Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GL: SOD News; Reva's Pregnant and Keeping the Baby!
Topic Started: Sep 3 2008, 07:15 PM (1,087 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Wow, that reference flew right over my head! lol. The only Ellen I know is Ellen DeGeneres.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Oh, GOD! Ellen WHEELER! lol. YOu kill me.
Quote Post Goto Top

jcar03
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 4 2008, 04:40 PM
Tabitha was a witch, LoL. You can't really compare the two situations.
And that was Passions.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 4 2008, 05:04 PM
Ellen, is that you? LoL
:laugh: :laugh:

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Another World did the same thing with Rachel.

brimike

^^^ God, those damn twins. LOL! Cory and Elizabeth Hutchins. What a weird story decision to make...

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Even weirder was many years earlier when Rachel's MOTHER Ada had a baby daughter, Nancy, with her 3rd husband Gil Mcgowan when she had to be around 50! And there was Sally Spectra on B&B who was definitely over 50 having CJ by Clarke Garrison! I don't think this storyline is so "out there"!

Mason

It's not that it's "out there". It's just stupid and totally unnecessary, not to mention yet another "Fuck you" to Josh/Reva fans.

sungrey

At a time when the show can ill afford to piss off any more fans, nevertheless. EW's mantra seems to be "keep the true couples apart" and "pair people up in relationships that drift apart after several months".

Deleted User
Deleted User

I have no issue at all with her age. It's that David Kriezman already wrote a terrible story in which Reva went through menopause. When you have to re-write your own crap that's when you know you have no business writing a phone book let alone a soap
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

Amello
Sep 4 2008, 07:50 PM
I have no issue at all with her age. It's that David Kriezman already wrote a terrible story in which Reva went through menopause. When you have to re-write your own crap that's when you know you have no business writing a phone book let alone a soap
Exactly!!!

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Amello
But that's just it Amello, Reva did NOT go through menopause. During that storyline Dr. Segwick told Reva she was in pre/perimenopause which can last 5 years or longer. Women can still have babies during that time. :)

Drew
Member Avatar

JERSoapsFan
Sep 4 2008, 05:03 PM

Personally, I think Reva's story will be fascinating. Her cancer treatments and having to withhold meds adds another dimension that I haven't seen in daytime.
because you've only been watching Passions. This is a been there, done that story. Katie on B&B's going through the same medical dilemma, only she still is age appropriate to be able to get pregnant. Then there's Addie Horton from Days, etc etc ect.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Rick
Sep 4 2008, 10:03 PM
Amello
But that's just it Amello, Reva did NOT go through menopause. During that storyline Dr. Segwick told Reva she was in pre/perimenopause which can last 5 years or longer. Women can still have babies during that time. :)
Dr.Sedgwick is still on the show?!?!?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Sep 4 2008, 10:11 PM
JERSoapsFan
Sep 4 2008, 05:03 PM

Personally, I think Reva's story will be fascinating. Her cancer treatments and having to withhold meds adds another dimension that I haven't seen in daytime.
because you've only been watching Passions. This is a been there, done that story. Katie on B&B's going through the same medical dilemma, only she still is age appropriate to be able to get pregnant. Then there's Addie Horton from Days, etc etc ect.
Actually, Drew, I haven't.

I've watched, over my life:
Days
Another World
Sunset Beach
Passions
All My Children
Guiding Light
Young and the Restless
General Hospital

Now, maybe I missed it, but I was a pretty regular viewer for all of these, though not necessarily at the same time.

Maybe I missed it, but as they say, if I haven't seen it, it's new to me in daytime!
Quote Post Goto Top

Ilovethesoaps

The fact that Reva is with child is a sick storyline! Period! She marrys her daughter's ex-lover, when Jeffery has been with every women in SF. . . he knocks up Reva??? Look, Reva did'nt take care of the children that she had ! So, she is going to take care of Jeffery's devil child?? This storyline is suppose to bring in "new viewers??" GMAB! With all the women in SF, Reva is the one who gets pregnant?! This women is to OLD, she looks like she could be Jeffery's MOMMA! The whole thing SUCKS! And, if this is their way of getting "new blood?" they MISSED it!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Mason
Sep 4 2008, 06:52 PM
It's not that it's "out there". It's just stupid and totally unnecessary, not to mention yet another "Fuck you" to Josh/Reva fans.
I get that! My 'out there" comment was about the CONCEPT of a woman Reva's age having a baby! At least one poster mentioned the age thing and then there were some precedents brought up so I posted a couple of others! I'd stopped watching GL before any menopause or perimenopause storyline took place so I was unaware of THAT! I started watching again around the time of Tammy's death when a friend sent me some DVDs! I stuck around until a few months ago! I agree with everything else you wrote as far as it being stupid and unnecessary and a "Fuck you" to Reva and Josh fans! I can't even watch the show anymore it's been so bad IMO!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply