Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Galen Gering could be headed for Salem!; YAY
Topic Started: Aug 30 2008, 11:31 PM (6,828 Views)
Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

FanODays
Aug 31 2008, 06:44 AM
King
Aug 31 2008, 12:58 AM
Please for the love of God NO! LOL!

What is with daytime's attraction to this man?

He has had serious talks with GH, Y&R, and now DAYS, if this is true.

I do NOT get it!
I think you need to see him in person because he is stunningly handsome. I truly think that he may just be the best looking man in daytime. So what if he can't act, the execs seem to think that doesn't matter.
Seriously, I am so sick of "pretty" actors who can't act. Since we can't trust the writing on this show to remain good, a good "actor" can really help overcome crappy writing.

course I don't know this guy. If he is really that bad, then I don't want him.

Does anyone think he could fit into that Marc role we saw opposite "Nicole?" Course I thought that was just a day player however (but then lately some of their day players have been actors who had larger parts on other soaps).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Really,I love him,don't bash him too much,he did his best with what he got on PASSIONS,he survived James Reilly so I give kudos to anyone for that.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

Maybe he'll be the new love interest for Sami! :laugh: Maybe be the new Brandon? Free up EJ for Nicole! :lol:

Actually if he does join the soap, we all know who would be gunning for him. Chelsea. Afterall she seems to fall in love with every new guy that steps foot in Salem. :tounge:

Kyrai

MaterialGurl
Aug 30 2008, 11:42 PM
Please no!
That is exactly what I first thought.

And still do. Please no.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Aug 30 2008, 11:34 PM
How exactly did Mary acquire this information?
I don't know who this dude is, but I'd like to know the answer to this, too, Mason. Who is Mary, and what are her connections?

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Dr. Rake needs to step in here -

DOOL has a lot of shitty actors. Don't even get me started....

Galen CAN act. I've seen good stuff from him. It is not the cast members fault that they had to repeat the same shit for the past fucking nine years.

Dayzfan
Member Avatar

We don't need anymore refugees from other soaps

Kenny
Member Avatar

Rakesh198
Aug 31 2008, 12:54 PM

Galen CAN act. I've seen good stuff from him. It is not the cast members fault that they had to repeat the same shit for the past fucking nine years.
If you're a decent actor, you can rise above the shitty writing and still present some decent acting. Galen can't play angry, he can't play sad, he can't play happy. "Constipated" is his only emotion.

As for Days having shitty actors... I agree, they have their clunkers. But that doesn't mean we need to throw another one in the mix.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Kenny
Aug 31 2008, 01:07 PM
Rakesh198
Aug 31 2008, 12:54 PM

If you're a decent actor, you can rise above the shitty writing and still present decent acting. Galen can't play angry, he can't play sad, he can't play happy. "Constipated" is his only emotion.
I will admit that when he returned to Passions, it was like his acting when downhill. Before that, IMO, he was going a good job.

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

i guess you all never watched galens gut wrenching scenes thru the years when sheridan got shot when she was buried alive pulling her out of a coffin

she she was missing when the boat blew he made me cry watching luis's pain

when his mother was dying when his father came back
from being missing

i think so many just hated passions so they translate this to each actor if galen does join DAYS or any other soap i think many will be SO SURPRISED

my self didn't like certain actors / characters than
changed my mind and they became my favs

Kenny
Member Avatar

jeanneshuis
Aug 31 2008, 01:13 PM
i guess you all never watched galens gut wrenching scenes thru the years when sheridan got shot when she was buried alive pulling her out of a coffin

she she was missing when the boat blew he made me cry watching luis's pain

LoL, Jeanne, I saw all of that. I wasn't impressed. Different strokes for different folks. I'm glad you're a fan and I'll be happy for you if he joins Days, but as for me, myself and I... I'm just not a fan.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

DOOL NEEDS Lindsay! It will keep DOOL's ratings up.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Rakesh198
Aug 31 2008, 01:25 PM
DOOL NEEDS Lindsay! It will keep DOOL's ratings up.
Well, if Lindsay couldn't keep Passions ratings up, I sincerely doubt that she'll keep Days ratings up, LoL. But I agree with you that she's amazing and I would shit my pants with excitement if she joined Days. She's such a perfect dramatic soap actress. I remember when Passions first began, from the very beginning I saw Theresa Lopez-Fitzgerald as the Erica Kane of the new generation, and I've always thought that she had potential to become a mega soap superstar. She was awkward in the beginning, but I knew she had major potential.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I think Lindsay will rock as a bad ass Dimera. I wanna see her slapping Sami. LOL!

Edited by Rakesh198, Aug 31 2008, 01:49 PM.

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

i just love all the passions cast my favs galen mckenzie eric so i do hope they all get on other soaps many of my fellow passions fans are having hard time not seeing them after 9 yrs
we have our tapes yes but would love to see them as different characters

i have watched soaps for over 38 yrs
loved many super couples

but SHUIS is my all time fav that is due to going to events the last 7 yrs meeting the them

i have also met ali bryan arienne other days /yr stars
soap casts are awesome

plus if galen does join days i can stlll go to events since its in LA i live in san diego

;)

Mason
Member Avatar

Sooo, I'm guessing we're not gonna get an answer to our question?

flowerpower

I wouldn't be so quick to say he is a bad actor, because I've seen ALOT of BAD acting on this show. He's not bad, it seems like none of you want to give him a chance.

I'm all for giving anyone a chance when they come to a show I like. I don't immediately go back and look for the "garbage" that they had in their previous acting job or jobs. It seems to me that there are alot of people out there who get Emmy nods and awards and they are really bad. GG is NOT a bad actor, apparently you guys didn't watch all of his work on Passions. I admit the last year or two he did get bad but that's because I think his storyline was crap and they changed the direction of his character from when he first started.

Give the guy a break and a chance if he does come, it's sad that you can't look past your limited vision apparently. If this was the case then ALL of us would be in the same boat, because we all have been BAD at something in our jobs/lives/careers.

I also wonder if these are the fans who constantly put him down the whole time he was on Passions, and you will know who you are because you were fans of other couples and couldn't see the chemistry that he had with MW.

Anyway that's my say, to give anyone a chance because don't we all deserve that in the long run?

flowerpower

Mason
Aug 31 2008, 02:33 PM
What was the question you were looking for an answer too?

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

flowerpower
Aug 31 2008, 03:23 PM
Mason
Aug 31 2008, 02:33 PM
What was the question you were looking for an answer too?
Quote:

How exactly did Mary acquire this information?
- Mason

jcar03
Member Avatar

I always get annoyed when people get all up in arms and go "What is DAYS thinking" when we don't even know if this information is true. He could of been on the lot for other reasons.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply