Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Blind item
Topic Started: Sep 3 2008, 07:18 PM (1,938 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I saw that and it was before this blind item came out.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AmyJo

I'm thinking they might be referring to Rebecca Budig, AMC's "Greenlee Smythe". Rebecca's return was "long-awaited" by her legions of fans, but from what I understand, she only signed a "limited" one-year contract, which means that by the end of fall, she would be all but done with it. I love Rebecca as an actress and I enjoy her as "Greenlee", but I don't think that any of AMC's writers as of yet have given her character a really interesting or powerful storyline. And it doesn't appear as though they are going to either. (JMO.) With her hosting NYC's Fashion Week for Soapnet all this week, it appears that Rebecca is slated for bigger and better than things than just playing "Greenlee" on ALL MY CHILDREN. (On a side note, TPTB really "botched" her return with "The REAL Greenlee" ads, making her return more of an uphill battle for her, which it shouldn't have been in the first place.) Rebecca took a lot of heat for that, even though her only crime was taking a job that was offered to her during a long-anticipated writers' strike. She would have been an idiot to turn down work when no work was to be had for possibly months to come. Now with the strike long over, I think Rebecca should stop wasting her time with a role that seems to be going nowhere and go back to L.A. to try her hand in primetime and films. (She's already compeleted filming a comedy with Amanda Peet and Catherine Keener to be released sometime next year.) She's a natural in front of the camera and should have no problem getting more work. But I hope for her sake she gets out of soaps while she still has a chance before getting too type-cast. JMO. :)
Edited by AmyJo, Sep 10 2008, 01:48 PM.

jimmyk311

Maybe it's a diva who likes to write bad stories.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

I would love it if Rebecca left. I can't stand Greenlee!

Mason
Member Avatar

Selfishly, I hope it's Rebecca Budig (or Sarah Brown). I don't want either Andrea Evans or Susan Haskell to leave OLTL, and I still have a feeling in my gut that this BI is about one of them.
Edited by Mason, Sep 10 2008, 03:23 PM.

AmyJo

Q Steph
Sep 10 2008, 03:12 PM
I would love it if Rebecca left. I can't stand Greenlee!
Obviously, I would love if Rebecca left too. But not because I don't like "Greenlee". I just think RB is too talented for this soap. ;)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I honestly wouldn't care if Susan Haskell left. I guess I needed to see her first stint, but this stint......she's too perky and smiley. Damn, if I was paralyzed and didn't have my memory and someone kept me from the Internet and newspapers, I'd be throwing a tantrum!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply