist: Is GL still on the air?
Ellen Wheeler: Not if I can help it.
TeleNext Publicity: [interjecting] What she meant to say is GL is the best soap opera on air. And Nelson Branco is a communist.
EW: What he said.
The Economist: You invented a new production module, but you sacrificed story. Some would say that's career suicide.
EW: I build houses freak, freak, freak, freaking freak in New Orleans. I can do whatever I want.
The Economist: And they're better looking sets than GL has.
EW: Barbara Bloom. Barbara Bloom. [begins weeping before Telenext PR gives her another pill]
The Economist: Why are your actors leaving in droves.
The Economist: Check please!
Telenext: And here's our check for doing this story. I'll write it myself and you can print it. Tata....
:funny: This is BETTER than GL! :hail:

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

hunterforrester
Aug 31 2008, 11:16 PM
Or if Ed Scott needs a day off, Sami can take over!
You are on FIRE!!!! Go Nelson GO!!!

~bl~
Member Avatar

Nelson...I'm nodding and giggling. But where is the ABC/Frons is the devil speech from her?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Rick
Aug 30 2008, 02:19 AM
Steve Frame
Aug 29 2008, 10:04 PM
If you are older and want to work you will go where work is.

I heard some of Shirley Jones friends ridiculed her for going to Days or to soaps at all because they saw it as a step down.

I have also heard from a source that Betty White was told the same about B&B though.

Why do you think that some stars like Larry Bryggman won't even list their soap credits on their resume. Soaps of any kind are just not respected at all.

but when you are out of work and want to work or need a paycheck you do what you have to do to get one.

With all that said, I would love to see Stuart Damon as Alan. I have hated Ron Raines as Alan from day one. He will never be the right fit for Alan to me.
So true Steve.

I read that Julianne Morris (Ex-Greta, DAYS) was up for a role of Kandi on Two and a Half Men and she used DAYS/Y&R on her resume and the role went to April Bowlby whose only previous credit was a guest role on CSI :shame:
That's too bad. I love Morris and she can do great comedic work, as her time on Days showed.

Good stuff, Nelson. Your hilarious :laugh:! Can't wait for the imaginary conversation stuff. Clever idea and should be fun.

As for the ABC star, I love Raines but would adore Stuart Damon coming in for him. Can't see it though. My bet is maybe it's Josh Duhon coming over. Can't think of who would be fired from GL though and my feeling is that whoever is coming from ABC has to be someone who maybe got fired recently and had some buzz to them. Duhon's firing had a bit of buzz. We'll see.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply