Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion!; Week of 9/1
Topic Started: Sep 2 2008, 02:25 PM (4,282 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

I know there's nothing worth discussing, but...

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

LOL!!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I'm backing to watching DOOL. Yay!

I enjoyed today's show. Morgan looked great! KR is a good actress and she's worth keeping at DOOL. I like her.

I cannot wait to see all of them facing off with Stefano since he's back.

I wished Bo had died. LOL! The Brady cops are always getting on my last nerves.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Actually, there was alot worth discussing today. It was a great show with great use of the cast and lots of story movement.

The highlight for me had to be the Stefano scenes, especially the last scene in particular where Stefano lashed out at Tony. EJ, and John. Glad we have gotten the classic "It's good to be back" twice...once with Rolf a week or so ago and then again today. I had been looking forward to Stefano returning and taking back what was his and it played exactly how I wanted. Loved it. Stefano oozes power again and Joe is clearly having a ball. I was worried about the character coming out of hiding but it seems he hasn't lost any intensity. Loved him today and I love how so many of his foes were there when he showed up. Loved seeing the Marlena/Anna friendship on display a bit more and loved the little Marlena/Stefano moment at the end. John vs Bo was interesting too, as well as John's continued concern for Marlena, and I was glad Steve was there when Stefano got brought in so he could get some jabs in. I liked the reactions to Stefano going free. Nice buildup to what is to come. The mansion stuff was just amazing to watch. This fight for the Dimera empire is shaping up to be a fantastic story.

The cutest part of today was Bo and Hope high fiving each other after she commented on them finding Paul and bringing Stefano in. Loved that and KA looked stunning today in that sweater. I was also happy to see Hope and Steve in scenes together. Their friendship should be featured more.

Glad the Paul stuff is winding down. Linden Ashby was good today and Renton was good too. She does very well with emotional stuff and I was happy to see her spunk still there. I have enjoyed seeing her have her personality back. Good scenes with her, Philip, and Paul.

As I said in other posts, I enjoyed Abe and Lexie today but I wish we had actually saw some of the things Lexie and Abe talked about. The focus on the tension in the marriage is being done ok enough but the focus on Theo is lacking and this story is far too isolated. Having said that, I enjoyed it today and thought the little boy playing Theo was good. It was nice to see him doing more then counting and RJ and JR did very well today. This was the first time I've enjoyed all of their scenes throughout the episode since the story started so that is something to build on but there is still work to do.

Don't know why Stax were even on today as they did nothing but decide to stay in France but whatever. It was still plot movement.

Today was a very good way to start the week though. Look forward to the rest of the week.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 2 2008, 03:08 PM.

jane1978

I know a lot of people will not agree, but Deidreīs acting was absolutely awfull today. First I hated that dizzy, confused, "Iīm on drugs" look she had in the scenes with John and next I literally burst out of laugh with her totally fake, forced "strong Marlena" posture she had when she faced Stefano. Did she forget how to act? Even Darin and Drake are more natural and in character than her.

Now, I agree with Phoenix todayīs episode showed a lot of progress and I loved the final confrontation but I quess the behind the screen fighting really showed his ugly side today because the editing was very messy. They guys in the mansion were still in the middle of the same talk while Bo managed to take Stefano to the station, interrogate him and let him go? And after never explained Paulīs escape last week weīve got Phillip suddenly having someone watching Morgan today, all so they can arrest Paul and take him to the station sooner than the ultimatum Roman gave Bo ends. Paulīs escape combined with the ticking clock on the ultimatum coulda been a really good, dramatic event but it was all played out without even slightest effort the same like Morgan seeing Paul on the run. Iīm almost afraid to said it, but this show desperately needs someone like Reilly to teach whoever is responsible for the writing how to magnify and dramatize a plot twist.

On the positive side, it was nice surprise to see another interaction between Morgan and Phillip today and I like Phillip will have now prove himself to her. I just hope Morgan doesnīt turn into another Belle keeping Phil on the short leash and wating to change him all the time.

The scenes between Abe and Lexie were very good done today too and finally the guy playing Theo showed some natural emotion. But it was really weird seeing Abe, the highest in the SPD chain command havin a nice picnic with his wife and child while all the hell broke on the station. Again, very shoddy editing because obviously Bo/Roman would contact Abe as soon as Stefano was arrested.

I too quite donīt understand why Stax were on today, but maybe they were doing something more than talking in the script and it was edited out because time. The show usually doesnīt show bedroom unless there is some action in it and the bed was quite prominent in their scenes so it was weird.
Edited by jane1978, Sep 2 2008, 03:41 PM.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

I love Dee Hall, but when she is bored with her material, her acting is just awful. Right now, it looks like the role of Dr. Marlena Evans is now being played by Jackie Zeman!

Mason
Member Avatar

Deidre doesn't do well with shitty material (hint, hint, CORDAY!)

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I don't understand why Corday doesn't want to get rid of Dena Higley. Demote her ass!!! Even the freaking actors are speaking out. Higley needs to be DEMOTED!

jane1978

Rakesh198
Sep 2 2008, 04:18 PM
I don't understand why Corday doesn't want to get rid of Dena Higley. Demote her ass!!! Even the freaking actors are speaking out. Higley needs to be DEMOTED!
I donīt think Higley needs to be demoted (heck, Iīm not even sure she wrote todayīs episode). IMO, most of the stories are surprisingly good and original, itīs the execution what sucks. We just need someone who spice it up. I hope the new EP and CoHW along with the rewarped writing team will be up for the job.

Mason
Member Avatar

I agree, Higley shouldn't be demoted. She should be out on her ass, and never allowed to write for soaps again!

peaches179

Mason
Sep 2 2008, 04:49 PM
I agree, Higley shouldn't be demoted. She should be out on her ass, and never allowed to write for soaps again!

Ditto! :D

Days4Life

I loved the final Stefano scene where he went to each member of his family and called them out. Absolutely fabulous! The best part of today by far.

Stax was just filler and the Abe/Lexie/Theo story doesn't interest me, so that was just okay for me. The scenes at the PD were bad, and I couldn't figure out why Philip was allowed to sit there and talk to Paul or why Steve was in Abe's office (or is it Roman's office now?) when Stefano was brought in. I know he was at the station talking to Hope, but he's not a cop and believes Stefano did something to his baby so he shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near Stefano. The incompetence of the Salem PD is a major pet peeve I have with this show! KA did look gorgeous today; loved her hair! She's still incredibly thin, but she looked better than she did a few weeks ago. I'm ready for Bo to grow back his facial hair. He looks younger (quite a bit younger than Daniel, which makes the Chan relationship even ickier), but I prefer the scruffier version of Bo.

Edited by Days4Life, Sep 2 2008, 07:49 PM.

Ellie

Cute choice of clips, Kenny.

I hated today's show. HATED IT. Back to the Salem PD and their ineptitude as the driving force of the story. There was no character development or character-based interaction, other than John's protecting 'Blondie'. (Which I liked.)

Regarding the scene where Marlena opened the door to Stefano - I have a few questions.

1) WHY have Marlena be the one to open the door if they're not going to write in lines or a reaction from her?
2) WHY didn't they write in lines or a reaction from her?
3) WHY didn't the writers have Marlena do anything but let Stefano walk by?
4) WHY didn't anyone else express a reaction of fear when they saw Stefano free, after they had previously said they were afraid of what he might do?

This moment for me was in the same league as J&M's having tea in the pub with Stefano last summer. Sorry Dena, you get an F on this.

Another 'What??' moment was Steve's lunging at Stefano in the police station. Come on. Another example of such shallow writing.

Max/Stephanie - can this France storyline please end already?

Morgan/Phillip - I don't like KR's acting at all, and I feel that JKJ is being underused. Plays out to me like a shallow story without real character motivation.

And... Abe and Lexie. As I expected, Dena "talents" are coming through here in full force. I was reminded of one of those made-for-TV movies, with too much exposition from the characters and too little plot movement. As I wrote when this story was first announced, I do not mean to take away in the slightest from what Dena Higley and her family have had to go through. But Higley is a poor soap writer, and instead of creating a boring story from her imagination, here she's creating a boring story from events that actually happened to her. Abe and Lexie had way too much airtime today, and I don't expect that to improve. The only bright point for me is watching the actor who plays Theo. Wow, can that kid take direction. This is much different than the standard "stand there and smile and let us carry you around" child soap acting. I'm reminded of Andrea Barber (Kimmie, lol) who played Carrie in the 80's. She too was seemingly able to follow complex cues and express emotion. Fortunately for little Carrie, she was involved in deep, well-written stories. Unfortunately for little Theo, he isn't.

thereyougo

The show was awful all around, the writing, directing and acting. It was an atrocious car wreck that turned into a pile up with no end in sight. Truly this show rated as one of the worse of the worse which is saying a lot considering how awful the show was from June-the first week of August.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I thought it was pretty good outside of Marlena's reaction.

I enjoyed the scenes. I love seeing more Paul (though they could let us know how he escaped). I liked seeing Philip obsessed about finding Paul and I liked John's reaction to being calling into questioning him.

Abe and Lexie kind of bored me, I was watching to see if Theo would eat those leaves on the ground. Anyone notice the OT guy they have? He shows up again tomorrow and I think his name is Marc.

Stax was pointless except to establish Max was staying. They've come a long way in getting Stephanie to be a supportive better person then she was last summer but now she's getting back into bitch terroritory.

Ellie

thereyougo
Sep 2 2008, 05:29 PM
The show was awful all around, the writing, directing and acting. It was an atrocious car wreck that turned into a pile up with no end in sight. Truly this show rated as one of the worse of the worse which is saying a lot considering how awful the show was from June-the first week of August.
LOL! I totally agree. I forgot to mention the direction... I agree, that was awful too. I did feel bad for the director for having to deal with so many people in the living room at the mansion, but even given that, I felt the episode was directed poorly. For example, when Stefano first walked in, the camera was on Marlena, but then the camera cut away just as she started reacting. If it had been staged differently with characters in different places, that may have helped, but soaps are built on slow reactions, and the way the cameras had to zip around that mansion living room, many potential moments were lost.

Also forgot to mention Drake's scream at the end... I did like that very much. Kind of a 'real' moment in a very surface type of show.

ges
Member Avatar

I thinkk the show sucks more and more each day.

Shakabigfoot
Member Avatar

I take it you guys did not like todays show? lol

hops
Member Avatar

goldylicious
Sep 2 2008, 04:12 PM
I love Dee Hall, but when she is bored with her material, her acting is just awful. Right now, it looks like the role of Dr. Marlena Evans is now being played by Jackie Zeman!
I give Deidre a pass. She had two lines, and obviously by the dialog she wasn't supposed to be 100% she just got released from the hospital. I didn't find her acting any better or worse then anyone else on today's show. And no dialog with Stefano? What was that all about. Dena is back. What a boring show, from start to finish. The only line I half liked was John's last line 'Damn this day', lol and I agree with him. What a waste.

hops
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 2 2008, 05:37 PM
thereyougo
Sep 2 2008, 05:29 PM
LOL! I totally agree. I forgot to mention the direction... I agree, that was awful too. I did feel bad for the director for having to deal with so many people in the living room at the mansion, but even given that, I felt the episode was directed poorly. For example, when Stefano first walked in, the camera was on Marlena, but then the camera cut away just as she started reacting. If it had been staged differently with characters in different places, that may have helped, but soaps are built on slow reactions, and the way the cameras had to zip around that mansion living room, many potential moments were lost.

Also forgot to mention Drake's scream at the end... I did like that very much. Kind of a 'real' moment in a very surface type of show.
and Stefano walks in, and says a few lines and the next scene in the Mansion, he is over on the other side of the room and Bo is hand cuffing him. What happened in between? That was stupid.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply