Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Weekly Discussion; Week Of 9/8
Topic Started: Sep 8 2008, 10:22 PM (3,367 Views)
Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Lucas and Chloe are just fuck buddies.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Rakesh198
Sep 10 2008, 10:31 AM
Just like Philip and Chloe were a couple of months ago. ;)

Ellie

ArizonaDaze
Sep 10 2008, 01:08 PM
Rakesh198
Sep 10 2008, 10:31 AM
Just like Philip and Chloe were a couple of months ago. ;)
Yep - a good characterization of Dena's approach to creating new couples.

Alligato
Member Avatar

^ Really.
I watched Lucas and Chloe today, and while yesterday, they came off pretty cute with Chloe feeling weird around Ali, their relationship is so darn odd! They have never dated, never really talked, and all we see them do is screw.
And for being outdoors and naked and in the shower, that was the most unromantic scene Days has done. They don't even look like they love each other or even look like they are into it.
I am trying to be a fan of Lucas and Chloe because I am so sick of Sami and Lucas, but they just don't have it.

Sami was obnoxious today. She seems jealous of Chloe and Nicole...and her having a tantrum about Ali being with her dad and blowing off EJ's concerns about Stefano just made me want to smack her.
I just don't understand a thing going on in Sami's mind right now.
Loved EJ yelling and rolling his eyes. Hell yea!
And just from observing today's show, it doesn't seem like either Sami or Nicole gives a crap about EJ. Otherwise, they both would have backed down.

peaches179

Alligato
Sep 10 2008, 01:38 PM
Loved EJ yelling and rolling his eyes. Hell yea!

That was the best part of the show for me today!

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Days sure doesn't know how to develop a couple any more. Or characters either, i.e. Sami.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I wasn't interested in watching the Sami vs. Chloe/Nicole debate. Can we just move the pentagon on?

I loved Philip realizing he was very much like his mother, Kate. He stated how he gets onto her for poking her nose in his love life, and now he was ready to kill Dan. Hee. Good humor. Was it not hilarious he picked up on "Date" from them just looking at each other?

Chelsea is not happy about Melanie is she? For once, I really liked Max today. First on his conversation to Chelsea calling her out on her BS while with Melanie later it was a bittersweet moment they had.

As for Melanie, loved her reaction to Chelsea. Though Chelsea was a bit out of line, I don't blame her for turning on Melanie like that since seeing Nick in such a state would freak her out. I loved Melanie asking who she was and then not being afraid to call her a bitch. So looking forward to more interaction between those two.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I really hope Melanie stays on Days...Chelsea, Nick, and Melanie could be a great triangle...

Alligato
Member Avatar

I forgot to add that I loved Melanie calling Chelsea a bitch! Great stuff!
I just don't know why Chelsea is there...she hasn't been involved in that Max sister/France stuff all along, and now she walks in and wants to get in everyone's business??
I just hope that Nick doesn't give her the time of day...at all. I can't wait to see this kiss in front of her either. The way Chelsea has treated Nick since last year...she deserves alot from him.
Can Melanie stay and play? Please? I like her dynamic to the group.

Also, I found it weird that Lucas gets snippy with Chloe for leaving Ali for a few minutes while she was sleeping so Chloe could rinse her hair...when just a few hours before, Lucas was bending Chloe over in the shower leaving Ali alone and sleeping by herself. They could hear her cry...so it wasn't like Chloe wasn't listening for her.

Surprised that Lucas didn't defend Chloe just a little bit. Kind of pissed me off towards him.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Alligato
Sep 10 2008, 02:23 PM
I forgot to add that I loved Melanie calling Chelsea a bitch! Great stuff!
I just don't know why Chelsea is there...she hasn't been involved in that Max sister/France stuff all along, and now she walks in and wants to get in everyone's business??
But isn't that just like Chelsea? I have no problems with this version of Chelsea because it's consistent with the character we've known for years. (I sure buy her acting like this versus the unknown OT person they introduced us to). What I don't like about this version of Chelsea is when noone calls her on this attitude. Nick used to a long time ago (it's what led me to ship Chick initially). Max actually did to some point and I liked that. I also liked Stephanie had her own way of questioning Chelsea's motives w/o outright accusing.

But something tells me Melanie isn't gonna be this subtle.

Days4Life

Today's show wasn't perfect, but I was highly entertained by it. First off, I very much enjoyed the EJ/Sami/Nicole scenes. Frustrated EJ, irrational Sami, snarky Nicole...loved it. Sami is reverting back to character, which is selfish, stubborn, self-centered, manipulative. I had to laugh when she referred to Ali as "our" daughter to EJ, clearly trying to manipulate him into doing what she wants. EJ is smart enough to see through her, so she goes on the offense, attacking him, calling him the selfish one with little, petty problems compared to her own, completely ignoring the Stefano reference--which is much more in character than the noble, self-sacrificing heroine of the Santeen saga. Sami was always way too wrapped up in her own concerns to worry about Stefano's plans. It's weird how Nicole is always floating around the mansion on her own (someone really needs to work on improving the security at the mansion), but it was classic Sami/Nicole rivalry when she called the cops. I do believe Sami is partly motivated right now by concern about Ali, with a good bit of selfishness thrown in as well--she never has liked to share anything she considers her own--so I believe that she went to the cabin to give Ali her bear and make sure she was okay, although I'm sure she was open to stirring up trouble. However, Lucas had to know that as soon as he ordered her to leave, there was going to be fireworks. Whiny, weepy, martyr Sami may have let Lucas order her around, but that Sami wasn't around today. It was all deliciously dramatic and fun.

Philip and Morgan were very good today, but of course it's all a waste now. JKJ must get very frustrated that every time he starts getting a good relationship story going, his leading lady gets fired. Loved Philip and Kate together and their argument about her interfering in his life. In true Kate fashion, she denies meddling in her children's lives, apologizes for it, and then starts up all over again...all in the same conversation. Classic Kate.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I enjoyed the young crowd today, even (gulp) Max. I hated the brash race car driver, detested the player romancing both nieces, loathed the angry math genius, but the protective older brother is a good fit for him. I'm glad Chelsea is back with this group, she fits in much better than with her middle aged boyfriend. The actress playing Melanie was very good today, and I liked the way she stood up to Chelsea. There's some good potential for fireworks between these two. I'm not loving that Chelsea is looking Nick's way again....she's abused him too much for that relationship to start up again any time soon.

Good episode today. I'm very happy with this week so far.

Jonatha

Speaking of Lucas and Chloe rumors are running rampant that Chloe is pregnant. Although I don't watch Days anymore, they are saying Chloe got sick to her stomach recently. We all know what that means on a soap. Thoughts?

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Yeah they were some anvils thrown this week-Chloe was sick, and said she was bad mother material...

Ellie

Jonatha
Sep 10 2008, 02:47 PM
Speaking of Lucas and Chloe rumors are running rampant that Chloe is pregnant. Although I don't watch Days anymore, they are saying Chloe got sick to her stomach recently. We all know what that means on a soap. Thoughts?
How do I put this... I'd be shocked if Days were to go that route, because Nadia offers certain, um, qualities to the show which wouldn't be there if she were to wear baggy clothes and a maternity belly for months.

Days4Life

Alligato
Sep 10 2008, 02:23 PM

Also, I found it weird that Lucas gets snippy with Chloe for leaving Ali for a few minutes while she was sleeping so Chloe could rinse her hair...when just a few hours before, Lucas was bending Chloe over in the shower leaving Ali alone and sleeping by herself. They could hear her cry...so it wasn't like Chloe wasn't listening for her.

Surprised that Lucas didn't defend Chloe just a little bit. Kind of pissed me off towards him.
I didn't like that part either. When my children were small, I lived in a 2500 square foot house and never used a baby monitor. Sometimes I would even go out into the yard and leave the children inside while they were sleeping. I never thought twice about it. They were in a baby crib, in a locked house, sleeping, and I was only seconds away from them. Chloe was right outside the door--they made a point of showing just how close she was to the cabin. Sami was upset and irrational so I expected her to jump on Chloe about leaving Ali unattended, but Lucas should have stood up for her. If Ali was left unattended in a room while she was awake, with the door to the outside standing open, then people could and should be upset--oh wait, that already happened...LUCAS did it.

Days4Life

Ellie
Sep 10 2008, 02:51 PM
Jonatha
How do I put this... I'd be shocked if Days were to go that route, because Nadia offers certain, um, qualities to the show which wouldn't be there if she were to wear baggy clothes and a maternity belly for months.
LOL, I know what you are talking about, and I agree. For example, today my husband was walking through the house and glanced over at the TV while Chloe was bending over Ali's crib and just about gave himself whiplash doing a double take. Next thing I know he was parked on the sofa asking if I could back the DVR up a few seconds.

esp13
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 10 2008, 02:51 PM
Jonatha
That's true. But if Days follows recent history, Chloe wouldn't look remotely pregnant for the first 7 months at least and would only really show for about two weeks before she gives birth. So, they'd still get full use of her "assets" for most of the pregnancy.

Quote:

I thought this was ridiculous as well, particuarly because (as you point out), Lucas had no problem leaving Allie alone we he was having sex with Chloe in the shower. His little remark was just assy.

And, I wish that NB could be as much emotion into her speaking voice as she can in her singing voice. Her lullaby to Allie was beautiful and moving. But when she talks, there's just nothing.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Days4Life - you brought up some stuff that I forgot about.
It was a good show today...lots of drama, fights, emotion...and I think whoever plays Melanie needs to teach some of the other actresses how to cry because when Melanie was crying while talking to Max, I felt myself tear up.
That NEVER happens with Sami...on the contrary, she makes my stomach hurt.

And I know they aren't popular, but I like Phorgan. Morgan with her sass back opposite sexy Phillip is explosive. Really sad that they fired that story.

And with Phillip being single and still having feelings for Chloe, I think that it won't be Chloe who is pregnant...although I would just love that. That is something different for Chloe to do, although I might have to skip the giving birth hysteria that Nadia is so bad at.

Also funny that Sami was about 5 months pregnant with twins she married Lucas and she wasn't showing in her wedding gown. Now Ali is 5 months pregnant with one child in real life and she is wearing the most awful, fluffy, oversized maternity shirts. The shirt today was atrocious! Who suggested that top?

I also thought that Nicole's dress was non flattering/way too short, but the color was beautiful. Ari's got some nice legs....although if she raised her arms a bit, we could have seen her cooter!

Pearly
Member Avatar

Quote:

Ari's got some nice legs....although if she raised her arms a bit, we could have seen her cooter!
:OhMy: :laugh: :huh1: :puke:
Edited by Pearly, Sep 10 2008, 04:36 PM.

Pearly
Member Avatar

esp13
Sep 10 2008, 03:35 PM
And, I wish that NB could be as much emotion into her speaking voice as she can in her singing voice. Her lullaby to Allie was beautiful and moving. But when she talks, there's just nothing.
ITA!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply