Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Dena Higley blog 9/8
Topic Started: Sep 8 2008, 06:04 PM (2,623 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

As for the fam...
September 8, 2008

Well, it's been a while. As you may or may not know, there's been a lot of fuss going on behind the scenes here at DAYS. But the dust has settled and we're moving forward. We have some very fun story coming up and I'm really enthusiastic about it.

As for the fam...

Adelle went to her first day of 7th grade today. I now officially have all four kids back in school. Mark drove with Connor back to Florida and stayed back there for two weeks to make sure Connor was settled in. When Mark finally did leave him, he called me and told me how hard it was to set CK loose back in college. I was so nervous I couldn't breathe for a few minutes. Typical parent, right? Anyway, Connor's doing fine. He has started classes and is profiting from the programs at his college which are tailored to fit his needs.

Jensen doesn't like me to blog about her but she's doing great in college!

Helio was a bit overwhelmed by how many kids there are at his public Jr. High but he's handling the transition really well, helping the other kids open their lockers and gearing up to do some serious running in P.E.

I'm just getting ready to go pick up Adelle from her first day, so I'm looking forward to hearing how it went. She's so awesome. She's getting a new leg on Saturday with an adjustable foot so she can wear high heels. Isn't that amazing? She'll also finally be able to wear flip-flops. She's so excited. And she's teaching herself how to play keyboard. She just has those three little fingers but that doesn't stop her from typing on her computer keyboard like a fiend and playing Jonas Brothers music on the piano. And she's the only one of my kids who reads my blog. So... way to go, Addie!

Stay tuned to DAYS for some serious fun as we ratchet up the drama between Sami, EJ, Nicole, Lucas and Chloe.

And John and Marlena are far from over.

And... sweet little Theo who is played by the most amazing little actor. (Not to mention some high drama with his Mom and Dad...)

And... well, a bunch of other stories I'll talk about later.

http://www.daysofourlives.com/denasblog/2008/09/post.php
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Angie79
Sep 8 2008, 06:04 PM
Well, it's been a while. As you may or may not know, there's been a lot of fuss going on behind the scenes here at DAYS thanks to me. But the dust has settled since I finally got my way and we're moving forward with even shittier stories than before. We have some very fun story coming up that you'll hate and I'll love and I'm really enthusiastic about it.
Fixed! :)

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Right on Kenny! :rockon:

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Kenny
Sep 8 2008, 06:09 PM
Angie79
Well, it's been a while. As you may or may not know, there's been a lot of fuss going on behind the scenes here at DAYS thanks to me. But the dust has settled since I finally got my way and we're moving forward with even shittier stories than before. We have some very fun story coming up that you'll hate and I'll love and I'm really enthusiastic about it.
LOL Kenny :lol:

Kyrai

Kenny
Angie79
As usual, you write better than she does. Thanks!

Pearly
Member Avatar

Fuck you Dena!! No more fucking triangles!!!!! :flipoff:

::regains composure::

Thanks Angie!! :)

Pearly
Member Avatar

Kenny
Angie79
Ya know it, Kenny!! :cheers:

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Right on to you too, Pearly!

Days4Life

Thanks, Kenny; we know your version is much closer to the truth.

I don't understand why she keeps using this blog to talk about her family, especially since the children don't want to be talked about. No offense to her family...I'm sure they are all wonderful and lovely and smart and talented...but I'm really not interested. The only "dish" I want from Dena is about DAYS.

peaches179

Angie79
Stay tuned to DAYS for some serious fun as we ratchet up the drama between Sami, EJ, Nicole, Lucas and Chloe.

Wow! I'm on the edge of my seat wondering what's going to happen next! :blah:

ginababe
BANNED

I just thought of something.. Could Dena be sending us a clue w/ the word "ratchet" or am I looking to deep into this?

Sariah
Member Avatar

I didn't mind her blogging about personal stuff in the beginning - how it was sort of a "get to know you better" so that you'd understand the person behind the writer.

I understand the person now, so I don't need the updates on her kids. This isn't her Christmas card letter.

Why doesn't she talk more about the show?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pearly
Member Avatar

ginababe
Sep 8 2008, 06:43 PM
I just thought of something.. Could Dena be sending us a clue w/ the word "ratchet" or am I looking to deep into this?
ratch·et
–noun
1. a toothed bar with which a pawl engages.
2. (not in technical use) a pawl or the like used with a ratchet or ratchet wheel.
3. a mechanism consisting of such a bar or wheel with the pawl.
4. ratchet wheel.
5. a steady progression up or down: the upward ratchet of oil prices.
–verb (used with object), verb (used without object) 6. to move by degrees (often fol. by up or down): to ratchet prices up; Interest rates have been ratcheting downward.

Gina, it's a case of same shit, different use of words.

ginababe
BANNED

Damn, I was hoping Nicole would go crazy, and her weapon of choice would be a "ratchet" ;)

King
Member Avatar

Well, I enjoy her in these blogs.

Everyone uses their blogs to talk about non-DAYS personal stuff.

Hell, Ali's blog was promoted as a "baby blog"
Edited by King, Sep 8 2008, 06:57 PM.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

This woman is fah-reek-in CLUELESS.

Jonatha

This woman is a writer? Why does she capitalize Theo's 'Mom and Dad?" But other than that:

"And... well, a bunch of other stories I'll talk about later."

Ummm, nevermind and don't bother. And as an afterthought, go home and take care of your family rather than ruining my soap. Thanks, Dena. :flipoff:

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

thanks ang~

shiningstar

This woman (if you can even categorize her as that. Her skin is pulled so tightly across her face, it's almost robotic) really wants to kill the show. Oh wait, she's already succeeded. If she doesn't stop writing crap, I will have no problem bashing her head in with a ratchet. How's that for irony? ;)
Edited by shiningstar, Sep 8 2008, 07:38 PM.

Ellie

King
Sep 8 2008, 06:56 PM
Everyone uses their blogs to talk about non-DAYS personal stuff.

Hell, Ali's blog was promoted as a "baby blog"
Right, but Dena's blog is being promoted as a show blog. It's on the "News and Events" section of the Sony page. News and events of what - Dena's dinner table??
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply