Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Galen Gering could be headed for Salem!; YAY
Topic Started: Aug 30 2008, 11:31 PM (6,692 Views)
flowerpower

Rakesh198
Aug 31 2008, 03:25 PM
flowerpower
Aug 31 2008, 03:23 PM
Mason
Aug 31 2008, 02:33 PM
Sooo, I'm guessing we're not gonna get an answer to our question?
What was the question you were looking for an answer too?
Quote:

How exactly did Mary acquire this information?
- Mason
Ok, I understand what you are asking now.

As a longtime viewer of both Days and Passions I have seen Mary give out very good reliable information over the years. I think she knows someone on the set or something like that. She's usually always good on what she says.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

flowerpower
Aug 31 2008, 03:22 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to say he is a bad actor, because I've seen ALOT of BAD acting on this show. He's not bad, it seems like none of you want to give him a chance.

I'm all for giving anyone a chance when they come to a show I like. I don't immediately go back and look for the "garbage" that they had in their previous acting job or jobs. It seems to me that there are alot of people out there who get Emmy nods and awards and they are really bad. GG is NOT a bad actor, apparently you guys didn't watch all of his work on Passions. I admit the last year or two he did get bad but that's because I think his storyline was crap and they changed the direction of his character from when he first started.

Give the guy a break and a chance if he does come, it's sad that you can't look past your limited vision apparently. If this was the case then ALL of us would be in the same boat, because we all have been BAD at something in our jobs/lives/careers.

I also wonder if these are the fans who constantly put him down the whole time he was on Passions, and you will know who you are because you were fans of other couples and couldn't see the chemistry that he had with MW.

Anyway that's my say, to give anyone a chance because don't we all deserve that in the long run?
I watched him for 8 years on PASSIONS, and never once was I particularly impressed with his performances, even on the rare occasion that the material was there. I'd say I've given him a pretty damn good chance to change my opinion of his acting. But that's just me.

Furthermore, yeah, it's no secret that DAYS has had its share of bad actors (as has every other soap). But does that mean we should add another one to the list? No.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

jcar03
Aug 31 2008, 03:59 PM
I always get annoyed when people get all up in arms and go "What is DAYS thinking" when we don't even know if this information is true. He could of been on the lot for other reasons.
Exactly. When SOD or Nelson or someone breaks this, then y'all can say "I told you so". I'm sure this Mary is a lovely person, but with all the bullshit that's been flying around lately, I'm sure you can forgive some of us for being a little dubious. Besides, I can't get too excited since I never watched Passions except for 10 minutes here or there turning it on early for Days. Just could never get into it, not even for Juliet Mills.

flowerpower

Mason
Aug 31 2008, 04:33 PM
flowerpower
I wouldn't be so quick to say he is a bad actor, because I've seen ALOT of BAD acting on this show. He's not bad, it seems like none of you want to give him a chance.

I'm all for giving anyone a chance when they come to a show I like. I don't immediately go back and look for the "garbage" that they had in their previous acting job or jobs. It seems to me that there are alot of people out there who get Emmy nods and awards and they are really bad. GG is NOT a bad actor, apparently you guys didn't watch all of his work on Passions. I admit the last year or two he did get bad but that's because I think his storyline was crap and they changed the direction of his character from when he first started.

Give the guy a break and a chance if he does come, it's sad that you can't look past your limited vision apparently. If this was the case then ALL of us would be in the same boat, because we all have been BAD at something in our jobs/lives/careers.

I also wonder if these are the fans who constantly put him down the whole time he was on Passions, and you will know who you are because you were fans of other couples and couldn't see the chemistry that he had with MW.

Anyway that's my say, to give anyone a chance because don't we all deserve that in the long run?
I watched him for 8 years on PASSIONS, and never once was I particularly impressed with his performances, even on the rare occasion that the material was there. I'd say I've given him a pretty damn good chance to change my opinion of his acting. But that's just me.

Furthermore, yeah, it's no secret that DAYS has had its share of bad actors (as has every other soap). But does that mean we should add another one to the list? No.
True, but when you have the credentials to work in Casting and Television then maybe your words will have some truth, until then, I refuse to believe that you all are as catty as you seem to be on this subject. (But then again maybe you are).

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
flowerpower

Is that casting director Marni still at Days? She's been doing an excellent job thus far. If this dude Galen is this questionable and polarizing, I'd think she'd avoid him and try to get someone more universally qualified, like she did Roscoe Born, Joe Penny, and Linden Ashby. And, really, there needs to be a moratorium on new characters for a while, unless they're day players or cameos like Eve Plumb. There are too many storylines that need to be wrapped up and redirected without throwing something else into the mix.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

flowerpower
Aug 31 2008, 05:15 PM
Mason
flowerpower

True, but when you have the credentials to work in Casting and Television then maybe your words will have some truth, until then, I refuse to believe that you all are as catty as you seem to be on this subject. (But then again maybe you are).
Why is he being catty? He's stating his opinion. Isn't that what this is all about? He's not impressed with the guy. Period.

Mason
Member Avatar

flowerpower
I don't have to be qualified to say that I think Galen royally blows as an actor. It's simply my opinion after watching him for so many years. Sorry if you don't like that.
Edited by Mason, Aug 31 2008, 06:07 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Aug 31 2008, 06:02 PM
flowerpower
I don't have to be qualified to say that I think Galen royally blows as an actor. It's simply my opinion after watching him for so many years. Sorry if you don't like that.
Mason, shame on you. Didn't you know that's not the purpose of a message board? It's not for opinions, for pete's sake! ;)

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Aug 31 2008, 06:09 PM
Mason
Aug 31 2008, 06:02 PM
flowerpower
Mason, shame on you. Didn't you know that's not the purpose of a message board? It's not for opinions, for pete's sake! ;)
The member is NEW(Obviously!) so I don't see a need to get bitchy with him/her.

It is not their fault that other forums censor you for this and that...

desertgal

I would love to see Galen Geing come to Days and I believe they'd be lucky to have him. He is a good actor; heavens knows the storylines he was given had to be horrific for him to go through.

He is a strong leading man and would be a terrific asset to Days. Galen is what kept me watching Passions since the first day.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Rakesh198
Aug 31 2008, 01:42 PM
I think Lindsay will rock as a bad ass Dimera. I wanna see her slapping Sami. LOL!

Memories,from the moment I started watching PASSIONS I knew Lindsay was gonna be something great,I mean she can cry like there's no tomorrow,I love Deidre Hall and how she cries too,but holy cow, Lindsay just is WOW,I have always thought she would have a big movie career,I mean she's that good,if she were to come to DOOL they would have an even added greatness to what they already have,but I don't see it,she's doing other things,shes got Brawn and Glamour with her husband and Eric Martsolf appearing sometime online,um she said recently she is having fun taking care of her daughter,Isabella and teaching her math and how to read and wants another baby,but I love her so much that if she did come to DOOL I would be overjoyed.
Edited by JohnandMarlenaFreak, Aug 31 2008, 10:26 PM.

flowerpower

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Aug 31 2008, 10:25 PM
Rakesh198
I think Lindsay will rock as a bad ass Dimera. I wanna see her slapping Sami. LOL!

Memories,from the moment I started watching PASSIONS I knew Lindsay was gonna be something great,I mean she can cry like there's no tomorrow,I love Deidre Hall and how she cries too,but holy cow, Lindsay just is WOW,I have always thought she would have a big movie career,I mean she's that good,if she were to come to DOOL they would have an even added greatness to what they already have,but I don't see it,she's doing other things,shes got Brawn and Glamour with her husband and Eric Martsolf appearing sometime online,um she said recently she is having fun taking care of her daughter,Isabella and teaching her math and how to read and wants another baby,but I love her so much that if she did come to DOOL I would be overjoyed.
Oh please no, not Lindsay...now there's a so called actress. All she can do is cry and it get's real old.

King
Member Avatar

He could be Ken Corday's new assistant. Haha. ;)

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

flowerpower
Aug 31 2008, 10:43 PM
JohnandMarlenaFreak
Rakesh198

Oh please no, not Lindsay...now there's a so called actress. All she can do is cry and it get's real old.
That has nothing to do with Lindsay,over the years she has often made light of how often Theresa has cried ,that was all James Reilly,Lindsay is the BEST crier I have ever seen in my life and she was the great actress on Passions,I am looking forward to her online stuff with Brawn and Glamour cause that is an online thing and its more comedy,written by her gorgeous husband.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Aug 31 2008, 10:52 PM
flowerpower
Aug 31 2008, 10:43 PM
JohnandMarlenaFreak
Rakesh198

That has nothing to do with Lindsay,over the years she has often made light of how often Theresa has cried ,that was all James Reilly,Lindsay is the BEST crier I have ever seen in my life and she was the great actress on Passions,I am looking forward to her online stuff with Brawn and Glamour cause that is an online thing and its more comedy,written by her gorgeous husband.
Exactly! Lindsay is the BEST actress on Passions. PERIOD!

Mason
Member Avatar

Lindsay was great, but I wouldn't say she was better than Juliet Mills.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 31 2008, 11:08 PM
Lindsay was great, but I wouldn't say she was better than Juliet Mills.
OK,Lindsay and Juliet were the best at what they were given,love Juliets magic stuff and Lindsay,well everything she did was great.

This scene she was AMAZING.

If not,I would LOVE her to do an album,she has got a voice,I already have ''Kiss Me'' and ''Meant To Be'' on my ipod.
Edited by JohnandMarlenaFreak, Aug 31 2008, 11:26 PM.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Don't know what to feel about Galen coming to Salem but if it's true, congrats to him! He's not that good of an actor but he's not all that bad either. I'd be willing to give him a chance.

Lindsay Hartley would be an AWESOME Chelsea Benson recast :hail: and maybe bring in her HOT hubby, Justin Hartley, as a Nick Fallon recast - there's a CHICK I'd root for!! :cheers: :laugh: :rockon:

King
Member Avatar

I really think that scene in Italy could be Lindsay's best scene ever.

The dialogue was DEFINITELY Theresa's best dialogue she's ever had! It was so good.

FanODays

I've given this a little, very little more thought and GG might kick butt on Days. Remember he's had nothing else to work with other than Reilly's bad and over the top writing for years. Sometimes a change can result in something clicking as is the case with Peck, Fath, Storms and Beemer.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply