Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Weekly Discussion; Week Of 9/8
Topic Started: Sep 8 2008, 10:22 PM (3,414 Views)
ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Alligato
Sep 10 2008, 04:27 PM

I also thought that Nicole's dress was non flattering/way too short, but the color was beautiful. Ari's got some nice legs....although if she raised her arms a bit, we could have seen her cooter!
Thanks, Alligato, that is an image I could do without! :o
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Okay show today. I'm not too interested in the stories that were showcased today, but it wasn't bad. I actually found myself watching, rather than getting distracted by something else in the room like I've been doing for the last several months with this show.

I agree with everyone that says Molly Burnett is a total find and a great actress. However, I don't really care about her character, and the one tie that she has to the show, that being Max's sister, isn't enough for me to care. I get that they're trying to blend her in with the younger set, by pairing her with Nick, but still, it isn't enough. I think Molly would have been great as a Jeannie Donovan recast. That would have been awesome. She's an established character with ties to a core family on the show, and they could still explore the potential with Nick. And it would've been awesome to see Chelsea and Jeannie spar as cousins like Chelsea and Stephanie used to do before Shayna Rose was fired and Shelley Henning came onto the role and the writers made Chelsea and Stephanie best friends.

I just don't care for this storyline at all. It's all so contrived to me. I don't get what the point was to bring on Roscoe Born as Trent, and now Molly Burnett as Melanie, when in the end, Born is out as Trent after no true building in character, and there are rumors that Burnett could be the other actress let go along with Kristen Renton. I just don't care for the Paris storyline and I'll be happy once they're all back in Salem.

Welcome back Sami Brady! Whoever wrote today's scripts and placed in there the scene when Sami tries to manipulate EJ, by saying that Allie is "their" daughter is brilliant. That's classic Sami right there. She wants something, and is having a tough time achieving that, so to get what she wants, she will manipulate anyone to gain her goal, even EJ. Luckily, EJ's a manipulator just like Sami, and he was able to catch onto what she was doing. The writers had the chance to make EJ look like all of the other dumb moronic males of Salem and have him go along with Sami's manipulations, but instead, they chose the right direction and had him be onto her. Kudos!

Nicole needs a life, seriously. She looks so pathetic, following EJ around town, hoping that he'll show her the slightest attention he shows Sami. I get that EJ is torn between both women, but Nicole needs to realize that she looks pathetic doing what she's doing. She needs to move on with her life. I did like her calling the police though. That was a bitchy thing to do and brought back her mean appeal, which has been missing in favor of weak, sappy and pathetic Nicole.

As totally random and contrived as Lucas and Chloe, as a couple, are, I must say that I find myself starting to enjoy them. I think it's because both Bryan Dattilo and Nadia Bjorlin are finally paired with other actors that are on their level. Neither actor is the best actor the show has to offer, and both have been paired with actors that are higher than them in skill, and they come off as bad. But when Dattilo and Bjorlin are together, I find Lucas and Chloe meshing very well. I think that the writers could've done a better job at bringing them together, rather than the random, "Hey we never talked before, but I'd love to be your best friend and maybe fuck buddy. What do you say?" That was stupid.

And I did notice the sick scenes the writers gave Chloe. Could it be a hint? Maybe. With Morgan leaving the show soon, the writers may want to throw Philip back in Chloe's orbit, and create a brand new triangle between Lucas, Chloe and Philip. Chloe has slept with both men, so we may just have another "Who's the Daddy" storyline on our hands. I wouldn't be against it, that's for sure. Phloe is hot, and I'm warming up to Lucoe (is that their pairing name?).

I must also point out that I love the fact that Lucas and Sami are at each other's throats again. I hope the past few events, like Lucas wanting Allie and taking her away from Sami, and such, are signs that Lumi is gone for a while. They need to really write these two away from each other for a while. Too much damage has been done in the past few years to them as a couple, and it was really making me hate both characters. But away from each other, I'm growing to love them again. That's why I feel they need to just seperate the two, have Lucas in a triangle with Chloe and Philip, and throw Sami in a triangle with EJ and Nicole, or just give Sami her own damn man. Whatever. Just say no to Lumi!

I don't really have much to say about the hospital scenes. I don't like Philip and Morgan together, so I wasn't really into those scenes. I did like Philip coming to the realization that he's just like Kate, meddling in other's lives. But what can one expect? Philip was raised by Victor and Kate, both of whom love to meddle in other's lives. And I also want to commend the script writer again. I loved the way the writer wrote Philip saying that Kate is constantling interferring in Lucas and Philip's lives. There's no mention of Austin or Billie. I think that was a perfect thing to do. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it came off as making perfect sense when you think about it. Lucas and Philip are the only children Kate was able to raise, so of course she's going to have a more special bond to them, than she would with Billie and Austin. Yes, she's interfereed in both Billie and Austin's love lives, but not as much as Lucas and Philip, and I'm glad the writer had Philip say that. Kudos again!

I'm hoping for a Chick reunion soon.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

shiningstar
Sep 10 2008, 10:22 AM
What I want to know is, can you even classify Chloe and Lucas as having a real relationship though? Have they even gone on a real, first official date? All I have seen them do is grope and romp each other.
Again, I say....so what? That's nothing unusual on a soap, either. Nor is it so unusual in real life.

Kyrai

I just can't believe how bad the writing on this show has gotten. It's getting very difficult to watch it.

I about choked on Nicole's comment about pride and dignity. She gave those up a long time ago. I can't believe she has the nerve to claim she has them back. I didn't care for the EJ/Sami/Nicole scene at all, but possibly because I'm really just tired of all the fighting and bickering and triangles on this show.

I was actually rooting for Luloe mainly because I'm sick of the whole EJ/Lucas/Sami triangle. It's been done to death, I'm sick of it. I want it to end one way or another. Yesterday was not too bad, but today, I finally had to FF thru it. I've never seen a shower scene so boring and awkward.

I've also already been thru the ugliest child custody case I've ever seen with Will. I so do not want another one. Why do they insist on making Lucas the most unlikeable guy on the planet? As a mom, I can understand Sami being worried, and it was justified. Had she been a kidnapper, she could have run off with Allie easily. She was rational, and it was apparent she wasn't going to run off with Allie, but she should have put Allie down. I can't believe these writers are insulting our intelligence. At best, I'd think they can get Sami for tresspassing. I wish they'd just make Sami and Lucas start acting like halfway responsible adults. I'm thinking that will never happen.

I'm glad Lucas's awful scratches finally magically disappeared over night. Guess it was too much trouble to have them fade a bit over time. But they can't pace stories, why should they pace injuries.

The France story looks like it was written up on the fly. Rushed, silly, totally unbelievable. Trent's been giving Melanie money hand over fist, and suddenly he has a huge gambling debt that this guy will call off for a night with Trent's daughter... Ridiculous. Still I could at least watch it and enjoy it by suspending belief (not necessarily an uncommon thing for days). I'm glad Chelsea is back with her friends. I don't want to see her suddenly wanting Nick back though. Her friends helping her get over Daniel and everyone hanging out as friends would be nice.

I know Kate has always interfered with her son's lives, but it seems the writers decided they wanted to emphasize that she doesn't like any woman with her children. First Lucas, now Phil. I tired of Kate as interfering mother ages ago. LK is too talented to waste like this. I also found it unbelievable that she'd resist x-rays so strongly. I might resist having to set up an appt to get them, but she was already in the hospital, and this is Days where the people magically get treated asap (no 4 hour waiting room), so why does she keep resisting (stalling for sweeps?).

I found Phillip finding out about her affair with Daniel and realizing he had a similar tendency as Kate a nice, if contrived, little twist. While I feel bad for KR losing her job, I am happy that I won't have to see her much longer. I honestly don't know why, but she just grates on my nerves. I think it's the accent. I love Phillip, but I never like him when she's with him. I liked her when she first came on, but instead of growing on me, she grew off me.

I do like Daniel with Kate. I like him concerned about her.

My biggest complaint is the writing is just all over and rushed, and it seems they don't even care if it's the least bit believable anymore.
Edited by Kyrai, Sep 10 2008, 08:29 PM.

Ellie

^^ Excellent, excellent post. Higley's writing really is getting worse and worse, and you've done such a good job explaining it in detail.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Wow, I loved EJ today. Telling them both to take a flying leap. Way to go! (and I love Nicole, but I still cheered him on)

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I have really enjoyed the last 2 shows, it's not the best written soap by any means but the show is entertaining me a lot more than last week which was just snoozeville for me outside of the Dimera SL.

I know Nicole needs a life, but her one liners are just too funny. And Ari has fantastic comedic timing, I loved Nicole and Sami going back and forth. Finally, it seemed the real Sami was back even if she kept repaeting the same thing over and over about Ali. One Ali can't cry to save her life and two Sami is not one to be so sappy. I hope Sami continues to be fiesty and bitchy.

I about jumped up from my bed when EJ told both Nicole and Sami that he wasn't put on Earth to cure their problems! :rockon:

I don't really care that KR got fired, but I will be disappointed if Molly Burnett is let go. She has been fantastic and would love to see her and Nick become a pair.

The previews pissed me off...round 800 for John and Marlena to argue outside the Brady Pub, I really can't stand Marlena or Jawn right now. I almost want Stefano to torture both of them, at least I would be entertained by them then.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kirk
Sep 10 2008, 11:11 PM
The previews pissed me off...round 800 for John and Marlena to argue outside the Brady Pub, I really can't stand Marlena or Jawn right now. I almost want Stefano to torture both of them, at least I would be entertained by them then.
Bahaha! :hail:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Sep 10 2008, 05:55 PM
Okay show today. I'm not too interested in the stories that were showcased today, but it wasn't bad. I actually found myself watching, rather than getting distracted by something else in the room like I've been doing for the last several months with this show.

I agree with everyone that says Molly Burnett is a total find and a great actress. However, I don't really care about her character, and the one tie that she has to the show, that being Max's sister, isn't enough for me to care. I get that they're trying to blend her in with the younger set, by pairing her with Nick, but still, it isn't enough. I think Molly would have been great as a Jeannie Donovan recast. That would have been awesome. She's an established character with ties to a core family on the show, and they could still explore the potential with Nick. And it would've been awesome to see Chelsea and Jeannie spar as cousins like Chelsea and Stephanie used to do before Shayna Rose was fired and Shelley Henning came onto the role and the writers made Chelsea and Stephanie best friends.

I just don't care for this storyline at all. It's all so contrived to me. I don't get what the point was to bring on Roscoe Born as Trent, and now Molly Burnett as Melanie, when in the end, Born is out as Trent after no true building in character, and there are rumors that Burnett could be the other actress let go along with Kristen Renton. I just don't care for the Paris storyline and I'll be happy once they're all back in Salem.

Welcome back Sami Brady! Whoever wrote today's scripts and placed in there the scene when Sami tries to manipulate EJ, by saying that Allie is "their" daughter is brilliant. That's classic Sami right there. She wants something, and is having a tough time achieving that, so to get what she wants, she will manipulate anyone to gain her goal, even EJ. Luckily, EJ's a manipulator just like Sami, and he was able to catch onto what she was doing. The writers had the chance to make EJ look like all of the other dumb moronic males of Salem and have him go along with Sami's manipulations, but instead, they chose the right direction and had him be onto her. Kudos!

Nicole needs a life, seriously. She looks so pathetic, following EJ around town, hoping that he'll show her the slightest attention he shows Sami. I get that EJ is torn between both women, but Nicole needs to realize that she looks pathetic doing what she's doing. She needs to move on with her life. I did like her calling the police though. That was a bitchy thing to do and brought back her mean appeal, which has been missing in favor of weak, sappy and pathetic Nicole.

As totally random and contrived as Lucas and Chloe, as a couple, are, I must say that I find myself starting to enjoy them. I think it's because both Bryan Dattilo and Nadia Bjorlin are finally paired with other actors that are on their level. Neither actor is the best actor the show has to offer, and both have been paired with actors that are higher than them in skill, and they come off as bad. But when Dattilo and Bjorlin are together, I find Lucas and Chloe meshing very well. I think that the writers could've done a better job at bringing them together, rather than the random, "Hey we never talked before, but I'd love to be your best friend and maybe fuck buddy. What do you say?" That was stupid.

And I did notice the sick scenes the writers gave Chloe. Could it be a hint? Maybe. With Morgan leaving the show soon, the writers may want to throw Philip back in Chloe's orbit, and create a brand new triangle between Lucas, Chloe and Philip. Chloe has slept with both men, so we may just have another "Who's the Daddy" storyline on our hands. I wouldn't be against it, that's for sure. Phloe is hot, and I'm warming up to Lucoe (is that their pairing name?).

I must also point out that I love the fact that Lucas and Sami are at each other's throats again. I hope the past few events, like Lucas wanting Allie and taking her away from Sami, and such, are signs that Lumi is gone for a while. They need to really write these two away from each other for a while. Too much damage has been done in the past few years to them as a couple, and it was really making me hate both characters. But away from each other, I'm growing to love them again. That's why I feel they need to just seperate the two, have Lucas in a triangle with Chloe and Philip, and throw Sami in a triangle with EJ and Nicole, or just give Sami her own damn man. Whatever. Just say no to Lumi!

I don't really have much to say about the hospital scenes. I don't like Philip and Morgan together, so I wasn't really into those scenes. I did like Philip coming to the realization that he's just like Kate, meddling in other's lives. But what can one expect? Philip was raised by Victor and Kate, both of whom love to meddle in other's lives. And I also want to commend the script writer again. I loved the way the writer wrote Philip saying that Kate is constantling interferring in Lucas and Philip's lives. There's no mention of Austin or Billie. I think that was a perfect thing to do. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it came off as making perfect sense when you think about it. Lucas and Philip are the only children Kate was able to raise, so of course she's going to have a more special bond to them, than she would with Billie and Austin. Yes, she's interfereed in both Billie and Austin's love lives, but not as much as Lucas and Philip, and I'm glad the writer had Philip say that. Kudos again!

I'm hoping for a Chick reunion soon.
You hit on all the points I would've made.

Yes, this custody story is been there, done that but considering how crappy the writing for Sami and Lucas has been of late I think it's necessary. It just seemed like the only way to get them both in character was to pit them against each other and to put Sami in a situation where she is reeling and becomes her own worst enemy. I did appreciate how they threw in a line at the cabin where Sami said she was not intending to kidnap her. I know EJ didn't buy it but I did. I think she just wanted to see Allie and give her the bear. I think she was also hoping to get something on Lucas and she did in a way. Chloe left her alone and granted it wasn't a huge deal but it was something. I do agree that Lucas and Sami need a break from each other. It's funny how we are getting Lucas and Sami at odds now when Higley is supposedly in complete power now. That is the road she took in 2003 to get them together.

I have liked Higley's version of Nicole but she did get a bit too soft of late. I tend to think that is more Scott-related. This past Spring. we were seeing both sides of Nicole. Over the summer, they seemed to lean more to her softer side. Today she was a mix of both. In the beginning, she behaved as she has been but when Sami showed up, she got into snark mode. I hope to see more of the snarky Nicole and I like that she called the cops. I want to see her scheme a bit.

I also was so happy to see EJ go off on Sami and Nicole. FINALLY!! It's about time a man in Sami's life broke the mold. I hate how every man but Brandon was Austin-nized at some point. Even EJ has been a bit at times but today the writers took the right path. It was great seeing EJ go off on both of them and Sami trying to manipulate him. I really felt Sami, EJ, and Nicole were all in character today. The scene where Sami called EJ Allie's father kind of helped out what happened Monday with EJ calling himself Allie's father. He thinks of himself that way but Sami only does when she wants something. Just great scenes all around.

I'm also on board with Lucas and Chloe because they do have this chemistry where it's comfortable seeing them together. Maybe it's because their acting skills match or maybe it's just refreshing to see Lucas away from Sami but what started out as random and forced is now relaxed and entertaining. I really do enjoy seeing Chloe and Lucas deal with their relationship and the Allie complication. It's just realistic seeing Chloe deal with the struggles that come with Lucas having a child. Glad they tied in Chloe's singing. I was hoping they would. Cute scene. I also liked how Lucas turned on Chloe a bit because in the heat of that moment, it was realistic. Sami came in at the wrong time and Lucas realizes that Sami has a point in that Chloe did leave Allie and it was for a stupid reason. I'm just enjoying the realism of it all and loved the end scene with the cops arriving.

As for Chloe being pregnant, I had that same thought but we'll see. If it happens, I can see some dramatic potential in that, actually.

The Philip/Morgan stuff today and this whole week (including tomorrow) just pisses me off. They finally have the right dynamic with them. Having seen tomorrow's they actually slow down and have a nice talk. He's his usual charming self and she's feisty and they butt heads. That is how it should've been. Morgan was far too weak in June and July. This is in character for her now and this whole setup with her working with Kate had so much potential. Days is always getting rid of characters like Morgan just when they begin to make progress. I wish they would reverse their decision because I'm really enjoying how this is all progressing. Liked how Philip called Kate out on her interfering and I liked how Kate tried to turn it on him when he tried to push her to listen to Daniel. It was a nice touch how Austin and Billie were left out. She never did mess with them although she did a bit with Billie and Bo. It's always been more Lucas and Philip though. I also enjoyed how Philip learned about Daniel and Kate. He's not stupid so I'm glad he figured it out and Morgan holding his hand at the hospital and the kiss at the end was great.

On the subject of the France story, I think that story suffered big time from the Higley/Scott drama. I believe RB worked at Y&R when Scott was still at Y&R and Marnie Saitta and Roscoe were good friends so I have this suspicion Ed pushed for Roscoe. I have to wonder if maybe Scott and Born collaborated and Higley wanted a different direction. I think Higley wanted to go the sleazy route as Trent was bordering on that early on and then that changed in July. Maybe Scott wanted Born to be able to stay longer so they softened him but it can't be a coincidence that when Higley's stuff begins to return Trent becomes a total sleaze and pimps out his daughter, hence the out of the blue feel of the yacht stuff and Trent's gambling problem. I really do think Higley was leaning toward Nicole being Melanie's daughter and now we may go there now. I think Scott didn't want to go there, hence why after all the buildup the show seemed to settle for Nicole simply being Trent's wife. I know it's hard to go there but I think it can work. Nicole was young when she first joined, maybe around 24-25. This is 2008 so I think it works within the the character's history.

Having said all that, I'm glad they re-wrote things because it's much more interesting and I actually think it fits within the story. It just happened so suddenly it was more blatant then it should've been. Trent is back to being interesting again and threatening. I also find it has added a compelling nature to the Max/Melanie relationship. I mean, this story went from just ok to one of the better aspects of the show. Molly Burnett is quite a find and she did a superb job again today, especially in her scenes with Max. Brooks and her work so well together. For me, while the writing has to be there, sometimes an actor or actress can make you care about a character through their performance. I already care for Melanie because of Burnett's performance and it's been her performance which has helped the writing enough for me to be sympathetic. The scene where she threw her phone down in disgust after seeing it was Trent was powerful. I hope Burnett sticks around. She's too good to lose and the character has major potential.

The Melanie/Chelsea tension was great. Melvin and Burnett have that Rose/Melvin vibe going. That's a good thing. I also like how Nick seemed to revel on Chelsea being jealous. He is tomorrow too. Good for him. I also like that Stax now has more to do then sit around, talk, and kiss. I can tolerate them much more when they have to actually deal with something. Glad to see the Chelsea/Stephanie relationship back. I loved how Chelsea said she didn't want to repeat what she said about Kate and Daniel to Stephanie.

Overall, this week has been solid and I really hope the show keeps up this momentum. For me, it's been on fire since the last week of July.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kirk
Sep 10 2008, 11:11 PM
You know what? That pisses me off too because I watched tomorrow and the scenes were much better then alluded to. They were necessary actually but the preview made it seem like rehash.

I honestly don't care anymore. I'm waiting for the issues with John's brainwashing to start up and to see him focus more on the Dimera story. It seems like their story is in a holding pattern right now until then, which is fine by me. I find most other aspects of the show more entertaining then them right now anyway.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

How adorable were Melanie/Nick...Nick justgs wants respect on the street....Please writers, do this potential romance right..

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

So far I have liked Nick and Melanie. Still can't get behind Lucas and Chloe but I am trying. Yesterday was pretty good, haven't seen today yet. I much prefer the Sami we saw at the cabin with Allie, calm but determined over the out of control, over the top we saw at the mansion. Sami can still be Sami without all the ranting. It grates when she and Lucas scream at each other. Just keep it calm.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Blake looks great this week..And he and Melanie have lots of chemistry..I want a Chelsea, Nick, and Melanie triangle so bad..I hope thats where we are going..So glad Chan is done..

mesagirl
Member Avatar

Loving Nick and Melanie together. Let's hope the writer's get it right with this pairing. They've already scored bonus points for not having them be related. Now let's take it slow and progess the story naturally, please no I love you's after one date.

I'm not on the Luloe bandwagon. I'm sorry, but as pretty as Nadia is, the girl just can not act her way out of a paper bag. I see zero chemistry between Chloe and Lucas. Seems so forced. I want Lucas with someone other than Sami for sure, but this Chloe pairing isn't working.

Enjoying the show for the most part. I really like how they are giving us multiple story lines and not just focusing on one now. Much better formatting.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Hmmmmm maybe Trent and Nicole's marriage wasn't legal if she got married using the name Misty Circle, hopefully that will be the case.......

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Rhiannon
Sep 12 2008, 01:58 PM
Hmmmmm maybe Trent and Nicole's marriage wasn't legal if she got married using the name Misty Circle, hopefully that will be the case.......
Wait, was that actually stated on the show today? Because I thought Misty Circle was only Nicole's porn name, not a name she acutally went by outside of the studio.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

DrewHamilton
Sep 12 2008, 02:28 PM
Rhiannon
Sep 12 2008, 01:58 PM
Wait, was that actually stated on the show today? Because I thought Misty Circle was only Nicole's porn name, not a name she acutally went by outside of the studio.
When Bo and Hope were trying to find out who Trent's wife was on the computer, they said her name was Misty Circle........

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

^ That's dumb then. Why in the hell would Nicole actually go by that name in real life? God, I hate this lame writing.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Sep 12 2008, 02:33 PM
^ That's dumb then. Why in the hell would Nicole actually go by that name in real life? God, I hate this lame writing.
Maybe Trent forced her into marrying him and didn't pay attention to the name she put on the license paperwork and etc? It sounds like an idiotic excuse Higgs and Co would come up with.......

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm so glad they're giving Marlena a backbone again. They could have easily wrote Marlena horribly. One path they could've taken was to continue writing Marlena as this pathetic wife pining for the man she once loved while he treats her like shit. They didn't though. She has now come to realize that John is not the man she loved and she's finds nothing attractive of the man he has become. She's standing up to him and telling him to get loss. Way to go!

The other way they could've written her has to do with Trent. When John attacked Trent, they could have had Marlena play the dumb woman in the middle, taking the side of the attacked, even though he instigated it. They didn't do that either. Instead, they had Marlena tell John off and once he's gone, she told Trent off as well, even threatened him herself.

Fierce Marlena is back!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply