Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Weekly Discussion; Week Of 9/8
Topic Started: Sep 8 2008, 10:22 PM (3,366 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Okay, Rhiannon, I'm watching live now and just got to the Misty Circle reference. How funny is it that Bo knows the name? Could Bo be a fan of Nicole's work? LOL!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Stefano and Kate are great together. Keep going with this, writers! Yes this stupid little proposal is completely out of the blue and random, but I they have great chemistry together. And it's about damn time we see Kate side by side with a powerful man again. If they're not going to reunite her with Victor, then pair her with Stefano.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Nicole looks nauseous . Don't even go there, writers.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Sep 12 2008, 02:50 PM.

ilovemydays

Rhiannon
Sep 12 2008, 02:40 PM
DrewHamilton
Sep 12 2008, 02:33 PM
^ That's dumb then. Why in the hell would Nicole actually go by that name in real life? God, I hate this lame writing.
Maybe Trent forced her into marrying him and didn't pay attention to the name she put on the license paperwork and etc? It sounds like an idiotic excuse Higgs and Co would come up with.......

Maybe Nicole couldn't use her real name or birth certificate because she was underage?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Sep 12 2008, 02:54 PM
Rhiannon
DrewHamilton
^ That's dumb then. Why in the hell would Nicole actually go by that name in real life? God, I hate this lame writing.
Maybe Trent forced her into marrying him and didn't pay attention to the name she put on the license paperwork and etc? It sounds like an idiotic excuse Higgs and Co would come up with.......

Maybe Nicole couldn't use her real name or birth certificate because she was underage?
No I'm pretty sure she was of legal age because Trent knew Nicole when she was in college.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Ugh Nicole better not be pregnant.

ilovemydays

DrewHamilton
Sep 12 2008, 02:55 PM
ilovemydays
Sep 12 2008, 02:54 PM
Rhiannon
DrewHamilton

No I'm pretty sure she was of legal age because Trent knew Nicole when she was in college.

Maybe she wasn't enrolled under her real name either but when Trent first saw Nicole he didn't call her by her real name so I can't see any reason why she wouldn't use her real name when they got married unless she needed to lie about her age. Maybe the writers can surprise me with an answer.

If I remember the conversation correctly, Trent and Nicole said they knew each other back when Trent was getting his Ph.D and EJ said something like, "I didn't know you had a Ph.D" and Nicole said, "Not exactly" and she and Trent acted all shifty.

Mason
Member Avatar

Nicole damn well better not be pregnant, since, after her shooting in 2002, she can't even have kids.

Days4Life

Mason
Sep 12 2008, 04:14 PM
Nicole damn well better not be pregnant, since, after her shooting in 2002, she can't even have kids.
Exactly! It's ridiculous if they go this route with Nicole...but with Chloe being sick to her stomach, also, I'm wondering if these are red herrings. Maybe they are trying to mislead the viewers who don't know AS is pregnant in real life and that way they will be surprised if and when Sami discovers she's pregnant. Or maybe they will all be having babies at the same time and there can be a switch at the hospital and all the babies get mixed up and.....aw, forget it. I can't even joke about this. I don't want any babies from anyone!

Pearly
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Sep 12 2008, 05:02 PM
Mason
Sep 12 2008, 04:14 PM
Exactly! It's ridiculous if they go this route with Nicole...but with Chloe being sick to her stomach, also, I'm wondering if these are red herrings. Maybe they are trying to mislead the viewers who don't know AS is pregnant in real life and that way they will be surprised if and when Sami discovers she's pregnant. Or maybe they will all be having babies at the same time and there can be a switch at the hospital and all the babies get mixed up and.....aw, forget it. I can't even joke about this. I don't want any babies from anyone!

:hail: :hail:
Edited by Pearly, Sep 12 2008, 05:33 PM.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

First off, well in the hell was Nicole's film noir fantasy shown in the previews for Monday? :shrug:

What is this, Marlena fierce and Sami slowly becoming Sami again all in the same week? Its a good start in the right direction, I will wait and see how long these two stay that way. However, my biggest pet peeve is when DAYS or any soap for that matter end a show with one SL and then just drop it the next episode or two. Either I totally missed it or DAYS never continued the ending of either Wed or Thurs show where Sami was suppose to hand Ali over. Did I miss something or did that just get totally dropped?

I swear I could watch Joe M read a phone book and be entertained, the man is a powerhouse and I couldn't be happier that Stefano and Kate seem to be getting paired now. Kate needs a powerful man, not an everyday boxtoxed cop, like Roman for example. Now Dr. godJonas is not needed

I didn't like Anna at first, but I have grown to like her a lot now. When she mouthed off to Kate, honey I know you have been in a dry spell lately, but Stefano?(something to that extent anyway) I was laughing my ass off, I hope Tony and Anna continue to get screen time.

I actually don't care if I ever see Steve or Kayla ever again and I hate saying that because I like SN a lot but its the truth. Payla can take their Bratz doll daughter and Pocket II right along with them as well.

I haven't read spoliers lately and I am not sure if that is why I am enjoying the show so much right now, but I thought DAYS was pretty darn good this week, at least after Monday's horrendous excuse for a show.

Nicole Walker

Nicole and Chloe sick. I wouldn't be surprised if they both were preggers.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Apparently condoms in Salem are outlawed, no wonder Salem is getting a new mayor soon.

Sariah
Member Avatar

I wouldn't mind if Chloe had Philip's baby. Or if Nicole was pregnant, which I logically know is impossible, but I would actually like to see how a baby changes Nicole. I'd love to watch her longing for booze and not able to have any! LOL I imagine her like a fierce lioness with her baby - not the best mom in the world, but willing to do whatever it would take to protect her baby.

Okay, now I will run and duck out of this thread, as I know I'm in the minority on this one. (Although I do agree that Sami should be done with babies for a long time.)

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This was a really great friday show...We had so many vets: Bo, Hope, John, Marlena, Abe, Lexie, Tony, Anna, Kate, Stefano and even Nicole....Tony and Anna were a hoot, Stefano and Kate could potentially be dynamite together..And i agree Kirk, JM is fucking awesome...I'm so enjoying his current run...This Dimera story rocks...

Loved Marlena today..So glad she didn't fall for Trent's story...John's seizures intrigued me and i'm really looking forward to this Trent story wrapping up..Also Bo and Hope were hilarious when they found out Nicole was Trent's wife..

Also thank you Higley for actually making Abe and Lexie feel like they are important to the cast and not just the town doctor and police chief..While the autism story has its flaws, its so refreshing having Abe and Lexie in a frontburner storyline..They are long overdue..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Catching up...

Thursday's episode was pretty solid. I liked the Victor/Philip talk and the way Victor learned about Daniel and Kate. He figured it out too but with alot of help from Philip. I liked the Victor/Kate scenes and I continue to like the buildup to Kate's illness. Philip/Morgan are finally on the right track and the show fires her. DUMB move. I adored their scenes and loved Morgan and Kate together. The tension and Kate's "brown nosing" comment was great.

The stuff with Nick and Melanie was adorable. The chemistry and acting were great and liked Chelsea seeing them. The Chick scene was alot of fun. Liked them catching up and Nick reveling in the fact that Chelsea saw him kiss Melanie.

I also. God help me, enjoyed Stax. They are tolerable when they are dealing with things and not just playing kissy-face. Max/Melanie and the end where she came in to say that she was going back with them was very good and I can't say enough how much the addition of Melanie has helped this story.

J&M were pretty good. The scenes were necessary and I liked the flashback to what Marlena said. That made her look awful because she did say that to John.

As for Friday, it as a wonderful Friday show. Lots of vets and movement.

The Dimera mansion scenes had to be the best. Tony and Anna were in rare form and were hilarious. Loved her snarky comments to Kate and Tony. Stefano and Kate are dynamite. LK and JM rock together. Loved the way their relationship was revisited and how the audience was reminded in bits and pieces of it, proving there is nothing random about it. I buy Stefano proposing to her. She's really his only option and I think he sees many of the same qualities in her that he did Marlena. She's strong, independent, all about family, and her ability to always rise from the ashes, as he said. Good stuff.

I also have to say...WELCOME BACK MARLENA EVANS!! This is the Marlena I want. Fierce and in control. Love how she treated Trent and loved her threatening him after John left. That is Marlena. Loved John/Nicole and John's seizure. The scenes played out well. As for Nicole, her getting sick wasn't very subtle LOL.

The police scenes were solid. Loving the buildup of frustration with Abe, Bo, and Hope and how they tied in the Theo story with Abe being upset. I'm so glad Abe and Lexie are getting the chance to shine. JR and RJ are great. Looking forward to seeing more of them and seeing her and him deal with their work problems too. Bo and Hope were adorable when they were waiting for which source would contact them first. Loved their reactions and the whole "Misty Circle" thing. Hope's reaction to Bo knowing that was hilarious.

This has been a solid week. Some things were off, like the fast forward and obvious re-write that brought us to the yacht stuff with Melanie on Tuesday and the way the Sami stuff as dropped after Wednesday but it seems like backstage upheaval at work. I have a feeling after about a week we will see a much tighter show.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Quick question: Are Marlena and John still legally married?
Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Amello
Sep 13 2008, 12:34 PM
Quick question: Are Marlena and John still legally married?
Well, they got married in Italy in December '06, then John was in a coma, then he woke up, then he was "killed", then he came back. So, it would seem to me that their marriage is still valid, unless his death certificate (which I guess turned out not to be valid) invalidated it. So there you have it, lol. Aside from that, they haven't gotten a divorce, and certainly the writing on the show (where Marlena talks about getting a divorce) suggests that they are married.

esp13
Member Avatar

In the Days universe, the rule is always that if you "die" but are later determined to be undead, then it's like you never died at all. You get your spouse and kids back (even if everybody thought that somebody else was you), you get your job back (usually), but I assume your beneficiaries get to keep the insurance money. Except for the whole " missed entire portions of my kid(s)' lives" and "was in a coma/tortured/brainwashed" thing, it's not such a bad gig.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

darraholic
Sep 9 2008, 01:17 AM
Why the hell were Bo & Hope having a romantic picnic at a playground?
To please their fanbase since they don't have a story.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply