Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Promo for wk of 9/8
Topic Started: Sep 5 2008, 04:18 PM (1,130 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

http://www.nbc.com/Days_of_our_Lives/video/index.shtml#cat=25262
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pearly
Member Avatar

:laugh: You beat me to it, Angie!

Is it good?? Tell me...tell me!!

Mason
Member Avatar

God, this all looks stupid.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Eww, that whole promo was lame, LoL.

John/Marlena/Trent? REALLY?

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

boring........

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Sami,I don't give a hoot about that whiner.

John giving Trent a knuckle sandwhich,YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,I have been wanting John to fight for Marlena for months,too bad she didn't do that to Ava,I would have so watched that.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Well, I'm always for John punching someone making a move on Marlena, but the writing for this is SO bad. First of all it makes no sense that Marlena is willing to give Trent a chance but not John, since he is at least trying to change somewhat. And it's like deja vu all over again with the divorce mention, only this time it's Marlena dating someone else. But it looks like there isn't even a date. It's like Higley comes up with an idea like "John gets jealous" and then has to fit the characters into her idea, and doesn't write any build up. This whole thing probably happens at the pub, and then we'll be on to Higley's next brilliant idea. Same thing with the Sami custody thing. Higley thinks, what can I do next with Sami/Lucas/EJ/Chloe/Nicole? A custody fight! Let's have Sami lose custody without actually showing that part of the story, then let's have her steal the baby because gee that sounds like an exciting episode. Meanwhile, I'll put Stefano in the DiMansion and parade everyone in and out of there for weeks.

cassie1013

LOL to John/Marlena/Trent...

Alligato
Member Avatar

Good gracious! This Sami crap is ridiculous! If they could actually talk like grown adults and get along, especially if they were each other's love of their lives, this wouldn't be such a big deal. Sami is acting like a friggin child!

John/Marlena/Trent are kind of silly too. Does John really view Trent as that big of a threat? Especially as he was banging a chick just a few weeks ago and parading that around in front of Marlena.

I think both of these stories are silly...but hopefully they play out better on screen.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Alligato
Sep 5 2008, 07:21 PM
Good gracious! This Sami crap is ridiculous! If they could actually talk like grown adults and get along, especially if they were each other's love of their lives, this wouldn't be such a big deal. Sami is acting like a friggin child!
Well, yesterday EJ told Stefano, "When I grow up, I don't want to be like you." So, he's not even grown up yet. And Sami will never grow up.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Personally, I have to chuckle at the whole notion of two guys dishing it out over Marlena, but that's just me. It'll be good for comic relief, though.
Sami, well..........the character definitely needs to go on vacation.

Mason
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Sep 5 2008, 08:03 PM
And may I suggest the Bermuda Triangle? I hear it's lovely this time of year. :smile:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Sep 5 2008, 08:07 PM
ladyofthelake
And may I suggest the Bermuda Triangle? I hear it's lovely this time of year. :smile:
I hear that, too. So secluded, no one can find you and disturb you. Yes, Sami needs to go get her head on straight..........for a while..........good long while...............

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Sep 5 2008, 07:46 PM
Alligato
Sep 5 2008, 07:21 PM
Well, yesterday EJ told Stefano, "When I grow up, I don't want to be like you."
LMAO

Well EJ is supposed to be like 10, right? LOL

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Mason
Sep 5 2008, 08:07 PM
ladyofthelake
HAHAHA

Kyrai

Jiggs
Sep 5 2008, 06:31 PM
Well, I'm always for John punching someone making a move on Marlena, but the writing for this is SO bad. First of all it makes no sense that Marlena is willing to give Trent a chance but not John, since he is at least trying to change somewhat. And it's like deja vu all over again with the divorce mention, only this time it's Marlena dating someone else. But it looks like there isn't even a date. It's like Higley comes up with an idea like "John gets jealous" and then has to fit the characters into her idea, and doesn't write any build up. This whole thing probably happens at the pub, and then we'll be on to Higley's next brilliant idea. Same thing with the Sami custody thing. Higley thinks, what can I do next with Sami/Lucas/EJ/Chloe/Nicole? A custody fight! Let's have Sami lose custody without actually showing that part of the story, then let's have her steal the baby because gee that sounds like an exciting episode. Meanwhile, I'll put Stefano in the DiMansion and parade everyone in and out of there for weeks.
Couldn't have said it better. I hate this writing.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Boring!

Tricky
Member Avatar

watching for the ejami...as usual the rest....naptime!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Jealous John is something I'm interested in. This Trent thing is only for a couple weeks, which is good because I'm not that big on it. I will enjoy this stuff though. Can't wait for Trent to get punched.

As for the Sami stuff, I like it. This is very much Sami. All or nothing. The same shit she did with Will. She just can't share. I also like that it's not really so much a regression. She's concerned about her child's welfare. Monday's episode focuses a great deal on why she does what she does.

I have to admit the Sami part of this promo was very much like something out of the 90's. That voiceover saying "Sami doesn't like to share" sounding like some of the lines out of the 90's.

Not a bad promo. Glad they went back to multiple stories being featured in it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply