Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Kristen Renton fired!; So says the SOD website...
Topic Started: Sep 3 2008, 05:39 PM (15,090 Views)
NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Boy, why do I have that feeling??
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Terry is going to die. lol

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Kenny
Sep 3 2008, 05:55 PM
Rakesh198
Sep 3 2008, 05:52 PM
jcar03
Sep 3 2008, 05:46 PM
I doubt Deidre, Drake, Peter or Kristian are on the bubble. Its probably someone who is not even beloved that is on the bubble.
It's Abe?

DOOL is making a HUGE mistake, IMO. KR has so much potential.

How dare those bastards! Morgan is such a great character and more importantly, KR can ACT unlike some of the assholes there.
LoL.

Has Terry hacked your account?
LMAO!

I was just starting to love the poor girl. Now who am I supposed to like?

I love Lauren and the hardly write for her. I love Ejami and they keep screwing them up like Passions Ethan & Theresa.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

marisol40
Sep 3 2008, 05:50 PM
Let the Phloe fans rejoice.

The other actress could be Nadia. So don't rejoice just yet. She certainly doesn't have much of a storyline either.
One can only hope. Nadia is a shit actress.

I am worried about who the others are, but I am not bothered at all about KR being let go.

Thanks for posting!

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I kind of figured she'd be out anyway. Wasn't she like the only only who gave a direct comment about how tense things are on the set of DAYS right now? That had to have pissed Corday off.

Not a big loss, but I do wonder who the vet that's supposedly being let go is. Also, I guess we can expect some more firings by the end of the year.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I think this is all part of budget cuts. And I'm sure we can expect a few other firings.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Why does Days spend time introducing us to these characters only to drop them in the snap of a finger?

cjknick
Member Avatar

I read that her stuff in the film noir stuff was cut ... I wonder if her performance did not stack up... Her chemistry with JKJ seemed to be lacking ...

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Corday, if you're reading this, PLEASE hire me as a writer.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

cjknick
Sep 3 2008, 06:01 PM
I read that her stuff in the film noir stuff was cut ... I wonder if her performance did not stack up... Her chemistry with JKJ seemed to be lacking ...
Maybe she was the diva? idk...

downwhtone
Member Avatar

Kenny
Has Terry hacked your account?
LMAO. I was just gonna say.....Terry, is that you? :laugh:

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Rakesh198
Oh man can you imagine Terry's reaction.

daysfan
Member Avatar

While I loved Kristen Renton(although not to the point of obsession like a certain someone who haunts the internet), I won't be extremely sad to see her go, and I expected that the cuts would begin eventually. Even though Dena's not gone(at least not yet anyway), with Gary and Chris here, I figured some changes would be made. They happen every time a new regime comes in, even though again Dena is still there.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Sep 3 2008, 06:00 PM
Why does Days spend time introducing us to these characters... building them up... only to drop them in the snap of a finger?

Not that I'm complaining in this instance, because I really couldn't care less about Morgan anymore. But why did they spend all this time introducing her to the audience and even giving her relatives unless they were planning to use her for the long haul? Oh, I forgot... Days has no direction.
It's simple...rabid fanbases and the fact that you have had essentially 3 visions at Days this year. You had Higley's, Scott's and Corday's normal interference.

I hate this. The show needs characters like this. It needs more then just the Brady's, Horton's, etc. That is why the town is so incestuous. Renton can act. They built up a nice coupling between Philip/Morgan and now all the effort put into it goes down the tubes. I can't say I blame this on Higley as the dock story was seemingly all her and Philip/Morgan was a big part of that. I tend to think Renton had to do something. Maybe it was her comment about the tension or maybe she was one of those involved in the scandal. I really do think Renton got a contract because of Ed Scott. She came on when he started and, while sometimes Days listens to fans on keeping people who do well, I do think Ed pushed for her to stay. It fits with how she got a contract and did nothing until Spring.

It's a shame because I get this sense Burnett may be the other actress out and I like her. I hope it's Nadia. I really do. The fact that Renton was fired and she stays is just dumb IMO. Getting rid of talent and throwing so much away just to please Phloe fans (which I think was a big part of this) is just a waste. They aren't even a big fanbase.All the new characters with potential are now gone. Ava, Morgan, Paul (since Morgan is gone), and I'm sure Daniel will be gone soon. Why bother? I don't even blame Days because, in alot of ways, fans force their hand when it comes to new characters. New characters take time to get used to. Sometimes it takes years. Think about Nicole. She sucked early on but came into her own after a few years. Some fans just aren't willing to give new characters a chance and it's a shame because this show needs new blood in the worst way.

As for else is out, like I said I believe it may be Burnett but I can also see it being Nadia. I kind of hope it is. Take Philip in a whole new direction. As for the beloved vet, as others said, that may be subjective. They did say the beloved vet is on the bubble and not necessarily out. I have to wonder if that tidbit is related to the rumored "diva," since she would classify as a vet and, given her real life situation and lack of airtime of late, I can see it.

As much as I like Morgan, I guess it's better her then others and the fact that Days is cutting tells me they are all but renewed since there wouldn't be a need if they weren't. I'm kind of upset they are simply shipping Morgan to Chicago. At least give her a good sendoff. It honestly makes me feel like half the shit in the fall previews will end up being changed since Morgan was supposed to be in big story and part of a catastrophic event. Why not just kill her or something in that event?

Days had been too quiet for two weeks so I guess another hot topic was needed :laugh: .

Shakabigfoot
Member Avatar

I couldn't believe it when I read it.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

daysfan
Sep 3 2008, 06:11 PM
While I loved Kristen Renton(although not to the point of obsession like a certain someone who haunts the internet), I won't be extremely sad to see her go, and I expected that the cuts would begin eventually. Even though Dena's not gone(at least not yet anyway), with Gary and Chris here, I figured some changes would be made. They happen every time a new regime comes in, even though again Dena is still there.
It actually makes you wonder if Dena's end is near.

There have been rumors that they may just have her tie things up. My feeling was she would be gone by sweeps so we'll see but she did into Philip/Morgan.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

cjknick
Sep 3 2008, 06:01 PM
I'm glad you mentioned that because I had been wondering where her involvement in the film noir stuff was. She was listed as being involved and never appeared. Weird.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

jcar03
Sep 3 2008, 05:54 PM
I Hope its not Molly Burnett (as the other actress fired). So far I am liking her but with Roscoe Born being axed it makes me worry they are dropping the whole storyline because I was really thinking that Melanie would turn out to be Nicole's daughter.
Well I didn't want Melanie to be Nicole's daughter but if it keeps her around.

Actually even with RB gone, the thing that's important is she is Max's sister. Keeping her around helps extend Max's storyset on the show as there isn't a lot of places to go with him.

Shakabigfoot
Member Avatar

cubsgirl
Sep 3 2008, 06:11 PM
Rakesh198
Oh man can you imagine Terry's reaction.
LMAO, he is going to flip out when he sees it. I am sure I will be reading his reaction soon at DOOL JUNKIE.

Mason
Member Avatar

Sigh...

I'm not even surprised.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply