Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I bid and won James Sketch' in Burlington..; pic appearing in SOW tomorrow :)
Topic Started: Sep 4 2008, 11:51 PM (655 Views)
AllAmericanScholar

Wow, what an amazing weekend! After working all summer to plan for my classroom and working for my dad, I was so happy to get into the car with my husband Ron and drive down to Burlington. The drive down was pretty much quiet, although I hope they consider putting in some restaurants besides McDonalds in the rest stops. We arrived Thursday evening around 6pm, and I was delighted to find the Irish Pub. It reminded me of being home in Ireland with my cousins and families there. Ron and I checked in, and watched Big Brother 10. I can not miss this show!

Friday

We woke up, and ordered room service. After, we packed up, and went to the Burlington Mall, where we went to Build A Bear. I found a stuffed dog, so I stuffed it, it's so cute, and we named it Annabelle Maria after our little daughter (puppy). After, we looked around the mall, and I bought some new make-up for school. We also checked out the record store, where Ron bought a copy of the Kellie Pickler CD. We had lunch at Summer Winter, and then went upstairs to rest. We rented Made of Honour, which I would highly recommend. It was fantastic. After, we went down to the pub, and saw Thaao and Bryan having dinner, but we didn't bother them because it was their personal time. I have met other actors, singers etc.., and I never bother them on personal time, out of respect. We ordered dinner, and Ron had a shot of Bailey's. :) After, we explored the lobby, and ran into all the FL ladies here, or some of you, and it was nice meeting everyone. Unfortunately, I couldn't go to Rowan's house, because we were waiting to her from my mother-in-law's (RIP's) music professors who lived in Cape Cod, to see if we could meet up with them, but unfortunately, they never called us. Ron and I watched the Happening, and it was kind of scary.

Saturday

Yay! The day I had been looking forward to for the whole summer. Recently, my dad has been diagnosed with Diabetes, and I was excited to support a wonderful cause. We arrived, and enjoyed the Question and Answer Period. After the questions, there was the live auction bids, and we bid on the SOD picture, but lost. Then, Bryan auctioned off his picture, which was great to watch! :) Next, James auctioned off his picture, and Ron, being a good sport, bid on the picture for me. We ended up being the high bidders, so James came over to shake our hands. He remembered he had met me before, which was very cool, although I met him once in Hartford. He was very nice, and promised to sign the picture later in the day.

SoccerMom was sweet to take these pictures of when James came over after we won the bid. Thanks!! :hug:

Posted Image

James shaking our hands after winning the sketch.

Posted Image

James talking to us.

Posted Image

After this, we went into line to meet the stars. We met Bryan first, who is very nice. After, we went into James' line, and he was grateful we had bought the sketch. I asked him to sign a picture to my best friend Maria and I which was nice. He took a picture with me, and then one with Ron, which was nice of him. After that, I met Brandon, while Ron stood in line for Nadia. Brandon was sweet and signed a Happy Birthday picture to Maria. After, Ron met Nadia, and he was very excited. Nadia signed Redline, and a picture to Annabelle and Ron.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

After, we stood in line to meet Lauren, who was very sweet. She signed a picture for us, and took a picture with me. Kate's character reminds me of my mother, a lot. :)

After the day event, we went to our motel room for a bit. I was dying to get out of my heels, because I never wear heels, and it would be nice to get them off. I was surprised I lasted four hours in them! LOL

We came back downstairs and I had a lovely chat with Tiffany before the sponsorship lunch. Ron and I entered the sponsorship lunch, and noticed an empty table, so we sat down. James came and sat beside us, and Tiffany sat beside him, and Loretta on my other side. We chatted for about 45 minutes with James about a variety of topics, and I showed James a picture of our puppy Annabelle. She is the sweetest dog. He said she was pretty, and the funny thing is she knows she is pretty. She walks like a model, it's so cute. :) James was a delight to talk to, and I wasn't nervous at all. It was nice to have just an every day conversation. :)

After lunch, we went upstairs, and had some naps for the evening event.

In the evening event, I was a bit tired. I met Miou7 and Sparty at my table, and we had some good conversations. Ron ate dinner, and after, we went to sit in the lobby to relax. After this, Ron took the sketch over to James'. I felt bad about butting in line, because there was so many fans waiting. So, I sat down with a group of Ladies and ran into Speechless.

Speechless is awesome! She took Ron over to Erica, and James stopped the line, and sat down to sign the sketch. I came over, and waited while James signed the sketch. I am very appreciate of James signing the sketch. After signing the sketch, James told us we were admirable for supporting a good cause, and he commented on the picture he didn't he was that goodlooking, and I smiled. After, James asked Dennis (from SOD and SOW), to take a picture of us with the sketch.
James told me to stand on his left side, and Ron stood on the other. After, James said thank you, have a safe trip home, and he looked forward to seeing us at the next event. I wanted to take a picture with my camera, but I left my photocard in my laptop. James said we could come back to get a picture, and come right in the front of line, but I knew there was a lot of fans waiting, so I wanted to be respectful. I just bad for James because he seemed to be overwhelmed all night with the amount of lovely ladies who wanted to meet him. It must be very tiring, but he handled it like a good sport!

Posted Image

(possibly might be appearing in SOW or SOD, next week, but not 100% sure).

Posted Image

After, I ordered the sands of the hourglass martini, and it was so good. I took pictures with Matthew, and Thaao who are also very nice! :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

After, I took pictures with Miou7 and Cindy. :) Thanks ladies for being so sweet.

After that, I requested For Once In My Life by Stevie Wonder, and we just hung out. I was tired, so we went upstairs! What a wonderful day full of enchanting memories! :)

Posted Image

This is the sketch of James. I have talked to Stephen O'Brien the artist that did an amazing job on drawing the sketch. It took Stephen 60 hours to complete Bryan's and James' drawings. I thought that was amazing, and the sketch is absolutely art at it's best. I'm crossing my fingers the sketches are printed in SOW for Stephen. It would be great exposure for him.

Posted Image

Sean and Stacey are so nice. Thanks so much for all your hardwork and support. I really enjoyed the event, and everything was just exquisite and timeless. :)

Overall, my greatest impression of the evening was how generous and compassionate people can be. Every single person who attended the function are every day heroes, working together to help out others. All the Days characters were a delight to talk to, and it was wonderful to talk to just talk with humans who are actors and love what they are doing. Their passion for their craft is inspiring. I enjoyed my conversations with everyone, and it's nice to be normal and just have an everyday conversation with them. I think it's important to treat everyone in life with respect. :)

Anyways, we arrived home, safe and sound. I talked to my mom the other day, and they might venture up next year. :)

Thanks for all the lovely comments!!
Edited by AllAmericanScholar, Sep 4 2008, 11:54 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Wow! Thanks for sharing your exprience, AAS!
You and Bryan look like a real couple, and I love how Thaao just hugs all of his fans! I would love to be on the receiving end of one of those hugs!
I love to hear about events like this, and James truly seems like a great guy! I love knowing that about my favorite actors! The Days cast is just one of a kind!

Hope you continue to share your Days experiences with us!
Congrats on winning the sketch and your fame in the new SOD! I'll be on the lookout for it!

Pearly
Member Avatar

Thanks for sharing Scholar!!! That's awesome!

Kyrai

Wow, you hugged Thaao and James. I'm jealous!

Matthew looks wonderful too. Wish he would come back with Melissa.

Very enjoyable writeup. Sounds like an awesome weekend. Thanks for sharing!

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Thanks for sharing.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

wow/ thanks 4 sharing.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Wow. thanks. And that picture is smoldering. the sketch. A SKETCH is smoldering!
Quote Post Goto Top

~bl~
Member Avatar

Thank you for sharing your pictures and story! :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply