Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Stefano proposes - to Kate!
Topic Started: Sep 4 2008, 08:15 AM (3,276 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Manny
Sep 7 2008, 08:03 AM
So wait, I'm too lazy to read everything here... so is Kate going to have yet another child?? Isn't she in her 50s like Reva on GL? Is that the new trend on soaps now? Should we expect Y&R's Nikki to get pregnant soon? Or Erica Kane?
I don't think you cough up blood when you're pregnant. ;)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

Oh, so she's not pregnant? That's good then! :D
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mesagirl
Member Avatar

I wonder if Daniel will push Kate away when her illness is revealed. Afterall he was unable to save his first wife, and that seems to have damaged his ability to have any type of relationship to the point of almost no repair. At least that's what he keeps saying. So maybe Daniel will tell Kate to take a hike, and then Stefano will swoop in to propose.

They did sleep together not that long before Marlena drugged Stefano, so they definitely have a connection.

Kyrai

Sindacco
Sep 7 2008, 07:29 AM
I always see people complaining that Days doesn't show romantic/sexy (whatever) scenes with the older characters, but when they do people say ewww. Is it only okey when it's your favorites (COUGH J&M, S&K, B&H, COUGH)? Is it because actors like Joe hasn't had plastic surgery and he actually look normal for his age?
For me, I think it has more to do with chemistry and story.

There are only two couples I actually want to see sex scenes of. First is J&M, they totally hooked me with their chemistry back in 86. They were amazing in the 80s, 90s, a bit too lovey dovey in the 2000s for my taste. I'm hoping 'new' John will go back to 'old' John but not be so sappy. Regardless, I am deeply attached to them. The second is Ejami. I like their love story their chemistry. It's started feeling similar to how I feel about J&M.

I still love other couples, particularly Bope, Payla, and Tanna, but I honestly don't really watch their love scenes. I adore the characters and the actors, but their particular chemistry to each other never hit me. Doesn't mean I hate the love scenes, I just don't love them. I like them being devoted to each other, and certainly don't mind their scenes, but I don't look forward to seeing it.

Stefano, while cute as a villain, is totally unattractive to me as a person (personality wise, not looks wise), so no, I really don't want to see him making out with anyone.

I also want making love, not just sex. I'm still traumatized from Nicole seducing Vic back around 2000 because she wanted his money. I also didn't go for the summer elevator scenes at all for the same reason. It was just sex, no real emotion.

Then there is also the off the wall things. I never liked Kate. But then she helps get John off of drugs, and I was invested. I actually did love their love scenes, but I felt it was because they needed each other. They'd both lost their loved ones. LK is an amazing actress. She seems to just change for whatever the writers want to do with her. Wish they'd use her better, actually. I'd think it's just John that I like, but hot as ED was, I never liked him with Kristen. I understood him with Ava, but wasn't into their sex scenes because I never felt he loved her.

Nothing to do with plastic surgery for me. It's more about a couple in love that I love.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Kyrai
Sep 7 2008, 10:07 AM
Sindacco
I always see people complaining that Days doesn't show romantic/sexy (whatever) scenes with the older characters, but when they do people say ewww. Is it only okey when it's your favorites (COUGH J&M, S&K, B&H, COUGH)? Is it because actors like Joe hasn't had plastic surgery and he actually look normal for his age?

There are only two couples I actually want to see sex scenes of. First is J&M, they totally hooked me with their chemistry back in 86. They were amazing in the 80s, 90s, a bit too lovey dovey in the 2000s for my taste. I'm hoping 'new' John will go back to 'old' John but not be so sappy. Regardless, I am deeply attached to them. The second is Ejami. I like their love story their chemistry. It's started feeling similar to how I feel about J&M.

I still love other couples, particularly Bope, Payla, and Tanna, but I honestly don't really watch their love scenes. I adore the characters and the actors, but their particular chemistry to each other never hit me. Doesn't mean I hate the love scenes, I just don't love them. I like them being devoted to each other, and certainly don't mind their scenes, but I don't look forward to seeing it.

Stefano, while cute as a villain, is totally unattractive to me as a person (personality wise, not looks wise), so no, I really don't want to see him making out with anyone.

I also want making love, not just sex. I'm still traumatized from Nicole seducing Vic back around 2000 because she wanted his money. I also didn't go for the summer elevator scenes at all for the same reason. It was just sex, no real emotion.

Then there is also the off the wall things. I never liked Kate. But then she helps get John off of drugs, and I was invested. I actually did love their love scenes, but I felt it was because they needed each other. They'd both lost their loved ones. LK is an amazing actress. She seems to just change for whatever the writers want to do with her. Wish they'd use her better, actually. I'd think it's just John that I like, but hot as ED was, I never liked him with Kristen. I understood him with Ava, but wasn't into their sex scenes because I never felt he loved her.

Nothing to do with plastic surgery for me. It's more about a couple in love that I love.
Yeah and what does plastic surgery have to do with sex anyways?I don't know who on the show has had any,but I do know two that have NOT and that is Drake and Deidre,I can state with 100% certainty that Dee has NONE whatsoever,anyone that says otherwise is just jealous,I know people who have met Dee and they say in person you can tell she's had ZERO,just naturally gorgeous and I guess it makes some irritated and jealous,its called airbrushing people they do it for everyone,even men,wheather its on a magazine or tv,now some on DOOL may have had surgery and I have my suspicions who,but I could be wrong.

I want MAKING LOVE,not just sleazing pointless sex too.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Kyrai
Sindacco

I mean those that say they want scenes with older characters but really just mean their favorites, why don't they just say that? Fucking hypocrites are what they are.

As for love making vs sex, I don't mind either one. I don't want just sex but I don't want just love making either. And there's where I'm different from many other it seems, I don't want Days to be a Disney fairytale.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Sep 7 2008, 10:42 AM
Kyrai
Sindacco

Yeah and what does plastic surgery have to do with sex anyways?I don't know who on the show has had any,but I do know two that have NOT and that is Drake and Deidre,I can state with 100% certainty that Dee has NONE whatsoever,anyone that says otherwise is just jealous,I know people who have met Dee and they say in person you can tell she's had ZERO,just naturally gorgeous and I guess it makes some irritated and jealous,its called airbrushing people they do it for everyone,even men,wheather its on a magazine or tv,now some on DOOL may have had surgery and I have my suspicions who,but I could be wrong.

That's like saying Michael Jackson never did anything to his nose. Look at Deidres face and then her hands. If you think I'm jealous just for saying that, then that's fine. My point with all this was to show the difference. Deidre is around the same age as Thaao and James yet Abe and Lexie are "ewww" because he looks like her father. That's what I mean with looks and plastic surgery.

Kyrai

Sindacco

I mean those that say they want scenes with older characters but really just mean their favorites, why don't they just say that? Fucking hypocrites are what they are.

As for love making vs sex, I don't mind either one. I don't want just sex but I don't want just love making either. And there's where I'm different from many other it seems, I don't want Days to be a Disney fairytale.
I don't feel hypocritical for liking the characters that I like and wanting wonderful romantic sex scenes between people that have chemistry that I love vs. wanting sex scenes between every older couple.

I honestly don't understand your point. People are going to like certain pairings more than others. People are going to want different things. I don't just want random sex. I don't petition against it or anything. It just doesn't appeal to me. I thought you were asking why we like seeing sex scenes between some older couples, but not all. I explained my feelings. It has nothing to do with plastic surgery to me.

When people post that they don't like J&M sex, it doesn't bother me. People have different likes/dislikes. I don't think everyone has to love them, any more than I have to love every pairing. I think that's pretty natural.

Are you saying if we like any sex scenes, we should like them all?

Edit:
I also don't see why 'older' makes a difference to this discussion. It applies to young and old for me.

Edited by Kyrai, Sep 7 2008, 03:12 PM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Kyrai
Sep 7 2008, 03:09 PM
Sindacco

I don't feel hypocritical for liking the characters that I like and wanting wonderful romantic sex scenes between people that have chemistry that I love vs. wanting sex scenes between every older couple.

I honestly don't understand your point. People are going to like certain pairings more than others. People are going to want different things. I don't just want random sex. I don't petition against it or anything. It just doesn't appeal to me. I thought you were asking why we like seeing sex scenes between some older couples, but not all. I explained my feelings. It has nothing to do with plastic surgery to me.

When people post that they don't like J&M sex, it doesn't bother me. People have different likes/dislikes. I don't think everyone has to love them, any more than I have to love every pairing. I think that's pretty natural.

Are you saying if we like any sex scenes, we should like them all?

Edit:
I also don't see why 'older' makes a difference to this discussion. It applies to young and old for me.

You are right, you don't understand my point. You think I'm pointin you out which is not true.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Sep 7 2008, 02:15 PM
JohnandMarlenaFreak
Sep 7 2008, 10:42 AM
Kyrai
Sindacco

That's like saying Michael Jackson never did anything to his nose. Look at Deidres face and then her hands. If you think I'm jealous just for saying that, then that's fine. My point with all this was to show the difference. Deidre is around the same age as Thaao and James yet Abe and Lexie are "ewww" because he looks like her father. That's what I mean with looks and plastic surgery.
Deidre and Michael Jackson,yeah thats the same,Michael is the polar opposite of Dee,as I said DEE has ZERO,I read something a while back and a professional examined pics of her now and then and he said she is naturally beautiful with no work done and even IF she did have a little SO WHAT,there's actress's in hollywood much younger than her who get alot of work done,does that mean I am gonna be sickened and not watch their work,no,its nobody's business if they have or not,Deidre is gorgeous no matter what and I am not gonna stop watching Drake and Dee,a pairing I happen to enjoy just because there older than they used to be,what kind of person would I be if I turned against someone cause there older than they once were.

And yes it is Jealousy.
Edited by JohnandMarlenaFreak, Sep 7 2008, 05:34 PM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

LOL, I never said Deidre is ugly or that anyone should stop liking an actor with plastic surgery, I used the age thing as an example. But I can't say I'm suprised over your defence mode, you're just another one confirming what I already know about certain fanbases.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Sep 7 2008, 05:42 PM
LOL, I never said Deidre is ugly or that anyone should stop liking an actor with plastic surgery, I used the age thing as an example. But I can't say I'm suprised over your defence mode, you're just another one confirming what I already know about certain fanbases.
What does that mean,every fan base has a right to defend who they love,nothing wrong with that.

cassie1013

Lol wow, I guess I am pretty opposite to some people around here - I love pointless, sleazing around sex on DOOL! It's atrociously awesome, not to mention hilariously trashy! :D
Edited by cassie1013, Sep 7 2008, 10:00 PM.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

If Stefano wants another baby why doesn't he just find some fruit loop like Susan and impregnate her the same way he made Elvis?

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Sep 7 2008, 11:25 PM
If Stefano wants another baby why doesn't he just find some fruit loop like Susan and impregnate her the same way he made Elvis?
LOL,I have been asking myself that very question,although I REALLY do NOT wanna watch a scene like that again.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

With Dena stories always pop up out of the blue, and somehow fade into the background. I'd give this story a month tops before people are asking "Stefano and Kate are married?".

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Sep 8 2008, 09:23 AM
Jiggs
Sep 7 2008, 11:25 PM
LOL,I have been asking myself that very question,although I REALLY do NOT wanna watch a scene like that again.

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

brimike

I love Marlena, but anybody who thinks Deidre Hall has never had any work done, especially seeing her next to her identical twin sister? They are seriously deluding themselves.

It doesn't make her a bad person. But wow - that's a whole other level of denial that's not even worth trying to break through.

e83talus
Member Avatar

Has this thread deteriorated into older love scenes v. younger loves scenes and a discussion about plastic surgery?

Anyway back to Kate and Stefano, My gripe is that Kate is being written as this slutty, nosy, no life having women who suddenly has garnered some deeper interest from Stefano. I mean she slept with him last year for $50,000 which she gave to Chelsea to go to school (or something like that) and that was the extent of their relationship, now he wants Kate (who has to be uo there in age even onscreen) to have his child?

During the past two months Kate has flirted with Tony, Roman, and slept with Dan, now we have some out there coupling with Stefano. This is not a criticism for Stefano, but of how Kate is being written. It is bad enough that she has no loyalty by sleeping with Dan, had no pride by sleeping with Stefano last year for money, has no life by always being in Phillip and Lucas' business, but now she is considering marrying Stefano. UGGGGGHHHHHH!

I hate what they are doing with Kate! Why can't she get a man of her own, who wants her for her?

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

brimike
Sep 10 2008, 07:05 AM
I love Marlena, but anybody who thinks Deidre Hall has never had any work done, especially seeing her next to her identical twin sister? They are seriously deluding themselves.

It doesn't make her a bad person. But wow - that's a whole other level of denial that's not even worth trying to break through.
Yeah, I agree...anyone who really looks at Dee can tell she's had some work done, especially if you look at her hands. Hands are always the dead giveaway!!! Having said that, I don't fault her at all for having work done, if I was in that line of work, I'm sure I would do the same thing. And, regardless, of if she did, or didn't she's always been a beautiful woman. Now Josh Taylor on the other hand........brother needs to put the needle down!!! :biggrin:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply