Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A closer look, EJ
Topic Started: Sep 4 2008, 07:57 AM (2,356 Views)
Jonatha

Please link to DR:

EJ tries to stop Sami from kidnapping Allie this week, but she's arrested in spite of his best efforts. James Scott discusses the custody situation that leads Sami astray - and leaves EJ fed up.

SOW: Sami's beside herself over Lucas being granted joint custody of Allie. Does EJ try to calm her down?

JS: EJ tries to talk her out of getting upset. On one occasion he says, "Is it the worst thing in the world sharing custody of your daughter with her father?" EJ doesn't think it's such a big deal.

SOW: Does Sami press EJ to try to do something legally to stop this?

JS: Yes, and he's tried, but Lucas filed for joint custody and won. There's nothing EJ can do, which is pretty surprising. EJ was able to stop a triple murderer (Ava) from being extradited to Ireland by bribing judges, but in a baby custody case, he's out of step.

SOW: When Lucas arrives to take Allie, EJ helps Sami hand the baby over. Does he comfort Sami afterward?

JS: Not particularly, but EJ is empathic to her position.

SOW: Later, Sami finds EJ with Nicole and flips because he's not out looking for their daughter. How does he react to her manipulation?

JS: Sami tries to manipulate him? What a surprise! EJ sets Sami straight. He says, "That's a bit rich, don't you think? Suddenly, now that it suits you, it's 'our' daughter."

SOW: Sami and Nicole start bickering, which leaves EJ to erupt. What does he say?

JS: EJ tells them both to bugger off. He's had enough. He tells Nicole he's not there to fix her problems, and he tells Sami he's not there to fix hers, either. He's got his own sh-- to deal with. His father has come back from the dead, causing huge problems. You can't compare that to having to share custody of a baby with the natural father. Boo-hoo. Get over it!

SOW: Of course, Sami doesn't, and heads to the Horton cabin, where Lucas has taken Allie. What happens next?

JS: EJ figures out where Sami had gone when he's looking for the bear Allie left behind and discovers it's gone. He realizes Sami must have picked it up. The only reason she would have picked it up would be to take it to Allie at the cabin. EJ heads there and finds Sami holding Allie. It appears for all intents and purposes that Sami is looking to take her daughter away. EJ does what anybody would do; he tells Sami to put the baby down and leave, otherwise this is going to get ugly.

SOW: Things do get ugly when Lucas walks in, and then the cops arrive and arrest Sami for breaking a court order. What does EJ do?

JS: There's nothing EJ can do. The police turn up. End of story. EJ lets them get on with their job. There's no recourse. Sami has been caught red-handed. Whether she intended to take Allie or not, it doesn't really matter. She's incriminated herself by virtue of being at the cabin and holding the baby. Clearly, (taking her) was motivation for being there.

SOW: Is EJ feeling like Sami has gotten her just desserts?

JS: EJ told Sami what was going to happen. He warned her not to do this and explained there would be consequences. Then she goes and does it. EJ is not going to run around getting Sami out of trouble anymore. She gets in trouble. Good. She gets arrested. Good. Maybe she'll grow up and realize she can't keep acting like she rules the bloody world.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

brimike

Everything about this seems back-asswards. I love EJ and Sami, but this just seems so... off. I don't know how else to describe it. It's not their dynamic at all, and Sami kidnapping Allie from the "threat" of Lucas (HAH!) seems really forced. And how does holding her own daughter "incriminate" her for kidnapping? And why can't EJ bribe the judge? And what's with Sami's desperation - it's not SOLE custody, it's JOINT custody. Wouldn't it have made better sense if it was sole custody? I mean, she had joint custody of Will with Lucas for years. What's the big crisis?

I guess this just left me with a lot of questions... a lot of things don't make sense. But maybe it'll play out better on screen. I shouldn't jump to conclusions until the air shows.
Edited by brimike, Sep 4 2008, 08:33 AM.

angmc
Member Avatar

I think it will turn out that Sami was just bringing Allie her bear. They'll probably say that she can't sleep without it or something and Sami wasn't trying to kidnpap her.
But as for things making sense..With Dena writing apparently things don't need to make sense. She has a story to tell, characters be damned!! :drunk:
As for EJ bribing the judge. James' comment about him getting Ava off but can't handle a custody case speaks volumes. I don't get the feeling he's all that impressed with the writing, I'm not..

ilovemydays

Personally, I love it! EJ is finally thinking for himself and Sami has to stop taking EJ for granted.

Could he have bribed a judge? Sure but why should he keep a father away from his child just because Sami doesn't want to share? Lucas' plight could just as easily be his own.

Time to grow up Sami.

Thanks for posting the article Jonatha! :cheer:

Edited by ilovemydays, Sep 4 2008, 08:52 AM.

Kyrai

brimike
Sep 4 2008, 08:07 AM
Everything about this seems back-asswards. I love EJ and Sami, but this just seems so... off. I don't know how else to describe it. It's not their dynamic at all, and Sami kidnapping Allie from the "threat" of Lucas (HAH!) seems really forced. And how does holding her own daughter "incriminate" her for kidnapping? And why can't EJ bribe the judge? And what's with Sami's desperation - it's not SOLE custody, it's JOINT custody. Wouldn't it have made better sense if it was sole custody? I mean, she had joint custody of Will with Lucas for years. What's the big crisis?

I guess this just left me with a lot of questions... a lot of things don't make sense. But maybe it'll play out better on screen. I shouldn't jump to conclusions until the air shows.
Seems like even JS has issues with this.

I honestly cannot believe the writing (and I hesitate to call it that). I really don't expect a soap to imitate life, but there has to be some vague semblance of reality. Sami holds her child in her room, and they arrest her for kidnapping? Stefano comes back and the first thing he does is profess his love for Kate out of the blue?

During the olympics, they should have had Stephanie winning 5 medals for figure skating (not all gold, 1 silver - for realism).

(and yes, I know figure skating is a winter sport - I doubt Higley would.)

brimike

Kyrai
Sep 4 2008, 08:52 AM
During the olympics, they should have had Stephanie winning 5 medals for figure skating (not all gold, 1 silver - for realism).

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Higley would write all gold - the 1 silver would have been added by Ed Scott and the actress diva. :-)

Kyrai

brimike
Sep 4 2008, 08:55 AM
Kyrai
Sep 4 2008, 08:52 AM

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Higley would write all gold - the 1 silver would have been added by Ed Scott and the actress diva. :-)
:lol:

True!

Pearly
Member Avatar

angmc
Sep 4 2008, 08:44 AM
As for EJ bribing the judge. James' comment about him getting Ava off but can't handle a custody case speaks volumes. I don't get the feeling he's all that impressed with the writing, I'm not..
I was just about to post something similar Ang.

To me, in this interview, James is obviously verbalizing his frustration with the direction the writer has taken with EJ. EJ has slowly become weak and fickle; which is SOOOOO out of character. I do hope EJ grows a backbone because it doesn't matter how good of an actor you are, once you start getting shitty material, it takes a toll on the actor and in turn the character suffers. The material MUST improve, if not, DAYS could potentially lose the gold mine that is James Scott.

Higley & Co., get a clue as to where your bread is buttered!!

Thanks Jonny.

brimike

Pearly
Sep 4 2008, 10:07 AM
EJ has slowly become weak and fickle; which is SOOOOO out of character.
In other words, EJ's turned into Lucas.

ilovemydays

Quote:

JS: EJ told Sami what was going to happen. He warned her not to do this and explained there would be consequences. Then she goes and does it. EJ is not going to run around getting Sami out of trouble anymore. She gets in trouble. Good. She gets arrested. Good. Maybe she'll grow up and realize she can't keep acting like she rules the bloody world.

Funny, it sounds to me like James is happy that EJ is finally getting his spine BACK.

Pearly
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Sep 4 2008, 10:11 AM
Quote:

Funny, it sounds to me like James is happy that EJ is finally getting his spine BACK.
That is possible...but you cannot deny the tone in this comment:

Quote:

JS: Yes, and he's tried, but Lucas filed for joint custody and won. There's nothing EJ can do, which is pretty surprising. EJ was able to stop a triple murderer (Ava) from being extradited to Ireland by bribing judges, but in a baby custody case, he's out of step.

With this and the comment at Burlington that was made by James himself re: his contract negotiations having nothing to do money but how EJ has(is) been(being) written, you can't help but believe the guy IS frustrated.

Pearly
Member Avatar

brimike
Sep 4 2008, 10:09 AM
Pearly
Pretty much....

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

brimike
Pearly
And Lucas changed into Austin.

It never fails. Every guy they pair Sami with is Austin-nized. Brandon was really the only one to escape it. It doesn't matter who is writing. it never fails.

I do think James sounds frustrated in this interview. I don't think the actual story is bad but the constant flip-flopping of who EJ wants to be with is. This is classic Sami. Making a big deal out of something minor. She still has joint custody but she needs to have sole custody. She always has to have it all. That is in character and so is being hysterical and doing something stupid. She's her own worse enemy.

I hope they just put EJ with Nicole, send Sami off for awhile, play out Lucas and Chloe or whoever they want to pair him with, and then bring Sami back fresh and with maybe a new love interest.

brimike

PhoenixRising05
Sep 4 2008, 11:05 AM
brimike
Pearly
And Lucas changed into Austin.

It never fails. Every guy they pair Sami with is Austin-nized. Brandon was really the only one to escape it. It doesn't matter who is writing. it never fails.

GREAT point, PR. And dead-on right.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Jonatha!

Kyrai

I don't see why EJ has to be with Nicole if he's not with Sami.

I'd rather EJ step back period. Work with John and Tony to take down Stefano (no ulterior motive here on my part. :biggrin: ), keep Sami and Johnny safe, get perspective on his life. Let the stories progress, and see what develops vs. throwing him right into another relationship because perish the thought a single male is unattached in Salem.

I remember when John first came to town, all the woman being interested in him. I did think he and Marlena were a good match right away, but I remember wondering about Anna, Savannah, Robin, etc. Let the women of Salem rejoice for a bit in having a free hot man walking around!

I do happen to think he and Ali have great chemistry, and EJ reforming because of his love for Sami is important to why I like EJ despite his past. But with Ali having maternity leave coming up, a break wouldn't hurt, and if it's meant to be, it can happen when she gets back full-time. They could give them a wonderful return love story if things haven't progressed otherwise.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

James made it more than clear in Burlington that he hates the writing of DOOL for EJ.

Maybe he thinks EJ being paired with the town whore is wrong. It sure turns my stomach.,

thanks Jonny for the article!

Sariah
Member Avatar

This is the second recent interview where it sounds like the actors are taking their gloves off when it comes to the writing. First Nadia, and now James. They must really be pissed to be so open about it.

brimike

^^^ What cracks me up is that this is the cast that went through Melaswen, and that annoying castle follow-up. THAT they weren't vocal about, but now they're pissed. LOL!
Edited by brimike, Sep 4 2008, 01:10 PM.

Ellie

brimike
Sep 4 2008, 01:09 PM
^^^ What cracks me up is that this is the cast that went through Melaswen, and that annoying castle follow-up. THAT they weren't vocal about, but now they're pissed. LOL!
LOL well EJ wasn't on Melaswen, but either way, I think it's because at that point, they were regarding it as a talented writer (JER) with perhaps not his best work. Here, they seem to be viewing it as an untalented writer who may cause their show to not get picked up.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply