Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SUDS REPORT —Tonya Lee Williams returns to Y&R!;
Topic Started: Sep 5 2008, 09:45 AM (1,911 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/The+Suds+Report+September+5+2008/Soaps/Suds/Articles/080905_news_nelson_NB.htm?isfa=1
Edited by hunterforrester, Sep 6 2008, 08:22 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

oakdalelover

Good colunm,Nelson. Thanks!

Quote:

• Which much-maligned head writer may be out by the winter? Yep, that clue doesn’t really narrow it down, does it?

It would be hard to name a Headwriter who isn't maligned now. Even the wonder boy Ron Carlivati has had some criticism lately.

But please, in the name of Irna Phillips and Douglas Marland,let it be Jean Passanante!

brimike

"If Kate had a dollar for every kid she pushed out, DAYS would have a budget."

:roflol: :roflol:

Nelson, you KILL me!
Edited by brimike, Sep 5 2008, 10:13 AM.

daysfan
Member Avatar

I'm thinking the HW that may be out could be Dena.

Hypnotoad

Edited by Hypnotoad, Apr 10 2010, 05:08 PM.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I added this to Suds, in case any of you are film freaks, too!

The Toronto Film Festival Report — What’s a soap opera, again?
Desperate for the latest dish on Hollywood North’s hottest film festival? Click on to tiffinsider.ca for my daily blog on sizzling gossip, exclusive red-carpet interviews, and party scoop from the 33rd annual Toronto International Film Festival! Yep, I’ll be hung over all week, folks!

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

Nicole can't get pregnant.

Days4Life

Why would Stefano (or anyone else for that matter) want Kate to be their baby mama? Wouldn't they want fresher eggs? Hers have to be past their expiration date.

Sariah
Member Avatar

This is just too unkind to tease us this way about Days! The younger cast? Dare I hope that this means Stephanie and Max are gone?

~bl~
Member Avatar

The eating disorder thing...well wonder if that's Wheeler. Heard about something of that nature back when she was acting.

Zimmer on OLTL..please no as Echo's only strong tie is to Clint and that would be hella freaky.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

LOL Days 4 Life! I should have thought of that!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Quote:

Is AMC’s gain DAYS’ loss? Or the other way around? According to high-profile sources at the alphabet network, DAYS’ new co-executive producer Gary Tomlin was offered the head-writing gig on AMC “to reward him for all his efforts during the writers’ strike at One Life to Live, but he turned it down.” Why? Tomlin didn’t think AMC could be saved. Ouch. And DAYS can?

Whoa! That's something you don't hear everyday. All the time, people are talking about DAYS being a sinking ship and in the worst shape than most of the other daytime soap operas, yet we've now had 2 high profile names in the genre choosing to come over to Salem rather than the other ficitional cities of the soap world. Maybe DAYS isn't so dead after all. Obviously Ed Scott and Tomlin see something in the show.

[qote]As previously reported, AMC is preparing itself to weather a tornado this October. The stunt event will officially usher in head writer Chuck “Prime Time” Pratt Jr. into his official new post. Rumours suggest Myrtle and Dre are the likely victims, however, don’t be surprised if the victims turn out to be Babe, and Palmer! “James Mitchell [Palmer] is ill — and it’s no secret he wants to retire,” says a network source. “Jill Larson [Opal] is always visiting him to help take care of him.” As one of the best actors to grace this medium, it’d be shame to lose Mitchell now that his sexy on-screen son's back in Pine Iraq. Infectious newcomer Daniel Kennedy (Pete) is going to be a big star.[/quote]
I'm hoping the person that dies does turn out to be Babe, meaning Amanda Baker will be leaving the show. Then, when the writers are ready to have Babe come back, and Alexa Havins is ready to return to the rule, bring her back. Just make it so that Babe's body was never found after the tornado. I don't really care about Dre dying. And if Mitchell wants out, then maybe Palmer can be the one that dies as well. I'd had to lose Myrtle, but it could mean that Robin Christopher will return as Skye. Did Pratt like writing for Skye on GH?

Quote:

A suspicious casting call has gone out for Josie, a rumoured recast of Lucy. With Grayson McCouch (Dusty) back on Sept. 24, the online world is abuzz that Lucy may be Oakdale-bound.

Lets not recast Lucy and say we did.

Quote:

Expect a DAYS bloodbath, report setsiders. With new co-executive producer Gary Tomlin arriving, several actors are expected to receive a pink slip. Although one veteran will soon pack their bags, most of the dismissals will rid the show of their untalented younger cast (with the exception of Blake Berris, of course). First up? That Southern hair model, Kristen Renton is out as, um; whom does she play, again? Oh, right — no one.

The untalanated young are getting their pink slips? What! This is DAYS, right? That's such a great thing to hear. For once, we have an EP that knows that talent brings success and if they're going to be forced to display the younger set, at least they're getting rid of the dead weight, the bad actors. If that's the case, then Blake Berris, Rachel Melvin, Darin Brooks and the new actress that plays Melanie should have no worries. Shelley Henning, on the other hand, I'd pack your bags. HAHA!

Quote:

the reel world, Stefano proposes to Kate this week, and asks the divine Ms. Roberts to be his baby mama. Wow — talk about being fertile. If Kate had a dollar for every kid she pushed out, DAYS would have a budget.

HAHA! Good one Nelson. But really, this better not mean Stefano wants to impregnate Kate. She can't carry children, damn it! Do any of the writer do their homework? Hell, Higley was there writing when it was made a big deal that Kate couldn't carry Philip. And with all of the female problems she's had throughout the years with her uterus, there's no way this bitch can have a child.

Quote:

Speaking of Abbotts, Eileen Davidson’s permanent return to Y&R from sister soap, B&B is now being labeled “recurring.” WTF? What did she ever do to these people? Forget pimps — it’s hard out there for a talented and gorgeous actress on the Bell soaps.

WHAT! Ashley Abbott is a well established character on Y&R and they're only giving her a recurring gig? I mean, yes Tracey E. Bregman is only recurring as Lauren and she gets more screentime than a lot of the contract players, but still. What does Davidson have to do get some respect around the Bell shows?

Quote:

Which much-maligned head writer may be out by the winter? Yep, that clue doesn’t really narrow it down, does it?

Dena Higley, I hope.

Mason

I would hope that Higley is out before winter.

sungrey

~bl~
Sep 5 2008, 12:06 PM
The eating disorder thing...well wonder if that's Wheeler. Heard about something of that nature back when she was acting.

Zimmer on OLTL..please no as Echo's only strong tie is to Clint and that would be hella freaky.
Only food can save the world...
Only food can save the world...
Only food.

Sorry. I know eating disorders are nothing to joke about, but in this case I couldn't resist.

Deleted User
Deleted User

"Um, aren’t Republicans suffering enough right now?"

That's a very partisan comment. Seems to me that it's the opposite. Mccain and Palin KICKED ASS this week. Poor Obama, the "community organizer." HA!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

"That Southern hair model, Kristen Renton is out as, um; whom does she play, again? Oh, right — no one."

Ouch! Some people were beginning to enjoy a little Phorgan.
Quote Post Goto Top

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

Kate has to be at least 55 and needed invitro to have Phillip with Victor. Vivian carried Phillip for them. I can't remember if Kate just couldn't get pregnant the old fashioned way or if she couldn't even carry a child anymore.

If she suddenly gets pregnant with Stefano that is ridiculous and just another story not set in reality where the audience cannot emotionally relate to the story. Why would Stefano want a child with someone as old as Kate??? He wants a baby with down syndrome or other health problems???

I could see him propositioning a woman to have another kid but NOT Kate.

As for the writer, I hope it is Dena but I think it is either the GH guy or the Jean Passante.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Not to be political, but I think Sarah Palin's child should remind us all that a child with Down syndrome is NOT unwanted or undesirable. He or she is still a child.

Having said that, I agree that it's a bit strange for Stefano to want a child with a bitch that old. Unless he were the Devil or something, and needed her for his spawn. then it would be character-driven.
Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Stefano is starting to get pathetic.

Deleted User
Deleted User

OneBadKitty
Sep 5 2008, 03:13 PM
Stefano is starting to get pathetic.
Starting? He's been pathetic for about a decade now!
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply