Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N RATINGS — JUST THE TOP LISTS; TVGC
Topic Started: Sep 8 2008, 07:55 AM (530 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/The+Nelson+Ratings+September+8+2008/Soaps/Nelson_Ratings/Articles/080908_ratings_nelson_NB.htm?isfa=1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Good stuff! Thanks Nelson! I can't believe what a difference a year or even less can make in the case of OLTL! The show was on fire before the strike! Is there ANY chance of Kay Alden switching horses in mid-stream and scratching the dreadful Katie/Nick stuff? This storyline more than any other is dragging the show down! HT deserves SO much better!

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Thanks NB!

Mason
Member Avatar

I'll admit, the last couple months of OLTL have definitely left quite a bit to be desired, but I feel like the show is (slowly) getting back on track.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I'm disappointed in ONE LIFE, but I don't think it's as bad as Nelson's stating. I do wish Tina wasn't played so comical and was played with more vets. I'm sick of the Marty/Todd mess and want Marty's memory back pronto with maybe Marty killing (or at least shooting) Todd in self-defense. I'm sick of irritating shrew Marcie, want her dead, Michael with maybe Jessica or Layla, and Starr deciding to keep her baby and her and Cole getting back together. Also I'm sick of Tess. The story's not being written correctly, Tess is dumb this time and is acting like Tess not Jess most of the time plus people that should know she's really Tess (i.e. Natalie) have no clue. I also agree that Sarah should be re-cast. Also the Mendorra story was a mess, that should've been on PASSIONS. ONE LIFE should not be copying PASSIONS. PASSIONS was canceled for a reason.
Quote Post Goto Top

lolalot

Nelson is exactlyright! I think OLTL sucks right now. The only thing I'm enjoying right now is Tess. I love AE but her return was unwatchable as she was just a prop in the lame Vega/Mendora snoozefest. Tarty makes me GAG! All RC wants to do lately is redo old SL's. zzzzzzzzzz.... :soapbox:

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

OMFG: I changed younger actress; because of the film festival I've had no sleep, etc but that's no excuse for forgetting MELISSA FREAKIN' FUMERO. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!! It's changed now. Forgive me, Melissa!!!!!!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Good stuff as usual, Nelson.

I agree completely with you about OLTL and also agree with Mulder and lolalot. The OLTL we had in May and June was not perfect but at least it was driven by emotion and focused on realism with some camp tossed in. It was grounded. Now, I feel like Ron is either ripping off past stories or stealing story ideas from JER. Mendorra, Rebecca...I mean Tina, the time travel shit (regardless of how it ended, it still was ridiculous), and now the secret room stuff which is very close to a ripoff of JER's story on Days. Plus, the Todd/Marty story is so offensive IMO and it's moving at a snail's pace, which doesn't help. I'm not saying a show should shy away from controversial themes or topics but this is a sensitive issue and the center of this story is one of the show's most famous plotlines. I just don't think you can touch it. To me, it's on par with if Days decided to bring Isabella back from the dead after she passed away from pancreatic cancer. That would be offensive to all those who knew someone or have that disease and it would be shitting all over history.

Y&R is really the only soap on fire right now IMO. It's going back to what it should be. Hogan and MAB are doing a solid job. Days is much better too IMO. AMC is getting there. OLTL IMO is regressing below those 3. It's just a mess.

I agree about your younger actress picks too except Rachel Melvin should be on there too.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

When a great show sucks, in my mind, it's worse than a bad show still sucking. Does that make sense?
Edited by hunterforrester, Sep 9 2008, 08:53 AM.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

What do you think of 'OLTL's controversial Todd-Marty showmance? GO TO TVGUIDE.CA to vote

It's offensive on every level! - 25%

It's riveting, but uncomfortable to watch - 8%

Ron Carlivati has turned the best rape storyline in soap history into ratings stunt ploy! - 25%

Nelson's Choice: This storyline has made me delete 'OLTL' from my DVR permanently! - 17%

Whatever anyone thinks, Trevor St. John and Susan Haskell have major chemistry! - 0%

Marty and Todd are not Luke and Laura ? and never will be - 0%

What are the odds of a rape victim falling into her rapist's bed with amnesia ? seriously? - 25%

Edited by hunterforrester, Sep 9 2008, 09:56 AM.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

hunterforrester
Sep 9 2008, 08:53 AM
When a great show sucks, in my mind, it's worse than a bad show still sucking. Does that make sense?
YES!!!!!!!!!!!

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

I totally disagree about OLTL. I think the show is great right now. I am loving the Todd/Marty story and think Ron is a bold genius for going with it. I can't wait for Marty to realize who Todd is to her and the blow out from that. I don't see the story as a romance at all and that is not how it is supposed to be playing out. Marty doesn't know who Todd is and, at one time, was attracted to him and had consensual sex with him before she knew who he really was.There is no reason to think if she didn't know who he was again, that she would fall for him again.

I love the Tess/Natalie/Tina storyline. I think Andrea is playing Tina too campy though and wish someone would tell her to tone it down.

Now that 1968 is over the Rex/Gigi/Brody/Shane story can play out and I like where it is going. That is some good stuff there.

The big problem with the show isTalia/Antonio and Cristian/Sarah. I can't stand that foursome. They are so boring and the Mendora storyline was just terrible except for seeing Cain Rogan again.

John/Blair, Cole/Starr bleh. But at least it's watchable.

I don't think Ron is destroying history at all. He is USING history to create drama today on the show that the longterm audience can relate to. That is what soaps SHOULD do instead of the old lazy method of rewriting the past instead.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I respectively disagree. It's not Andrea — Tina would wipe the floor clean with Tess. Heck — she dealt with Nikki! And Ron's is using every single old OLTL Story that isn't his. Tess. Tina. 1968. Todd-Marty. John and Blair is his, that's it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply