Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ex OLTL/GL star to work with ATWT's EP
Topic Started: Sep 4 2008, 10:10 AM (393 Views)
oakdalelover

In the latest Soap Opera Digest, Fiona Hutchison (Jenna,GL,Gabrielle,OLTL) was featured in the "Where Are They Now" column.

Quote:

As for soaps,Hutchison reports,"ATWT Executive Producer Chris Goutman has invited me to shadow him as a director this fall. I love actors and I am so looking forward to it."
"I never want to stop acting,though," she clarifies."I'd love to do another soap.I'm happy to be returning someway."

Read the entire article in Soap Opera Digest,September 9,2008,Volume 33.
-------------------------------

Huutchison won't be the first actor to direct for ATWT. Grant Aleksander(GL) and John Loprieno (OLTL) have also done it.
Chris Goutman himself has appeared on Search for Tomorrow and Edge of Night.
Edited by oakdalelover, Sep 4 2008, 10:12 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

brimike

I should be REALLY excited about this... except this is where the equally-as-great-an-actress Ellen Wheeler got her start on the road to EP'ing. Now I'm wary.

oakdalelover

Ellen Wheeler was a very good director at ATWT. I used to enjoy her episodes.

What happened to her after she left and went to GL? I don't know! :shrug:
Edited by oakdalelover, Sep 4 2008, 10:14 AM.

brimike

oakdalelover
Sep 4 2008, 10:13 AM
Ellen Wheeler was a very good director at ATWT. I used to enjoy her episodes.

What happened to her after she left and went to GL? I don't know! :shrug:
Oh, I agree. EW directed some AMAZING ATWT episodes!

I shouldn't compare Ellen and Fiona, so forgive me for being negative. I re-read what I wrote and I realized one has nothing to do with the other. Fiona will probably be amazing, I just hope she doesn't pick up the sketchy-at-best, stubborn, fan-ignorant leadership skills from Chris Goutman that Ellen Wheeler did.

~bl~
Member Avatar

One thing going for Fiona is what she was doing outside of soaps since Gabrielle was killed off on OLTL.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I am excited about this.

As to Ellen Wheeler she is still a great director. The few scenes she has directed since she went to GL are still great.

As an actual producer she is not hot. As a business manager for a show she is great. She makes more out of GL's limited budget than most of the other producers do. If they knew how to manage a show as far as what actors to use, when to use them for the best benefit, and etc. - some of the other shows wouldn't have budget problems. Even when she doesn't get some things right, she knows not to use an actor for more than their guarantees - so she doesn't have to pay them more.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply