Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Weekly Discussion; Week Of 9/8
Topic Started: Sep 8 2008, 10:22 PM (3,191 Views)
Kyrai

Ellie
Sep 9 2008, 01:10 AM
This is the first show in years (literally) that I've wanted to turn off before Marlena's scenes are over. Congrats, Dena - quite an accomplishment.
Same here. I would never have thought I'd ever want to turn off Days in the middle of a J&M scene. I can't stand to watch what Higley has done to Marlena.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

I thought yesterday was a total waste of time. I'm generally pretty easy going about the show when it doesn't involve destroying Steve and Kayla's characters, but yesterday was just all kinds of bad to me. It was boring, 99% filler, and just plain bad. The only moment I really liked was when Marlena threw Ava in John's face, but that had more to do with being shocked that the writers remembered all the way back to Ava. I think Marlena's about face makes no sense and I just don't buy that this is the way she would be handling this situation. It's another example of Dena writing the character to fit the plot and it's stupid and unnecessary.

Everything in the pub was filler except for Tony and Philip which was interesting but hardly enough to save the day. I hate the way they are writing Sami with her irrational opposition to joint custody. I appreciate that they referenced her screwed up childhood as some motivation for wanting Allie's life to be better, she's decided to focus on the least screwed up thing in Allie's life (the joint custody), instead of things like living in the DiMansion, NuJohn, Stefano, the fact that her twins have two daddies, etc. Everything about that scene bugged.

Bo and Hope in the park were cute. They do schmoopy quite well. But the schmoopy needs to be balanced with something substantive and today it just wasn't so I couldn't even get into their scenes that much. It was just a bad, bad day.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life

I thought Monday's show was pretty good, with the exception of the Marlena scenes. I don't know if it's the acting, writing, or storyline that's bothering me--I don't feel like investing the time to actually think about it very deeply--all I know is that while I'm watching her scenes, I don't like her.

I loved Tony/Lexie, and I got a very foreboding feeling from their conversation. I'm very much looking forward to this Dimera civil war. I thought it was interesting that Tony approached Philip, especially since Victor and Stefano had their very friendly meeting last week. Victor/Stefano against Philip/Tony? Not likely, but I like to see things shaken up.

I saw shades of the old Sami today, and even though I hate the thought of another Lucas/Sami custody war, it's good to see her get fired up. EJ is clearly exasperated with her and is preparing himself for the worst (because everyone knows Sami isn't going to sit back and quietly accept this custody arrangement), but I like John standing with her and being her ally. This story does have potential, despite the custody do-over aspect. I like that they explained Sami's motivation and also why John understands her side, because Sami has matured enough that her typical selfish motivations won't work any more. Whereas in the past most of her schemes were because she wanted something or someone for herself, I do believe she thinks she's acting in Ali's best interests right now.

Bo and Hope's picnic was cute. They have such wonderful chemistry that even simple little scenes like that work great.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

The only thing I liked about Monday's show was Tony/Phillip scenes and the Lexie/Tony scenes with a side of Bope.

Tuesday's show so far has been solid though, I wasn't expecting Trent to whore out his daughter. Of course now I am interested with this Trent stuff and now he has been given the axe.

On a shallow note, Ari looked amazing in that dress.

Its just 22 minutes in, but so far its been much better than Monday's show.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

As long as we are nit picking things like how someone chooses to play a scene, or background music I must weigh in on the thing about the episode that bothered me the most that no one has mentioned here. I think it must be an unpopular opinion, but it is mine: When EJ was holding Ali and his phone was ringing and he said to Ali "Daddy's phone is ringing." Don't you think that would confuse poor Ali more than Lucas having joint custody? I know EJ would like to be her daddy, but, as of this writing (which could change at any time, LOL) he is not. I'm sure he wouldn't like it if Lucas did the same with Johnny. What a mess this storyline is.

Days4Life

ArizonaDaze
Sep 9 2008, 12:34 PM
As long as we are nit picking things like how someone chooses to play a scene, or background music I must weigh in on the thing about the episode that bothered me the most that no one has mentioned here. I think it must be an unpopular opinion, but it is mine: When EJ was holding Ali and his phone was ringing and he said to Ali "Daddy's phone is ringing." Don't you think that would confuse poor Ali more than Lucas having joint custody? I know EJ would like to be her daddy, but, as of this writing (which could change at any time, LOL) he is not. I'm sure he wouldn't like it if Lucas did the same with Johnny. What a mess this storyline is.
I noticed that, too, and was a little confused at first but eventually decided it was probably an ad-lib from James Scott and he lost track of which baby he was holding or which baby he actually fathered. Ali seems to get more air time than Johnny so it would be easy for the actors to get confused, plus it's always a little dicey when you're acting with babies and they tend to get fussy or grab things, like cell phones.

As for today's show, I liked it a lot. I hadn't read spoilers so I was actually surprised by the situation Melanie found herself involved in and had no idea how it was going to be resolved. I like Kate's assistant Chris and am glad they brought him back; he's a fun character and better than some actors we've been forced to endure over the years. It did seem a little weird how we got Morgan's biography now, especially because of the news reported last week.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Sep 9 2008, 02:15 PM
ArizonaDaze
Sep 9 2008, 12:34 PM
I noticed that, too, and was a little confused at first but eventually decided it was probably an ad-lib from James Scott and he lost track of which baby he was holding or which baby he actually fathered. Ali seems to get more air time than Johnny so it would be easy for the actors to get confused, plus it's always a little dicey when you're acting with babies and they tend to get fussy or grab things, like cell phones.

As for today's show, I liked it a lot. I hadn't read spoilers so I was actually surprised by the situation Melanie found herself involved in and had no idea how it was going to be resolved. I like Kate's assistant Chris and am glad they brought him back; he's a fun character and better than some actors we've been forced to endure over the years. It did seem a little weird how we got Morgan's biography now, especially because of the news reported last week.
You're probably right about James ad-libbing. It did sound like an ad-lib. Yeah, babies must be hard to work with, especially ones that young. At least they aren't blankets! :D

Charmqn
Member Avatar

I like seeing Nick being the hero for once and I continue to like Mick.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Today was by far a stronger show then yesterday. I had to crack up a bit at some of the awkward dialogue. For instance them skimming over how Nick found Melanie was fine by me, I actually enjoy the younger generation story most of the time but I wasn't wanting to watch Nick lurk around trying to find her. But it was kind of funny how he "had his ways" of finding her. Of course, the fact that Stax had returned back to the hotel room declaring it hopeless while Nick not only had trailed her to the yacht and gotten on board is beyond hilarious.

They are not wasting anytime in declaring Trent a total bastard are they? He's right up there with Nicole's father (not sure his name) and coming close to Curtis and Duke. Anyway, Molly did a good job with her stuff today. At one point I think she went OTT but now that we know she's SEVENTEEN (sigh) I suppose it's reasonable to think a teenager would react to such a request from their father. The end, Molly was that horrified face down pat as she was watching them work on (shirtless) Nick.

Speaking of (shirtless) Nick, I see we have Chelsea all over him. I'm not against Chelsea chasing after Nick now at all, but I think she's gonna be rather surprised at just how much Nick is drawn to Melanie (hee, as bad Frenchie men notice those 'sparks').

In other parts of the show today, Date is still doing wonders for my enjoying SC who I nearly began FFing when they showed him staring at the phone pic of Chelsea. Sorry, that seems totally OOC for him, I can see Chelsea sneaking along and changing his pic (how I wish that was what she was doing when Kate's text came in).

I also loved the very short Kayla/Kate scene. I enjoy different character interactions and I buy it totally within character for Kate to walk out w/o being checked out.

Love Chris.

I don't care for Chloe but I did enjoy her scenes with the baby today. Glad a woman for once is not all gung ho in raising a child.

Days4Life

I couldn't help laughing at Chloe's seasickness today. First, she's claustraphobic in the elevator, then she's having panic attacks at the hospital, now she's got motion sickness. Not to mention her hysteria during the plane crash last winter. She's quite the drama queen! However, I must say that she and Lucas have possibilities. Bear in mind that I don't like either character very much, never have, but I didn't hate their scenes today. Something about them kind of works. Maybe because they are two characters who have been under-developed, whose acting underwhelms me most of the time. Because of that, they can't really hold their own against strong characters, but put them together and there's something very close to chemistry.

Funny how Chloe can't handle Ali, but she was so great with Claire last winter. I guess we're supposed to forget about that.

esp13
Member Avatar

I flove Chris. The guy is hilarious and definitely brings some fun to the party. I think KR was a little overwhelmed though. But, it looked like she was having fun towards the end.

The adventure in France was actually good, if completely out of nowhere. This smacks of a major rewrite of this storyline. There's been not a single clue that Trent has any kind of money problem that isn't caused by his daughter's spending habits. Plus, there was not a single clue that Melanie had any issues with her father beyond the "exiled to France" stuff. I have to believe this was a late change in the game.

But, despite the WTF? change in the storyline, it was good. Molly Burnett portrayed the fear and revulsion nicely. Nick made a nice rescuer. And, it certainly set Trent up as the scum of the earth.

Steve and Hope discussing Trent two feet from where he was sitting was stupid. Kayla thanking Steve for opening in the PI business and "letting" her cut back on her hours was ridiculously bad dialogue. And Chloe and Lucas bore me to tears. So, it was kind of a mixed bag today.

Shylock

I really hate Dena Higley. I agree with esp13 in that the Paris thing seems rushed and possibly rewritten.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I liked today's show. Nick getting shot caught me off guards. Didn't saw that coming at all!

I hated the scenes with Lucas and Chloe. They are so BORING. Just kill them both off already!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Just watched today. Nick is my HERO!!!! Molly Burnett really did a great job portraying her shame and disgust.
Chris the intern...there are no words. That CAN be good, LOL.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I saw the last couple scenes before work, i'll watch the rest later this week..But Molly Burnett is quite the find..In such a short time, she's showed some great range..She did a great job today..

shiningstar

ight now I only have one thing to add. Chloe and Lucas make me sick. How can you call them a real couple? All Lucas does is jump her bones every 5 minutes? Can't he go 5 minutes without removing his clothes as well as hers? The worst part is his daughter is being subjected to this. BLEUGH!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Today wasn't bad...I can see why some liked today better then yesterday as there was more story movement. I like the simpler things so yesterday was great for me but it's apples and oranges LOL.

Burnett did a very good job job today. Yes, this is an obvious re-write and I think it's obvious we are back to full Higley now. Having watched Wednesday's episode too, Sami and Nicole are both back to the way they were in Spring. Nicole is snarky and scheming again and Sami is irrational and...well, Sami. I think what we got today was Higley changing gears back from what Scott did and I have to say I like it. I don't care how they got to the yacht stuff by way of literally fast forwarding through the search for Melanie. I just loved upping the intensity with this Trent stuff. BB was very good today. Nice to see Nick be the hero. I appreciated the touch of Nick clasping his hands together before hitting the first guy since Blake has such thin hands. It made it more realistic. I also enjoyed seeing Chelsea back with the young set. What a difference...I actually enjoyed her today and also in tomorrow's show. Enjoyed Max too. I like the way they turned this story on it's ear today. The Trent stuff is really interesting now. This is the way it should've been. I have to wonder though...Trent is doing to Melanie kind of what Paul did to Nicole. With Higley's stuff obviously back, I wonder if we are going back to Nicole possibly being Melanie's mother. I'm ok with that now, especially since Burnett can act and they've established that Melanie is 17. It's realistic.

I did like Bo, Hope, and Steve working together against Trent and Nicole overhearing. Ari looked stunning today. Nice little Steve/Kayla moment too.

Lucas/Chloe was the shock for me...I enjoyed it. This is the first time I bought them as a couple. It was so nice to see some realism and I just loved seeing Chloe uncomfortable with Allie. It's about time we see a realistic conflict in a relationship and a boyfriend having a child with another woman is a good one. Sure, Chloe handled Claire well but Claire was also older. Allie is just about a year old. I really enjoyed these scenes and was surprised that I even enjoyed tomorrow's scenes with them too.

Kate/Kayla was a present surprise and I really like how they are slowly working Daniel more into Kate's life. Glad they are really building up to this Kate illness story. I also adored Chris. I liked him much better in this role then when he was simply a random person in the gym with Sami. I hope they keep him around. He's fun and was great with Morgan. Renton looked like she had a ball with him. It also was nice to see Kate smile while on the phone with Chris. It's been awhile since I've seen that kind of reaction out of Kate. It's such a shame Renton is gone though. Watching the past two episodes and tomorrow's, they clearly were setting the stage for Phorgan to grow closer while Morgan works for Kate and has to deal with all the tension between her and Kate. There was so much potential there. Ugh.

This has been a good week so far and I'm loving the balance this month.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

shiningstar
Sep 10 2008, 01:32 AM
ight now I only have one thing to add. Chloe and Lucas make me sick. How can you call them a real couple? All Lucas does is jump her bones every 5 minutes? Can't he go 5 minutes without removing his clothes as well as hers? The worst part is his daughter is being subjected to this. BLEUGH!
So what else is new on a soap? It's not like this hasn't happened on shows before. They're at the cabin. They're alone except for a baby. They're not exactly my favorite couple, but when you're at a cabin on an island, and your own mode of transportation is a boat......
Actually, their banter was kinda neat. And Chloe almost showed some vocal inflection! Although it seems like her "unease with babies" is cliché, she pulled it off well. I don't think it's characteristic. I don't know if it was someone here or on another board, but I agree with a comment that Chloe was shown to be at ease with Claire. I guess maybe because Claire was older? Anyway.....
And, since I usually don't care for NB's acting, for me to actually stand up for her is rather unique. :P For both NB and BD, it's something new. And frankly, I think that's refreshing, for viewers and probably for the actors as well.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Sep 10 2008, 01:38 AM
Today wasn't bad...I can see why some liked today better then yesterday as there was more story movement. I like the simpler things so yesterday was great for me but it's apples and oranges LOL.

Burnett did a very good job job today. Yes, this is an obvious re-write and I think it's obvious we are back to full Higley now. Having watched Wednesday's episode too, Sami and Nicole are both back to the way they were in Spring. Nicole is snarky and scheming again and Sami is irrational and...well, Sami. I think what we got today was Higley changing gears back from what Scott did and I have to say I like it. I don't care how they got to the yacht stuff by way of literally fast forwarding through the search for Melanie. I just loved upping the intensity with this Trent stuff. BB was very good today. Nice to see Nick be the hero. I appreciated the touch of Nick clasping his hands together before hitting the first guy since Blake has such thin hands. It made it more realistic. I also enjoyed seeing Chelsea back with the young set. What a difference...I actually enjoyed her today and also in tomorrow's show. Enjoyed Max too. I like the way they turned this story on it's ear today. The Trent stuff is really interesting now. This is the way it should've been. I have to wonder though...Trent is doing to Melanie kind of what Paul did to Nicole. With Higley's stuff obviously back, I wonder if we are going back to Nicole possibly being Melanie's mother. I'm ok with that now, especially since Burnett can act and they've established that Melanie is 17. It's realistic.

I did like Bo, Hope, and Steve working together against Trent and Nicole overhearing. Ari looked stunning today. Nice little Steve/Kayla moment too.

Lucas/Chloe was the shock for me...I enjoyed it. This is the first time I bought them as a couple. It was so nice to see some realism and I just loved seeing Chloe uncomfortable with Allie. It's about time we see a realistic conflict in a relationship and a boyfriend having a child with another woman is a good one. Sure, Chloe handled Claire well but Claire was also older. Allie is just about a year old. I really enjoyed these scenes and was surprised that I even enjoyed tomorrow's scenes with them too.

Kate/Kayla was a present surprise and I really like how they are slowly working Daniel more into Kate's life. Glad they are really building up to this Kate illness story. I also adored Chris. I liked him much better in this role then when he was simply a random person in the gym with Sami. I hope they keep him around. He's fun and was great with Morgan. Renton looked like she had a ball with him. It also was nice to see Kate smile while on the phone with Chris. It's been awhile since I've seen that kind of reaction out of Kate. It's such a shame Renton is gone though. Watching the past two episodes and tomorrow's, they clearly were setting the stage for Phorgan to grow closer while Morgan works for Kate and has to deal with all the tension between her and Kate. There was so much potential there. Ugh.

This has been a good week so far and I'm loving the balance this month.
Tim, oh, dear, I have to disagree with ONE comment you made. :P

I'm still not on board with Nicole being Melanie's mom. For one thing, that would be too obvious, too 'been there, done that'. They already established Nicole's secret as being married to Trent. I don't think Nicole was in college 17 years ago. I GUESS she could have been, but it would be right at the beginning. Also, Nicole would have known or suspected Melanie was her daughter because, well, she would have been there when Melanie was born. :D It's not like a surprise paternity. I think now that Melanie has been brought to light, Nicole would have at least said something to Trent in their arguments. If she's the mommy, it would have been more offscreen drama, and this show definitely doesn't need that again. And, this soap doesn't need another pat "Your baby died at birth" storyline, only to have had daddy cart said child away. Nicole's smart. She would have added it up.

If they recont this to make her a mother, it would make very little sense. And, Trent is leaving and it's getting obvious his dirty little secret was him pimping his own daughter to pay his gambling debts. I guess, though, making Nicole Melanie's mom would give Melanie that family connection to make it easier for the character to remain part of the Salem canvas. Damn it, Tim, why did you DO this? :drunk:

shiningstar

What I want to know is, can you even classify Chloe and Lucas as having a real relationship though? Have they even gone on a real, first official date? All I have seen them do is grope and romp each other.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply