Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Kristen Renton fired!; So says the SOD website...
Topic Started: Sep 3 2008, 05:39 PM (14,709 Views)
DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Drew
Sep 9 2008, 11:35 PM
Damn, how the hell has this no talent twat garnered at 16 page thread?
:lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

marisol40

I ususally don't involve myself in other peoples business. But was it necessary to refer to this young woman as a "twat"???? WTF was that!

And you might think she has no talent, but alot of other people think quite differently.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

yes, it was actually.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

DolceDiMera
Sep 9 2008, 10:45 PM
Rachel Melvin is far superior to the other actors of the teen set, talent wise, IMO. BB is decent, and the rest of them are either bland or just plain bad. I used to love Chelsea, especially as the unapolegitic bad girl. I'd like to see her return to that. I don't want Chelsea to be a heroine. She was ruined for me during Dansea (and I'm not a big Dansea hater), but Chelsea is definitely salvagable with some decent writing. She's lost so much of her spitfire and edge that I enjoyed.
I have to agree with this! I love Chelsea as a little witch and not as a plaster saint! I still chuckle when I remember the bratty teen who lifted the tips from her grandmother Caroline's table and slipped out of the pub! I want to see the sharp tongued viper Chelsea used to be!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

marisol40
Sep 10 2008, 12:23 AM
I ususally don't involve myself in other peoples business. But was it necessary to refer to this young woman as a "twat"???? WTF was that!

And you might think she has no talent, but alot of other people think quite differently.

I don't know if it's any consolation, but I agree with you. I think there are posters a lot harder on her than her whole situation warrants. It was the girl's first role, after all. And, if some think Morgan got elevated quickly, well, I'm not going to judge and wonder why. She's certainly better than a lot Days has seen over the years. Other soaps, for that matter.

Personally, I think she's a better actress than NB. That's my opinion. But, if I called NB (or any other actress I don't care for) a twat, I can just hear the heads explode! Maybe I need to start doing that. Equal opportunity name calling, after all. :D

And, going back to what Tim said posts ago (yeah, I agree with Tim a lot. LOL).....Salem needs new families. The inbreeding is getting horrid. For whatever reason, they messed this up. This started out fine. Morgan was a secondary character. They introduce a father and a story for them. (GEE, sounds just like the Bradys!). Was she to the forefront too soon? I don't think we'll all agree on that. But, they got a very competent actor to play her father. They COULD have done some pretty good things with this dock war. But changing Morgan into a tough-talking chick (which she is now again, thank goodness) to a wishy-washy whiner about Daddy (as if Days needed more whining women) really made her sink for me. I did kinda dislike the accent, but there are many actors who can't keep a consistent or realistic accent.

I think she did fine with what she was given, and I hardly consider her a no-talent. You wanna look at a no-talent? Look at Marcus Patrick. There's your measuring stick right there. (Course, I guess that's ALL a lot of people want to do with him is look at him. :D )

Oh, yeah, and there's the famous Charity Reamer. Rheamer, whatever the hell her name was.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

LOL DOLCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

marisol40

I don't know if it's any consolation, but I agree with you. I think there are posters a lot harder on her than her whole situation warrants. It was the girl's first role, after all. And, if some think Morgan got elevated quickly, well, I'm not going to judge and wonder why. She's certainly better than a lot Days has seen over the years. Other soaps, for that matter.

Personally, I think she's a better actress than NB. That's my opinion. But, if I called NB (or any other actress I don't care for) a twat, I can just hear the heads explode! Maybe I need to start doing that. Equal opportunity name calling, after all.

Thank you. Honestly, I don't even have a problem with some people not being "wowed" by Kristen's acting skills. Though I found her to be quite talented and a joy to watch, I know that others felt differently and that's fine. What took me aback was the use of that nasty, tacky word to refer to someone that they don't even know from Eve. I feel the same way about the word "c&^t". Everytime I hear those two words in reference to women, I feel the bile start to come up.

As to the topic of Nadia, whom I happen to like, I also have to agree that Kristen is a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better actress then her. Two things that kill Nadia are her monotone voice and the fact that it looks like she is reading the cue cards. Maybe it's nerves or maybe she is simply trying too hard to get the scene down, however, she doesn't look natural. I wonder if she has an acting coach?? If she doesn't, then she should get one ASAP. Perhaps he/she can teach her how to relax and use her God given talents to their potential.

As a sidenote, I do have to say that she has a beautiful voice and it's always delightful to hear her sing on the show. I checked out the songs that she sings with her brothers and all I can say is that her Dad must be smiling from the heavens. Simply amazing.

Maybe I need to start doing that. Equal opportunity name calling, after all.

Nah, there's no need for that. I love reading your posts because they are fair, insightful and tasteful. Don't ever change that.

Edited by marisol40, Sep 10 2008, 09:34 AM.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Hunter you should totally do an interview with Charity Rahmer and see what she's up too. She's a LEGEND!

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

darraholic
Sep 10 2008, 09:45 AM
Hunter you should totally do an interview with Charity Rahmer and see what she's up too. She's a LEGEND!
lmao.

I saw that Kristen's last airdate is Oct. 3rd. That is what soapnet has posted on their website.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Sep 10 2008, 08:19 AM
LOL DOLCE!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL... I think she was referring to the character, Morgan, and not KR. I have no problem with KR but I couldn't stand the character of Morgan and I'm glad she's gone. Now if they would only get rid of the following characters the show would be perfect: Chelsea, Stephanie, Melanie, Max & Nick. I wouldn't miss them at all! :)

sungrey

Hey, it's the nature of the business. Next fall in TV Guide's fall preview, we might be reading about this show where Kristen is one of the big stars and she'll break out in Hollywood. Happens a lot with actors who get fired from soaps.

Now Charity on the other hand.... naaaaaaaaa. :)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

sungrey
Sep 14 2008, 11:28 AM
Hey, it's the nature of the business. Next fall in TV Guide's fall preview, we might be reading about this show where Kristen is one of the big stars and she'll break out in Hollywood. Happens a lot with actors who get fired from soaps.

Now Charity on the other hand.... naaaaaaaaa. :)
In all honesty, it could happen. She might be so pissed at her firing that she'll bone up even more with acting coaches and kick wild ass. I hope it does. I always love the stories of folks who pull themselves up by their bootstraps after getting kicked in the ass and mocked. I'm sorry. It's people's opinions, but damn. The girl just got started. I don't care if it is the business or not. A good criticism is balanced, and I'm seeing some here that just aren't. I'm going to stop here before I got off on a tangent that will get me into trouble....... :soapbox:

Shoot, it could even happen with Charity and the right acting coaches. Who knows? Course, I never had the pleasure of watching her. Kristen HAD people who have given her kudos, so she's not totally hopeless.

Mason

I really could see Kristen having success post-DAYS. She just has that 'look', IMO.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Haha, I don't see "the look" that some of you see when you see Kristen Renton. Actually, I don't see the immense talent she has either. Do I think she's a horrible actress? No, not at all. But I just can't see how some think she's the best younger actress DAYS has to offer. Rachel Melvin holds that title, IMO. I don't see Renton doing much successfully after DAYS, honestly.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I don't know what happened to KR between the time she started on the show until now. but I really liked her when she first started then they wrote Morgan off for awhile and when she returned KR's acting was a lot different and not in a good way........

Mason

I wouldn't say she's DAYS's best younger actress. Obviously that's Rachel Melvin. But that doesn't mean she can't do relatively well enough after DAYS. Far worse actresses than she have done well for themselves.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Rhiannon
Sep 14 2008, 06:39 PM
I don't know what happened to KR between the time she started on the show until now. but I really liked her when she first started then they wrote Morgan off for awhile and when she returned KR's acting was a lot different and not in a good way........
I would agree with this. I was impressed with Renton during the sorority storyline. Still, I don't think she was anything to write home about, but this casting was around the time Ed Scott brought the Y&R casting director over to DAYS and she was on a roll bringing in new and fresh actors, Renton being one of them. She was far from the generic DAYS actors that are brought on for bit parts, which is what Morgan was in the beginning. But something definitely went wrong when Higley's team start writing for Mogan. I don't know if it was the writing or if it was Renton not being able to play such flat writing, but she lost major points from me after the new year.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Sep 14 2008, 07:40 PM.

Mason

I think it was a combination of too much material too soon for the character of Morgan and Higley not getting the character, and as a result, both the character and the acting suffered.

naley12
Member Avatar

I love Nadia and I do not think it is her at all considering that they have Jay and Naidia on the show why not use there wonderful Chem I mean even with the crap writing they have so much chem they just need to be in the same room and talking and I will enjoy
Edited by naley12, Sep 14 2008, 07:30 PM.

naley12
Member Avatar

jcar03
Sep 3 2008, 05:45 PM
Let the Phloe fans rejoice.
GO PHLOE!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply