Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Dena Higley blog 9/8
Topic Started: Sep 8 2008, 06:04 PM (2,481 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

I really can't stand this hack.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

I say the announcement to cancel days comes Sept. 29th. Higley is terrible but all the thanks should go to Corday.

kpuma

Why that date? Curious...

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

kpuma
Sep 9 2008, 03:50 PM
Why that date? Curious...
No reason. I just thought it was time to start the pool on when the exact date the cancellation announcement comes. It's that close to happening.

Pearly
Member Avatar

ElvisDiMera
Sep 9 2008, 03:43 PM
I say the announcement to cancel days comes Sept. 29th. Higley is terrible but all the thanks should go to Corday.
:OhMy: :scared: :drunk:

brimike

I don't know. It seems weird to me to bring in Gary and Chris, only to cancel the show. (Although Chris Goutman was brought in to save AW only a year before it was canceled)

My guess is that it will get a year pick-up, and that'll probably be it - unless they can shoot up in the ratings, and STAY there consistently for a good six months (at least). Little ratings hikes will do nothing to impress the network. If they really can get the show up to a whole new tier in the Nielsens, that's a different story. But the last time ANY soap saw that kind of jump was the SSK for the first few months... and I don't know. I'm not so sure the Days canvas is set to launch anything on that scale. At least anything the audience won't see through and roll their eyes at.

JandM4evermore
Member Avatar

Oh lord, she is back!! She writes her blog likes she writes for the show, short with no depth and a lot of stuff most of us don't care about. Ed Scott we miss you and need you back!!! If this keeps up I expect this show to be cancelled in the near future :soapbox:

Ives
Member Avatar

Kyrai
Sep 8 2008, 10:28 PM

I wish Payla were my favorite couple. When Steve was brainwashed by EJ, Kayla fought for him. Marlena is only fighting for 'HER' John back like she wants. If she can't have him like he was, he's not worth the effort. I honestly never saw Marlena giving much effort anyway. Aside from running off to Colorado, all she ever did was berate him about the disk and his memories and him not being 'old' John. She never tried to help him. She used to be a shrink, so she should have a clue how to do that.

Well, Steve and Kayla are my favorite couple ( I returned to Days when I heard of their return). But truthfully, it has not been so great to be a Steve and Kayla fan - especially this year. I love SN and MBE and *they* have hardly ever disappointed. I can't say the same for the writing, though. I am still waiting for a story with a real conclusion and character driven purpose . . . Seriously, after over 2 years, I can't believe I am still waiting for this.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

brimike
Sep 10 2008, 10:18 AM
I don't know. It seems weird to me to bring in Gary and Chris, only to cancel the show. (Although Chris Goutman was brought in to save AW only a year before it was canceled)

My guess is that it will get a year pick-up, and that'll probably be it - unless they can shoot up in the ratings, and STAY there consistently for a good six months (at least). Little ratings hikes will do nothing to impress the network. If they really can get the show up to a whole new tier in the Nielsens, that's a different story. But the last time ANY soap saw that kind of jump was the SSK for the first few months... and I don't know. I'm not so sure the Days canvas is set to launch anything on that scale. At least anything the audience won't see through and roll their eyes at.
They can do whatever they want, nothing will impact the ratings unless you speed up time and get to another Olympics year. Soaps need to just hang on to what they have and it seems like the networks could care less anyway. They are clearly looking at something else. I haven idea what but they don't seem to care.

I think your right in that they wouldn't be making cast cuts and changes if they were going off the air in March. I do think NBC's problems as a whole is kind of benefiting Days. NBC has bigger problems so their focus is not on daytime. Plus, I have a feeling Corday has allowed NBC to use Days to promote other shows and causes. That is why we have all the Green pimpage and the autism story, along with cameos from NBC shows. I think that may be one of his selling points...NBC using Days as a promotional tool.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply