Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Stefano proposes - to Kate!
Topic Started: Sep 4 2008, 08:15 AM (3,229 Views)
Jonatha

Please link to DR:

Stefano makes a personal power play this week; he asks Kate to marry him.

"Kate has always been someone special in Stefano's life," contends Joseph Mascolo (Stefano). "He started her out, got her off the streets. Stefano has a warm spot in his heart for Kate."

The surprise proposal is set in motion when Kate arrives at the mansion for a dinner date with Stefano, much to Tony and Anna's surprise. Tony pulls Stefano aside and questions his intentions for Kate. "Essentially, Stefano says, 'What are you, joking? You're questioning me? Shut up!'" chuckles Mascolo.

Tony and Anna stick around and "impose themselves on the date," grumbles Mascolo, who notes there's some trouble in the kitchen, so the pair volunteer to wait on Stefano and Kate. "Stefano apologizes and tells Kate they'll have to put up with these two idiots in order to have a fairly decent meal."

However, when dinner is over, Stefano gets Kate alone to talk, while Tony and Anna eavesdrop. "Stefano says he has some important thoughts he's like to go over with Kate," explains Mascolo. "Naturally, everybody thinks it's business. Then Stefano starts telling Kate how he respects her and feels about her. He admits it's not just business. It's much more intimate."

To Kate's surprise, Stefano proposes marriage. "There reason he does it is personal," insists Mascolo. "Stefano whatever time he has left on this Earth, he would Kate to be by his side.

Kate has her reservations - one in particular. "Kate asks about Marlena, Stefano's 'Queen of the Night,' and Stefano admits it might be time to crown a new queen," recounts Mascolo. "Kate realizes Marlena has always been his Achilles heel. She wants to know if it's just going to be her in Stefano's life or if he's still going to be playing games with Marlena. Stefano admits he has plans for Marlena, too, but they're different."

Satisfied, Kate agrees to ponder Stefano's proposal. "In his heart, Stefano wants her to say yes," says Mascolo, admitting his character does have an agenda. "With his children, Tony, EJ and Lexie, having been quite a disappointment, Stefano is thinking of terms of the next generation of DiMeras and carrying on the dynasty. And Kate is probably still capable of having a child."

Sure - she has six already.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

brimike

I don't even know how to respond to this. Talk about out of the blue. Hopefully, this is part of a much bigger plot.

And seriously? MORE HEIRS? I know Tony and EJ are big disappointments to him, but Peter's still out there. He may not be a DiMera by blood, but if this is all a plot to get Kate pregnant with a kid... what's the point if Stefano won't be alive to see the kid hit adolescence, and won't be able to influence him and Kate will raise him on his own? He'll just end up being another Lucas! LOL!
Edited by brimike, Sep 4 2008, 08:49 AM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

This is so out of the blue. Kate capable of having another child?? Oh, please no!!!!

Thanks Jonny!

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

The DiMera men are such pieces of work. They look at woman as little baby dispensers. Kate can't have children regardless of the fact that she's an older woman, and I doubt she'll be able to once she's ill. Oh and they say Stefano got Kate off the streets like it was a remake of Pretty Woman, when Stefano is the one who gave her clients and started her off! Wth?

Other than that, this sounds great. I can't help but laugh that Kate asks about Marlena- I don't blame her. I'm glad Tony and Anna are there so we can see all their crazy antics- that'll be cute.
Edited by fenderbabe, Sep 4 2008, 09:08 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ilovemydays

There are a lot of ways to find the right person to take over the DiMera Dynasty without having to impregnate anyone.

Maybe someone can send Stefano a copy of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". LOL

brimike

ilovemydays
Sep 4 2008, 09:15 AM
There are a lot of ways to find the right person to take over the DiMera Dynasty without having to impregnate anyone.

Maybe someone can send Stefano a copy of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". LOL

Oh my God, I would kill to see Joe Mascolo do his best Willy Wonka.

"I got a golden ticket..."

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

EWWWWWWWW,This disturbs me on so many levels,on the plus side his sick ''queen of the night'' shit is FINALLY over.

Pearly
Member Avatar

Quote:

Tony and Anna stick around and "impose themselves on the date," grumbles Mascolo, who notes there's some trouble in the kitchen, so the pair volunteer to wait on Stefano and Kate.

:huh?:

Quote:

"Stefano apologizes and tells Kate they'll have to put up with these two idiots in order to have a fairly decent meal."

:roflol:

Quote:

Satisfied, Kate agrees to ponder Stefano's proposal.

:wtf:

Quote:

"With his children, Tony, EJ and Lexie, having been quite a disappointment, Stefano is thinking of terms of the next generation of DiMeras and carrying on the dynasty. And Kate is probably still capable of having a child."

:omg:

My comments:
No...no...no...and NO! :redface:
Edited by Pearly, Sep 4 2008, 10:54 AM.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Kate?...having more children? LOL

brimike

You know, somehow I missed that "Tony and Anna wait on Stefano and Kate" line the first time I read it.

Yeah. Because that's exactly what Tony and Anna would for Stefano. Wait on him hand-and-foot so his date goes well.

Yeah, Joe... I would "grumble" too.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

How is this out of the blue?

There were even hints last summer and fall of this happening. Stefano and Kate once had a relationship and they are still close. He gave her the resources needed to live and she clearly has an effect on Stefano. There is nothing random about this if you look at the history of both and even look back as far as last summer.

Joe had mentioned he was all for Stefano getting paired with someone and he even threw out Kate and Celeste as options. I can't see Celeste so Kate works well. It has major story potential and I can't wait to see these scenes. There is also spoilers about Kate and Lexie telling Tony to step away from Stefano and Tony scheming to use Kate to his advantage so my take is this is really building the Dimera power story well. It also seems like they are listening to Joe. Everything he mentioned wanting and pretty much alot of the ideas he had are being implemented onscreen.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

brimike
Sep 4 2008, 10:56 AM
You know, somehow I missed that "Tony and Anna wait on Stefano and Kate" line the first time I read it.

Yeah. Because that's exactly what Tony and Anna would for Stefano. Wait on him hand-and-foot so his date goes well.

Yeah, Joe... I would "grumble" too.
Of course they would. They are fishing for information.

They both want to know what is going on. It makes sense.

As for Kate having children, I don't like it but I don't think that necessarily means he wants to impregnate her. I think this may tie into Joe somehow. Perhaps he is going to steal his enemies' kids and have Kate raise them or something. Maybe he wants Kate to raise Johnny. It could mean a number of things and, while it's sick and twisted, I like it oddly enough.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

GROSS...this disturbs me on so many levels,ya she has a past with the devil,but she's dealing with the fallout of what she and Daniel did to Chelsea and she is gonna consider marrying the guy who has intentionally hurt many of her friends,wow,great friend she is,I would rather be shot in the head than have anyone like Kate in my life,I swear Kate has had more ''customers'' then the 7eleven.

Kyrai

PhoenixRising05
Sep 4 2008, 10:57 AM

There were even hints last summer and fall of this happening. Stefano and Kate once had a relationship and they are still close. He gave her the resources needed to live and she clearly has an effect on Stefano. There is nothing random about this if you look at the history of both and even look back as far as last summer.

Joe had mentioned he was all for Stefano getting paired with someone and he even threw out Kate and Celeste as options. I can't see Celeste so Kate works well. It has major story potential and I can't wait to see these scenes. There is also spoilers about Kate and Lexie telling Tony to step away from Stefano and Tony scheming to use Kate to his advantage so my take is this is really building the Dimera power story well. It also seems like they are listening to Joe. Everything he mentioned wanting and pretty much alot of the ideas he had are being implemented onscreen.
I call getting out of a coma, calling a person that you know from the past but have not had real contact with in ages, and proposing to them after one date, 'out of the blue'.

If they had them getting reacquainted a bit first, I wouldn't.

They may have a history, but I can't recall them even being in a scene together in a long time, and I don't recall him seeming enamored with her in the past.

To me it is 'out of the blue'. If it's not to you, that's fine.

brimike

Kyrai
Sep 4 2008, 11:09 AM
PhoenixRising05

I call getting out of a coma, calling a person that you know from the past but have not had real contact with in ages, and proposing to them after one date, 'out of the blue'.

They may have a history, but I can't recall them even being in a scene together in a long time, and I don't recall him seeming enamored with her in the past.

Yeah, I gotta agree with this. I have no issues with Stefano and Kate getting back together, but it's all really quick. There's no time to savor anything, or watch it happen onscreen.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kyrai
PhoenixRising05

See, you looking a this from a romance point of view.

He doesn't love her. She doesn't love him. He's fascinated with her and finds her appealing. He sees her as someone who can help the Dimera legacy and I think Kate sees a chance at power again and setting herself up for life. She would have to make sacrificves but it's not like most of Salem adores her or anything.

We saw them reconnect last summer. That was more out of the blue then this. At least now you can kind of build off last summer and fall. There is no need to have some long drawn out phase of rediscovering each other. They did that last year. It's not like they are building up a future supercouple :laugh: .

Pearly
Member Avatar

Kyrai
PhoenixRising05

Co-sign, Kyrai!

Kyrai

PhoenixRising05
Sep 4 2008, 11:16 AM
Kyrai
PhoenixRising05

See, you looking a this from a romance point of view.

He doesn't love her. She doesn't love him. He's fascinated with her and finds her appealing. He sees her as someone who can help the Dimera legacy and I think Kate sees a chance at power again and setting herself up for life. She would have to make sacrificves but it's not like most of Salem adores her or anything.

We saw them reconnect last summer. That was more out of the blue then this. At least now you can kind of build off last summer and fall. There is no need to have some long drawn out phase of rediscovering each other. They did that last year. It's not like they are building up a future supercouple :laugh: .
I always try to look at things from a Romance point of view. :)

Honestly, I can never predict Kate, so I don't even try. I can't imagine anyone wanting to marry Stefano, but if anyone would, it would be Kate by mere fact that I'm not surprised at what she'll do.

But from a practical view, I guess I just don't see him needing Kate. If he wants more children, she is not a good choice. He may have given up on Marlena, but he strikes me as thinking he's romantic. Marrying someone and putting them in line for half his 'dynasty' just for a business partner just doesn't seem like Stefano to me. As crazy as he is, I think he does feel deeply (if not obsessively) for his women. I just don't see him risking any part of his empire on a business partner.

Though maybe he doesn't think it's a risk because he'll have her killed or carted off to an insane asylum or something vs. giving her a divorce, lol.

Jmo though. I've always loved to hate Stefano because he's so evil but oddly loveable at the same time.

I enjoyed your comments. We'll have to see what happens as the story progresses. The cast is great, so I'm still hopeful of great stories, just very fearful of Higley.
Edited by Kyrai, Sep 4 2008, 11:51 AM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

As long as they don't have Kate become pregnant, which she can't have children, then I'm okay. But with the way that was worded at the end, it's worrying me. If Higley writes it so that Kate becomes pregnant, I'll be pissed. Enough with the rewriting of history!

downwhtone
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Sep 4 2008, 11:16 AM
Agree 100%. They reconnected when Stefano first returned, and they had scenes even after that.

Kyrai

Honestly, I can never predict Kate, so I don't even try. I can't imagine anyone wanting to marry Stefano, but if anyone would, it would be Kate by mere fact that I'm not surprised at what she'll do.

You said it right there. Who the hell ever knows what Kate's going to do. LOL. Plus, they share a past making this all the more believable.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply