Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Blind item
Topic Started: Sep 3 2008, 07:18 PM (1,943 Views)
ljacks13
Member Avatar

The limited run of a high profile ABC could come to a close this fall, hints a setside source. Perhaps powers-that-be (or the actress herself) realized that the writer botcher her long-awaited return?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Fuck. This is SO Andrea Evans. This shouldn't even be a BI.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Either Andrea Evans or Susan Haskell definately. Andrea was the first one who sprung to mind though although then there was Haskell...I've been hearing rumors on the internet that one of them was going to go eventually this Fall. The only other high profile ABC Return was Genie Francis but it was always known that her run would be short and whatnot.

As I think about it more its really a toss up between both of them. If the actress actually realized that her return was botched as the BI said, I mean that still really doesn't help matters(although I've liked Tina's return and Marty's off/on to a certain extent).
Edited by daysfan, Sep 3 2008, 07:54 PM.

~bl~
Member Avatar

Sad that the return was botched in the opinion of the actress in question. :(

daysfan
Member Avatar

There is one thing, maybe its me trying to create false hope for myself or something, but there's one thing that makes me wonder if this ISN'T Andrea:

She might hold the role of Tina closer to her heart or just has her own opinion of what Tina should be(which if she does I think thats great for her), BUT, she put up with so much while she was on Passions as Rebecca for 8 years, would she really get upset about the Mendorra stuff, as terrible as it was? Again maybe its just me trying to hope its not her.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm holding out some small hope that it's either Genie Francis or Susan Haskell, but as soon as I read it, my gut told me it was Andrea, unfortunately. Tina's return has been panned majorly by both critics and fans.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I hope it's not Tina. I'm loving how Tina is now involved with Tess. Tina being locked in the secret room with Vickers will be a hoot.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Yes it could be Evans as her return was botched, but her return was always to be short term too. Her contract was only short term and some sites only list her as recurring.

Sarah Brown is the actress that came to my mind when I read it.

jcar03
Member Avatar

^^Didn't Tuc Watkins leave the show again?

ETA: Never mind I realized they were referring to Tina's dog.
Edited by jcar03, Sep 4 2008, 01:45 AM.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Of course I am not as upset about Evans as all of you. I loved her as Tina until Karen Witter came on. Karen Witter came on and made that role her own for 4 years and won over many fans who said Evans could not be replaced. I would have much rather had her back.

jcar03
Member Avatar

It could honestly be any number of recently returned ABC actresses.

I actually did think Genie Francis because
Spoiler: click to toggle

But Andrea Evans and Susan Haskell both make sense too. In particular Andrea Evans since the whole thing is a flop.

In terms of Evans status the show the cast list that runs every Friday lists the cast in alphabetical order for contract then the guest stars so I list her as Contract. I think she just signed a short term contract which is still a contract.

lilacwine
Member Avatar

I don't think it's Genie.... in fact I think they added a few dates for her in Oct.
Plus, she's off to do a Hallmark movie soon, so she wouldn't have hung around.

Sarah Brown was originally a year and maybe they decided not to continue. One can hope. I think she's a great actress but this character is not working.

Tina... was my first thought, but I'd really have to go with Susan Haskell. Tina could be resurrected and spun in another area. But, Marty is in a corner now with Todd.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Andrea Evans. As far as I'm concerned, she's simply playing Rebecca on OLTL.

Ridge
Member Avatar

I really hope it is not Tina as well. I will agree there was a sort of disconnection between what Tina was and what we have been seeing but that is not something that isn't easily fixed. That's the beauty of it, Carlivati did very little to ruin the character, it's just that Tina did very little over all. I hope it is not Evans. It took too much to get her back. She needs to be involved in the storylines more-- they are really making her all about herself but in a way where she doesn't have her own storyline, whenever she interacts with others in their SL it is all about herself. I hope it is not Evans!!

Scott
Member Avatar

I could see this being Sarah Brown, I mean Claudia has been a huge failure imo and many agree.

darraholic
Member Avatar

The girl who does Soap Talk for A Channel in Canada mentioned something about Andrea staying. I forget the exact words she said though.

daysfan
Member Avatar

darraholic
Sep 4 2008, 09:05 PM
The girl who does Soap Talk for A Channel in Canada mentioned something about Andrea staying. I forget the exact words she said though.
Now thats good news, sure hope she IS staying. If its not her, then I could definately see it being Susan Haskell. I mean, depending on how far Ron really takes this Todd/Marty stuff, she could have not liked it or something.

Sarah Brown? Well, it says "limited" run/return. I don't think Sarah's was ever intended to be short-term, was it?

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I went to Sarah Brown's event at FCW and she not only mentioned several times that her contract is up in January but she didn't sound to me like she was planning to stay beyond that. So I don't think it's her.

daysfan
Member Avatar

I hope this isn't too off topic but on the subject of Sarah I think she's gonna be gone eventually either way, even though now I'm leaning to this being Susan Haskell. Eventually, the whole Zaccharra clan will be out at GH and a new mob clan will be in.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

I liked Sarah previously but Claudia is too ridiculous. She serves no purpose.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply