Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Dena Higley blog 9/8
Topic Started: Sep 8 2008, 06:04 PM (2,619 Views)
Rakesh198
Member Avatar

McCain should have picked Dena for his VP.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daisysmommy

More J&M is ALL I needed to hear. :D :D :D

Remember, triangle-haters-- Ali is going on maternity leave. They have to do SOMETHING...

More J&M-- that's what I am talking about! Did I say that already?

I thnk if she had mentioned there would be far less STAX I would have been even more thrilled.

But, I read what I wanted...

I know the Dansea people are all mad-- trust me, know the feeling. Wonder how Dena feels about it....

Ellie

Jonatha
Sep 8 2008, 07:29 PM
This woman is a writer? Why does she capitalize Theo's 'Mom and Dad?" But other than that:

"And... well, a bunch of other stories I'll talk about later."

Ummm, nevermind and don't bother. And as an afterthought, go home and take care of your family rather than ruining my soap. Thanks, Dena. :flipoff:

lol she almost always makes mistakes like that. Not only that, but her blog is so boring. Just like the show.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie!
LOL, Kenny!

And I agree about the family thing. Why does this always come off sounding like a Christmas card. I get she has a family and happy news she wants to share, but 4 paragraphs about her kids and 4 sentences about the show...which one does she think I read her blog for???

I want show scoop. I want to know what she is thinking when she is writing. I want to know if she talks to the actors and what she thinks of the execs, and I want to see her give some ideas about what is going to happen.

She blogs like she writes Days....shitty.

And even though Ali is writing personal stuff, really...I just want to read about Days and her take on things. I like these actors and all, but I really want to hear about the show. Why do they think I care to read about what their kids think rather than what they think about the show and what is going on????
Edited by Alligato, Sep 8 2008, 07:59 PM.

Ponz
Member Avatar

I don't know if she's intentionally dumbing down her blogs but she sounds remarkably inarticulate for a professional writer. Even the worst daytime hacks are generally quite eloquent in expressing themselves.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

John and Marlena are far from over,I knew that already,but like her just putting it out there.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

Everyone uses their blogs to talk about non-DAYS personal stuff.

Hell, Ali's blog was promoted as a "baby blog"

I suppose I don't mind it as much when an actor blogs about their personal life because much as I would love some set-side scoop from them, I honestly don't expect to get it. They're usually under instruction not to reveal spoilers in their storylines, and they (typically) have no control over what they're acting out. They also usually can't afford to go around badmouthing the show that employs them if they don't like their storyline, which is why we see so many of them talking it up as if they love the crap they're given.

The headwriter, on the other hand, is the one actually writing the story. So that's what I want to hear about from her. She's going to dictate who/what is on screen. She can leave all their BTS drama out of it, but I'm interested in what DH is doing professionally.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

I'm glad her family's doing well but I don't care to hear about them, especially not to the point where they are the focal point of the blog. The time spent to discuss the details of her homelife could have been utilized to discuss those vague "other stories" she is promising.
Edited by DolceDiMera, Sep 8 2008, 08:25 PM.

Pearly
Member Avatar

King
Sep 8 2008, 06:56 PM
Well, I enjoy her in these blogs.

I don't care if Dena decides to go Food Network on us and starts posting a "Recipe of the Day". What I will not tolerate is having this woman insult my intelligence by sounding giddy and pretending like everything is peachy-fucking-keen with her writing. Continuously attempting to ram down our throats the same fucking story with EJ, Sami, Nicole, Lucas, Chloe quintangle from hell and her various other shiteous storylines is not gonna fly! :soapbox:

Mason
Member Avatar

Damn, she still has that shitty ass blog? Ugh. Lovely.

Kyrai

daisysmommy
Sep 8 2008, 07:51 PM
More J&M is ALL I needed to hear. :D :D :D

Remember, triangle-haters-- Ali is going on maternity leave. They have to do SOMETHING...

More J&M-- that's what I am talking about! Did I say that already?

I thnk if she had mentioned there would be far less STAX I would have been even more thrilled.

But, I read what I wanted...

I know the Dansea people are all mad-- trust me, know the feeling. Wonder how Dena feels about it....

I don't want more J&M from Higley. She's making them Lumi. I never thought either of them would ever treat the other like this when they have their faculties. If John ever gets his brain back, she'll probably have him tear Marlena apart. 'Waste of time'. That's the reason right there he went for Ava. How many times is Marlena going to tell him that he's nothing or less than nothing?

I wish Payla were my favorite couple. When Steve was brainwashed by EJ, Kayla fought for him. Marlena is only fighting for 'HER' John back like she wants. If she can't have him like he was, he's not worth the effort. I honestly never saw Marlena giving much effort anyway. Aside from running off to Colorado, all she ever did was berate him about the disk and his memories and him not being 'old' John. She never tried to help him. She used to be a shrink, so she should have a clue how to do that.

I hate that Kate is scheduled for other stories because dagnabit, he needs someone who cares about him and wants to figure out what's wrong with him and help him vs. get her lapdog back. Isn't Laura out there somewhere? She should come back and take care of him like Marlena should have to begin with.

'Waste of time'. How apropos, that is what I think about Higley's Days right now. Every storyline is a waste of time.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kyrai
Sep 8 2008, 10:28 PM
I don't want more J&M from Higley. She's making them Lumi. I never thought either of them would ever treat the other like this when they have their faculties.
I agree. For literally the first time EVER in all the time that I've been watching DAYS, I can honestly say that I don't care about J&M (as a couple). Thanks Dena. You're doing a real bang up job!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King

I agree.

I'm not big on her but I do enjoy hearing about the lives of celebrities and it also makes her relatable. I do wish she would focus more on the show but she did do that a bit toward the end. I hope she does that more. She can just mix her personal life in with stuff about the show. I think that will be fine.

This is the first blog entry where I felt like she was excited about what she was doing. She seemed comfortable. I can understand people hating her and not liking the blog though. I happen to be enjoying the show right now and think the stories are progressing nicely. Hope it continues.

Mason
Member Avatar

Of course she's excited. She just got rid of the one person who wouldn't take her horrendous crap, LoL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Well, yeah but I'm speaking more about the stories. She seemed excited about what she was doing and I think that is a good thing. I know some see it as bad but a writer being excited means that they will at least be into what they are doing and put an effort out there.

I know someone is going to post a reply that bashes Higley. I expect it. Just stating it from my point of view :laugh: .

GatsbyGirl
Member Avatar

Kenny
Sep 8 2008, 06:09 PM
Angie79
Sep 8 2008, 06:04 PM
Well, it's been a while. As you may or may not know, there's been a lot of fuss going on behind the scenes here at DAYS thanks to me. But the dust has settled since I finally got my way and we're moving forward with even shittier stories than before. We have some very fun story coming up that you'll hate and I'll love and I'm really enthusiastic about it.
Fixed! :)
LMAO! You got it, Kenny. :laugh:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Sep 8 2008, 11:38 PM
King

I agree.

I'm not big on her but I do enjoy hearing about the lives of celebrities and it also makes her relatable. I do wish she would focus more on the show but she did do that a bit toward the end. I hope she does that more. She can just mix her personal life in with stuff about the show. I think that will be fine.

This is the first blog entry where I felt like she was excited about what she was doing. She seemed comfortable. I can understand people hating her and not liking the blog though. I happen to be enjoying the show right now and think the stories are progressing nicely. Hope it continues.
I agree with Mason. She's excited because she got her way. To hell with what everyone else thinks.

FanODays

Days4Life
Sep 8 2008, 06:20 PM
Thanks, Kenny; we know your version is much closer to the truth.

I don't understand why she keeps using this blog to talk about her family, especially since the children don't want to be talked about. No offense to her family...I'm sure they are all wonderful and lovely and smart and talented...but I'm really not interested. The only "dish" I want from Dena is about DAYS.
Dena is like Sarah Palin, she can use her kids for self-promotion but god forbid anybody else talks about them then they cry 'foul.'

FanODays

ladyofthelake
Sep 9 2008, 06:13 AM
PhoenixRising05
Sep 8 2008, 11:38 PM
King

I agree.

I agree with Mason. She's excited because she got her way. To hell with what everyone else thinks.
Its going to be interesting to see how many people are watching now that the Olympics are over as a lead in. That will be telling in itself. Maybe I am in a minority because I really don't like the show and find very, very few of the characters worth watching. I tried yesterday and even found the Bope stuff really bad.

I still believe in 'what goes around comes around.' Higley got rid of Scott but notice there still has been no formal announcement of a renewal? Higley might just find herself being in the position of head writer when NBC pulls the plug on Days.

brimike

^^^ I guarantee you DH will be there for the end. If Corday didn't get her out after the b.s. that was 2008, he never will. And after that, she'll be screwed - ABC won't hire her back, the Guild won't support her, CBS will avoid her like the plague... she may have cemented an income for herself for two years, but I'm not so sure her antics will help her land anything else after this.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply