Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW tidbits
Topic Started: Sep 4 2008, 08:35 AM (2,143 Views)
Jonatha

Sneak peeks:

John is jealous when Marlena considers a date with Trent
Philip invites Morgan on a romantic weekend
Max vows to kill his father
Bo and Hope close in on Nicole's connection to Trent
Nick is shot while trying to help Melanie

Victor discovers the truth about Kate and Daniel

Next week:

EJ confronts Nicole
Stefano throws a party
Philip offers Lucas a job
Marlena confides in Hope
Lexie is called before the board

An ailing Kate goes to the hospital

Late breaking news:

This respected soap actor from a West Coast show is irked that a co-star, who is new to daytime, is already rewriting dialogue. "It won't be long until there's a dressing down," predicts the vet.

Changes at Days:

In his first move as Days' co-executive producer, Gary Tomlin, has hired Emmy Award winner Christopher Whitesell as co-head writer. Longtime costume designer Richard Bloore has been replaced by Chic Gennarelli, formerly of S&B. Jayne Marie Kehoe has been named associate costume designer.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pearly
Member Avatar

Thanks Jonny!

These sound really good. I particularly like the one about Max vowing to kill his father. I bet that ties into the murder mystery. I guess Stefano throwing the party explains Roman's cocktail party, maybe? I like that Philip is offering Lucas a job at Titan. Lord knows he needs one! I REALLY hope Lexie gets the boot from the hospital board....c'mon it's been a LONG time coming. Not crazy about Kate at the hospital AGAIN but we'll see. Now this is interesting:

Quote:

Late breaking news:

This respected soap actor from a West Coast show is irked that a co-star, who is new to daytime, is already rewriting dialogue. "It won't be long until there's a dressing down," predicts the vet.

I wonder if the West Coast show they are referring to is Days, hmmmm......if so, I swear this show has more backstage shit going on than the 2008 Presidential Election.

Okay, I did some research on this guy Chic and he was also the costume designer for "Angel" and he was a costume supervisor on a couple of epis of "Charmed"..... I was a fan of both shows so I already have a biased opinion but I think he'll do well. :biggrin:

brimike

Pearly
Sep 4 2008, 08:54 AM
Thanks Jonny!

These sound really good. I particularly like the one about Max vowing to kill his father. I bet that ties into the murder mystery. I guess Stefano throwing the party explains Roman's cocktail party, maybe? I like that Philip is offering Lucas a job at Titan. Lord knows he needs one! I REALLY hope Lexie gets the boot from the hospital board....c'mon it's been a LONG time coming. Not crazy about Kate at the hospital AGAIN but we'll see. Now this is interesting:

Quote:

Late breaking news:

I wonder if the West Coast show they are referring to is Days, hmmmm......if so, I swear this show has more backstage shit going on than the 2008 Presidential Election.

Okay, I did some research on this guy Chic and he was also the costume designer for "Angel" and he was a costume supervisor on a couple of epis of "Charmed"..... I was a fan of both shows so I already have a biased opinion but I think he'll do well. :biggrin:

Pearly, you just got me excited for something on Days! I can't remember the last time that happened! Angel had kick-ass costumes! LOVE IT!!!!

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

These sound good. I've never cared for Max on this show but he vowing to avenge his father means we're probably getting a murder mystery, WHOO!!!

And my Nick gets shot? Awwwww, poor guy.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

This all sounds pretty good. I am glad that Nick is getting a storyline. Thanks Jonny!

Jonatha

I'm a little bit sad about losing Richard Bloore. He's been Days costume designer and has designed many of his own creations for Days for such a long time. I kind of doubt many of the actresses on Days, like Kristian Alfonso, are happy about losing him.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Jonatha
Sep 4 2008, 08:35 AM
Marlena confides in Hope
Oh gawd! What now? :hmmph:

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

KristianFanForever
Sep 4 2008, 09:57 AM
Jonatha
Marlena confides in Hope
LOL, it does suck that people go to Hope to talk about thier problems more than anyone else.

Thanks for posting Jonatha! I'm surprised that Nick is shot, I though he was just going to get beat up..but its probably in the arm or something less major.

I'm still really looking forward to the Kate/Victor scenes and what he'll say.

Pearly
Member Avatar

KristianFanForever
Jonatha
Marlena confides in Hope
More than likely she'll confide something boring like she's using Trent to make John jealous....but she still loves John. :blah:

Jonatha

fenderbabe
Sep 4 2008, 10:02 AM
KristianFanForever
Jonatha
Marlena confides in Hope
LOL, it does suck that people go to Hope to talk about thier problems more than anyone else.

Thanks for posting Jonatha! I'm surprised that Nick is shot, I though he was just going to get beat up..but its probably in the arm or something less major.

Brief summary from new SOD:
Melanie ends up missing and Nick finds her partying out on a yacht. Nick can tell she's in some kind of trouble. Trent has called her and said he's been gambling and strapped for cash. Trent asks Melanie to have a drink with one of his friends, Claude, to help pay off his debts. Nick arrives on the yacht and sees Melanie is in danger. A fight ensues and Nick is shot in the shoulder. Then Claude tries to get physical with Melanie and Nick makes a heroic attempt to stop Claude. Max arrives on the scene just in time with the police. Melanie visits Nick in the hospital, kisses him but tells him she is leaving.

Meanwhile, Chelsea arrives in France to mend her broken heart. Unknown to Nick, Chelsea may have seen the kiss between him and Melanie. Nick feels some power in the situation with Chelsea a bit miffed at him.

By weeks' end, the group is ready to return to Salem with Melanie with them. Nick is falling for Melanie very quickly but he's trying to stay grounded.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Why would chelsea be miffed at Nick?

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar

fenderbabe
Isn't Marlena the town shrink? :lol:

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar

Pearly
Sep 4 2008, 10:11 AM
More than likely she'll confide something boring like she's using Trent to make John jealous....but she still loves John. :blah:
In that case, I'm glad I'm no longer watching this shlop. :sleep:

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Jonatha
Sep 4 2008, 10:50 AM
Tripp
Sep 4 2008, 10:40 AM
Why would chelsea be miffed at Nick?
A bit of jealousy, maybe? :shrug:
Yea, probably. Knowing her though, she's gonna be pissed that Nick dared to get shot while she is having a major crises in her own life. He's so inconsiderate you know.

I have to admit though, this sounds better then I imagined. I figured we would just get some moment near the cafe like behind some alley where they "stop" Melanie. And Trent pimping out his daughter is interesting. Wonder if he's done that before?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

These do sound good.

I like that Nick has a story and I like Marlena/Hope scenes. I enjoy their friendship. The show needs to focus more on those types of things.

As for Lexie, it was said in the Fall previews she would make a life-altering decision for her son. I bet she gives up her job as chief of staff and becomes just a regular doctor again.

As for Bloore leaving, that does kind of suck. He's been there forever and done a good job but the last few years things have gone somewhat downhill so maybe a change will be good. The cast seems to love him though so I think this will upset them.

That BI makes me think of Kristen Renton. That could explain why she was fired. She is a newcomer and that reads like it alludes to the scandal at Days. People forget alot that there was more then just the "diva." I recall there being two others who were re-writing things. I never got the feeling Renton was liked. Other then Shelly Hennig or Rachel Melvin saying they hung out with her early on, I heard no one say anything. Usually, the cast will point out how good or nice someone is but never with Renton. Even in that interview with Jay for TV Guide or whatever, he never really all out praised her. It was more her praising him.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Sep 4 2008, 11:12 AM.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

KristianFanForever
fenderbabe
So my aunt is a shrink she talks to friends about problems.

John is JEALOUS,oh darn,thats too bad. :P :D

brimike

Jonatha
Sep 4 2008, 10:28 AM
Nick is falling for Melanie very quickly but he's trying to stay grounded.
"Quickly"?! Stefano's sharing his first real scenes in OVER A YEAR with Kate this week, and he's going to propose marriage! On this show, the fact that Nick hasn't already said "I love you" to Melanie means they're actually taking their time with it! ;)
Edited by brimike, Sep 4 2008, 11:13 AM.

peaches179

brimike
Sep 4 2008, 11:09 AM
Jonatha
Nick is falling for Melanie very quickly but he's trying to stay grounded.
"Quickly"?! Stefano's sharing his first real scenes in OVER A YEAR with Kate this week, and he's going to propose marriage! On this show, the fact that Nick hasn't already said "I love you" to Melanie means they're actually taking their time with it! ;)

LOL!

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Jonatha
fenderbabe
KristianFanForever
Jonatha
Marlena confides in Hope

Brief summary from new SOD:
Melanie ends up missing and Nick finds her partying out on a yacht. Nick can tell she's in some kind of trouble. Trent has called her and said he's been gambling and strapped for cash. Trent asks Melanie to have a drink with one of his friends, Claude, to help pay off his debts. Nick arrives on the yacht and sees Melanie is in danger. A fight ensues and Nick is shot in the shoulder. Then Claude tries to get physical with Melanie and Nick makes a heroic attempt to stop Claude. Max arrives on the scene just in time with the police. Melanie visits Nick in the hospital, kisses him but tells him she is leaving.

Meanwhile, Chelsea arrives in France to mend her broken heart. Unknown to Nick, Chelsea may have seen the kiss between him and Melanie. Nick feels some power in the situation with Chelsea a bit miffed at him.

By weeks' end, the group is ready to return to Salem with Melanie with them. Nick is falling for Melanie very quickly but he's trying to stay grounded.
I like where there are taking this storyline- Nick is shown as a hero and he has control over Chelsea....

peaches179

KristianFanForever
fenderbabe

Shame on Marlena! :shame: We all know Hope never talked to Marlena or anyone else about any of her problems through the years. :eyeroll: Anyway, I'm always glad to see hope and Marlena interact. Deidre/kristian always have nice scenes together.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply