Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Galen Gering could be headed for Salem!; YAY
Topic Started: Aug 30 2008, 11:31 PM (6,736 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Rakesh198
Aug 31 2008, 08:17 PM
ladyofthelake
Aug 31 2008, 06:09 PM
Mason
Aug 31 2008, 06:02 PM
flowerpower
Aug 31 2008, 05:15 PM
True, but when you have the credentials to work in Casting and Television then maybe your words will have some truth, until then, I refuse to believe that you all are as catty as you seem to be on this subject. (But then again maybe you are).
I don't have to be qualified to say that I think Galen royally blows as an actor. It's simply my opinion after watching him for so many years. Sorry if you don't like that.
Mason, shame on you. Didn't you know that's not the purpose of a message board? It's not for opinions, for pete's sake! ;)
The member is NEW(Obviously!) so I don't see a need to get bitchy with him/her.

It is not their fault that other forums censor you for this and that...
Hold on. All one has to do is read the rules and read posts to get a general feel for the board, so yeah, I don't buy that as an excuse. Plus, she tended to get a little snippy with Mason now, didn't she? Works both ways.

Back to the topic on hand.............
I'll wait and find out. I'm not all that intrigued, not enough to check out YouTube to see if he's drool-worthy or not.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Sep 1 2008, 08:06 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Sep 1 2008, 08:04 AM
Rakesh198
Aug 31 2008, 08:17 PM
ladyofthelake
Aug 31 2008, 06:09 PM
Mason
Aug 31 2008, 06:02 PM
flowerpower
True, but when you have the credentials to work in Casting and Television then maybe your words will have some truth, until then, I refuse to believe that you all are as catty as you seem to be on this subject. (But then again maybe you are).
I don't have to be qualified to say that I think Galen royally blows as an actor. It's simply my opinion after watching him for so many years. Sorry if you don't like that.
Mason, shame on you. Didn't you know that's not the purpose of a message board? It's not for opinions, for pete's sake! ;)
The member is NEW(Obviously!) so I don't see a need to get bitchy with him/her.

It is not their fault that other forums censor you for this and that...
Hold on. All one has to do is read the rules and read posts to get a general feel for the board, so yeah, I don't buy that as an excuse. Plus, she tended to get a little snippy with Mason now, didn't she? Works both ways.

Back to the topic on hand.............
I'll wait and find out. I'm not all that intrigued, not enough to check out YouTube to see if he's drool-worthy or not.
Maybe he/she didn't know where to find the rules.... :eyeroll:

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

caps and pics of galen from a volley ball event i went too
few yrs ago

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

charity dog show
Posted Image

auto signing in ca

Posted Image
Posted Image

he is hot on tv and even HOTTER IN PERSON very sweet too

march 2008
Posted Image
Edited by jeanneshuis, Sep 1 2008, 09:41 AM.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

thanks for sharing, Jeanne!

I really LOVED that pic with McKenzie, you & your friend. I think it was at her hubby's concert or something. I think she was wearing a blue dress. She looked great!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Galen as Brandon Walker would be good. Sami & Brandon would be an awesome coupling, esp. with the dull Matt Cedano not back. Nicole needs her brother back in Salem anyhow. And Sami needs a man devoted to her.
Quote Post Goto Top

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

ty i love SEVEN he is so awesome
most recent july he played my home town that was so cool
Posted Image
Posted Image

Kenny
Member Avatar

Alright guys, let's keep this thread on topic. If you have an issue with another member's posts, feel free to report the post or PM a moderator/adminstrator.

All opinions are welcome here, but we do not tolerate people bashing or insulting other members. If you need to review the rules, there's a link at the top, just beneath the banner.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

He sure beats that character playing Daniel in looks. Can't stand Daniel (character). But, seeing someone on the set certain has no bearing on their playing any part. Happens too often. Have we seen any scripts come through recently. Sorry, I've been MIA so long.

Shakabigfoot
Member Avatar

Ohhhh...That guy! I always wanted him on the show for Billie. I thought they would of been HOT together! Oh well...
Edited by Shakabigfoot, Sep 1 2008, 04:54 PM.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Kirk
Aug 30 2008, 11:44 PM
Hell to the no, GG can't act worth shit.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The ONLY way I can accept him on Days is as Brandon because he can give more life to the role then Cedano (although I liked Cedano much more during his run under JER). Otherwise, no way. Galen can be OK at times but most times he's below average at best. There was that casting call out for a guy named Marc. Perhaps that is who Galen may be playing or testing for?

As for what Passions stars should come to Salem, Emily Harper and Lindsey Hartley are my top choices. They are in the age bracket execs seem to love yet they can act and carry a show. Hell, any soap should look into picking one or both up. They are that good, especially Lindsey. I agree with King in that Lindsey's best scene, especially in terms of writing, has to be that scene in Rome. There was no repetition. It was just good writing. Loved that scene. She had many good ones but that scene and the scene where she told Ethan she loved him on the prom boat have to be her two bests, I think.

Ben Masters and Juliet Mills I wouldn't mind seeing in Salem or on another soap either. I also would like to see Nicole Cox play a kid on some soap. I'm actually kind of shocked that Galen and McKenzie were not picked up by ABC yet. ABC, especially GH, seems to love poaching popular stars and/or couples and reuniting them as different characters on their shows so I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 30 2008, 11:43 PM
I really hope this isn't true. Galen is a terrible actor.
He can play the bad guy pretty good.

Could there be another DiMera on the horizon?

I'd love to see Ben Masters come to town for Kate.
Edited by SpriteEyes, Sep 2 2008, 10:12 AM.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I'm pretty sure Ben Masters may be done with acting. He always said that he would probably retire when Passions was done.

I don't have a problem with Gering possibly coming to Days. What I have a problem with is the show adding to an already swollen cast.

FanODays

OneBadKitty
Sep 2 2008, 10:18 AM
I'm pretty sure Ben Masters may be done with acting. He always said that he would probably retire when Passions was done.

I don't have a problem with Gering possibly coming to Days. What I have a problem with is the show adding to an already swollen cast.
Exactly. The last thing that Days needs, other than letting Higley continue to write, is for another person to join the cast.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

DaysFanJean
Sep 1 2008, 02:14 PM
He sure beats that character playing Daniel in looks. Can't stand Daniel (character). But, seeing someone on the set certain has no bearing on their playing any part. Happens too often. Have we seen any scripts come through recently. Sorry, I've been MIA so long.
Jean! good to see you again.

Hypnotoad

Edited by Hypnotoad, Apr 10 2010, 05:10 PM.

Pearly
Member Avatar

Can't remember enough of Galen to comment on his acting BUT I do suspect, if this is true, he might be cast as "Marc" the guy who spills the coffee on Nicole's laptop.

Implosion

ladyofthelake
Aug 31 2008, 05:17 PM
flowerpower
Mason
Aug 31 2008, 04:33 PM
flowerpower
Aug 31 2008, 03:22 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to say he is a bad actor, because I've seen ALOT of BAD acting on this show. He's not bad, it seems like none of you want to give him a chance.

I'm all for giving anyone a chance when they come to a show I like. I don't immediately go back and look for the "garbage" that they had in their previous acting job or jobs. It seems to me that there are alot of people out there who get Emmy nods and awards and they are really bad. GG is NOT a bad actor, apparently you guys didn't watch all of his work on Passions. I admit the last year or two he did get bad but that's because I think his storyline was crap and they changed the direction of his character from when he first started.

Give the guy a break and a chance if he does come, it's sad that you can't look past your limited vision apparently. If this was the case then ALL of us would be in the same boat, because we all have been BAD at something in our jobs/lives/careers.

I also wonder if these are the fans who constantly put him down the whole time he was on Passions, and you will know who you are because you were fans of other couples and couldn't see the chemistry that he had with MW.

Anyway that's my say, to give anyone a chance because don't we all deserve that in the long run?
I watched him for 8 years on PASSIONS, and never once was I particularly impressed with his performances, even on the rare occasion that the material was there. I'd say I've given him a pretty damn good chance to change my opinion of his acting. But that's just me.

Furthermore, yeah, it's no secret that DAYS has had its share of bad actors (as has every other soap). But does that mean we should add another one to the list? No.
Why is he being catty? He's stating his opinion. Isn't that what this is all about? He's not impressed with the guy. Period.
LMAO

Thats like saying someone needs to have credentials to state an opinion....LOL
People state their opinions all of the time, yet no one asks for a degree or qualifications.
I am the same...(Rake don't kill me) ... watched Passions for like ten minutes...and flicked the channel. Nothing interesting there for me personally...

Meow

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

lol

*Calling Tabitha on your ass!*

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply