Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GL: SOD News; Reva's Pregnant and Keeping the Baby!
Topic Started: Sep 3 2008, 07:15 PM (1,169 Views)
ljacks13
Member Avatar

Feature article: Reva's Pregnant and Keeping the Baby!

Basically Reva is already three months pregnant, Jeffrey and Reva decide to keep the baby and tell their friends and family. Cassie is surprisingly supportive. But Reva's health is still risk, since stiil have go off her medications because of the baby.

For Zimmer, who'll be sporting an on-screen baby bump for the first time in 18 years, the storyline was as stunner, but she welcomes it. "Totally!" te actress enthuses. "Then I was thinking 'I'm finally on workout kick and now I'm going to be pregnant [on-screen]?" she laughs. "I think it opens up wonderful possibilities As long as we're not sitting around waiting for a baby to be born. There will hopefully be dramatic moments with the cancer issue because she has to go off her meds. I think that with a mature couple, it'll be charming and wonderful. It will be a nice journey for fans and for us!"

As for those diehard "Jeva" fans, Zimmer adds, "This will solidify the face that it ain't going to happen anytime soon. Jeffrey and Reva are having a baby!"

Stuff We Know (and Shouldn't Tell You)

GL fans are speculating that recently ousted Jon Prescott (Mike,ATWT) could be tapped as the next Shayne Lewis after his Oakdale stint comes to an end.

In other GL new, Frank Dicopoulos (Frank), Robert Newman (Josh), Ron Raines (Alan), and Justin Deas (Buzz) have reportedly all signed new three-year deals with the sudser.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

ljacks13
Sep 3 2008, 07:15 PM
As for those diehard "Jeva" fans, Zimmer adds, "This will solidify the face that it ain't going to happen anytime soon. Jeffrey and Reva are having a baby!"
GAG. ME.

CBS, please just cancel GL before Wheeler & Co. destroy it even further (if that's even possible, at this point).

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

'scuse me?
I am sorry, but isn't this a revisit to the Marlena being pregnant kind of thing on DAYS? *rolls eyes*

jcar03
Member Avatar

spits out milk. WHAT!!!!

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I guess I'm the only one not shocked by this?

It's not like Reva completely went through menopause. Dr. Sedwick told Reva that she was in perimenopause and yes, you can still get pregnant during that time. It can take 5 years or longer to go through complete menopause. I don't get why this is such a big deal?

I can think of a lot worse storylines for her! Time travel or a clone anyone?
Edited by Rick, Sep 3 2008, 08:11 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

Rick
Sep 3 2008, 08:08 PM
I can think of a lot worse storylines for her! Time travel or a clone anyone?
LoL, I FLOVED the Clone story!

And, even if you didn't like that story, at least it was entertaining. This is just...well there aren't really any words...

King
Member Avatar

I wonder if this could be Kim Zimmer's swan song?

Do you think they might want to get rid of her?

Mason
Member Avatar

King
Sep 3 2008, 09:39 PM
I wonder if this could be Kim Zimmer's swan song?

Do you think they might want to get rid of her?
If I were Zimmer, I'd want to be rid of them.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

*sprays Dr. Pepper all over monitor*

Squeeze me? Baking powder? Didn't Reva already go through menopause? :drunk:

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

God help us all. Well, that explains the weight gain at least!

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

OneBadKitty
Sep 3 2008, 10:56 PM

She's going through perimenopause ;) So she could still get preggers

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Rick
Sep 3 2008, 11:01 PM
OneBadKitty
Sep 3 2008, 10:56 PM

She's going through perimenopause ;) So she could still get preggers
But isn't she like 150 years old by now?

cassie1013

I do not, or have not EVER watched GL but doesn't that Kim Zimmer play Reva? I've seen her picture at random soap events.

And isn't she like...old?

Just wonderin'.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

cassie1013
Sep 4 2008, 04:01 AM
I do not, or have not EVER watched GL but doesn't that Kim Zimmer play Reva? I've seen her picture at random soap events.

Just wonderin'.
Zimmer is 53 and I would guess Reva is in her late 40's

King
Member Avatar

I rarely ever think soap characters are too old to get pregnant.

I generally like those stories.
Edited by King, Sep 4 2008, 04:09 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

cassie1013
Sep 4 2008, 04:01 AM

Just wonderin'.
Cassie,

"Passions" producers penned the courageous story of Tabitha, a 300-year-old witch, giving birth to her daughter, Endora. So, Reva's really not that old, in soap terms, to have a baby. Tabitha paved the way.
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

LMAO.

Good point, I guess!

Mason
Member Avatar

Tabitha was a witch, LoL. You can't really compare the two situations.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Sep 4 2008, 04:40 PM
Tabitha was a witch, LoL. You can't really compare the two situations.
She was a witch, yes, but Tabitha was also a woman. We saw a bit of her struggle, dealing with the age issue, remember? She knew it would be an uphill battle. Her being a witch is irrelevant to this issue.

Personally, I think Reva's story will be fascinating. Her cancer treatments and having to withhold meds adds another dimension that I haven't seen in daytime.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Ellen, is that you? LoL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply